+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Fave FF?

Otaku sazza2488 may be famous one day sazza2488 may be famous one day
    Thanks

What's Your Fave FF?

Personally FFIX and FFVII are the best.

Recently I was quite close to completing FFIX but my memory card corrupted. 52 hours of gameplay down the drain.

Since FFX I think the added voice overs kinda put me off it since then. Obviously the graphics are way better but it aint the same ol FF as you know it. I suppose trying something new is ok. But the voice overs spoilt it for me.

So what's you fave FF?

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: What's Your Fave FF?

Personally I think FFVII is my favorite but I liked FFVIII and FFIX. Final fantasy 7 changed everything for me and basicly got me into RPG's. When I first played it I was skeptical and thought it was stupid...but then. After about 6 hours into it I was hooked. I had played earlier FF games but wasn't really impressed, lack of patience maybe. FF10 was only ok to me, I agree with you on the voice adaptation system it totally took away from the originality of the game. Now don't get me wrong I played FF10 to the end but it wasn't as fullfilling as 7-9. FF8 was a must have no matter what because of 7's success and I think they did a good job, but the "life-like" people were a bit distorted. The damn skill system was kinda wierd too, I didn't like it much. The CG scenes were a definite improvement over 7 and held about the same feeling though. FF9 came back to basics so-to-speak. Lil' people again^^ The story was great and following all of FF's games full of emotion. The combat system was cool and easy to use. Overall I think FF9 was a bit better game gameplay wise then FF8. I still love 7 tho.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of the older FF's. I especially hate the one with the monkey boy in it, don't know why though. I tried playing FF VII on my PS2, I made past the train thing and to some save point in this building that was going to explode or something.. then I died, and I didn't have a PS1 memory card, I stopped playing after that.

As far as favorites go, I like FFX-2 best, because it's easy to play and the story is nice, but it's damn hard getting everything only to see some stupid scene with Tidus, I don't like him... Ah, there I go. Anyone looking forward to newest FF? Isn't it FF XIII or something?
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Argh, you're favorite is X-2, ugh, eeeek, rrraagggggggeeeee. I personly saw no point in that one, not to mention the fact that nobuo left square-enix around then I think. I did like some things from it, but that is no excuse for them making yuna act like a ditz, lol. As for the older, yes they were my favorite when it comes to story and layout, 8 being my favorite cause I like the concept better. I'm looking forward to 13 and 13versus as well, hopefully the ps3 does better by then.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Argh, you're favorite is X-2, ugh, eeeek, rrraagggggggeeeee. I personly saw no point in that one, not to mention the fact that nobuo left square-enix around then I think. I did like some things from it, but that is no excuse for them making yuna act like a ditz, lol. As for the older, yes they were my favorite when it comes to story and layout, 8 being my favorite cause I like the concept better. I'm looking forward to 13 and 13versus as well, hopefully the ps3 does better by then.
    /agree X-2 was a pointless game, they only made it because they thought they could use the FF name to interest a more male audiance with an all female cast, or give the female audiance a "girl power" game and try to reel more of them in. Just my opinion.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    That is true very true. I don't know why I bought that game.

My fav
    FF game currently is FFXII because it is simply beautiful, the graphics and the music is amazing. It's the greatest FF game out there even though I hate the battle system.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm...my all time fav is probably still Vll but to be honest I love them all. XD

Vll was near perfection in every aspect when it was released. Even by today's standards the only thing that'd be lacking is the graphic quality. Other than that its holding its own perfectly against any other games that're out there now.

Other than Vll I enjoyed lll and V. I love the Job Change system. Especially with the recent remakes of the two with newly added jobs. ^^

ll was unique in its own way too. You dont level up but your stats go up based on your action. In a way this made the character development "realistic". C'mon, you dont get stronger in every aspect when you keep doing the same thing over and over do you? XP

lV was the first FF I played and is what got me hooked. I LOVED the story for lV. I wish that they did a "sequel" to lV and not X.

X-2 was the only FF that dissapointed me. Yeah, I bought it and played it for over a 100hrs and got a 99% clear rate(shut up...you know why) but it doesnt mean that I give it the same respect that I give to the other FFs.
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Feb 26, 2007 at 05:21 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    Hmmm...my all time fav is probably still Vll but to be honest I love them all. XD

Vll was near perfection in every aspect when it was released. Even by today's standards the only thing that'd be lacking is the graphic quality. Other than that its holding its own perfectly against any other games that're out there now.

Other than Vll I enjoyed lll and V. I love the Job Change system. Especially with the recent remakes of the two with newly added jobs. ^^

ll was unique in its own way too. You dont level up but your stats go up based on your action. In a way this made the character development "realsitic". C'mon, you dont get stronger in every aspect when you keep doing the same thing over and over do you? XP

lV was the first FF I played and is what got me hooked. I LOVED the story for lV. I wish that they did a "sequel" to lV and not X.

X-2 was the only FF that dissapointed me. Yeah, I bought it and played it for over a 100hrs and got a 99% clear rate(shut up...you know why) but it doesnt mean that I give it the same respect that I give to the other FFs.

Hence that's what it means to be a fanatic, no matter how bad the game might be, you'll still play it cause of the name final fantasy, lol. Don't worry, same goes for me. But if they keep that up then I might change my view on the series, but I don't see that happening seeing as how I loved 12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast