+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy Game?!?

Otaku tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud may be famous one day tifa4cloud's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy Game?!?

my favorite final fantasy game has to be 8 because it was the first ff i played therefore getting me into the series it was also the first game i completed other people may hate it but it brings back lots of happy memories to me (1999- i was only 9 but it was one of the best years ever)

thank you equinn

Newbie Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc may be famous one day Sirhc's Avatar
    Thanks

The old final fantasys were cool in the sense you could create your own party of Whatever and name them. Though the Stories Square comes up with are kickass. So far FF VII has the most interesting game I've played, while FF X kinda had the killer storyline.

FF VIII - Er...It looked cool for PS graphics I guess. Only played the demo.
    FF XII - Hokay, i know cutscenes usually have more detail then the main game, but do they really need to now o.o... Loved the intro.
    FF Tactics Ad. - Meh...If I had a GB Advance then I'dve played it more but tactic warfare is kinda boring when there's other game's to play when borrowing from a friend.

In the end I'd gotta say FF X because I just played it and I'm trying to beat it's sequel.

Naruto Shippuden >> 51 | Gundam 00 >> 24 | FMA >> Ch. 81

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto1988 View Post
    I see your point. I didnt like X-2 for its gameplay i liked it because it was merely a extenion on the story of X thats all i wanted to see what happens next. i hated the game play
    I don't see why X needed an extention to the story. The ending of it would had been better than the perfect ending that X-2 gave us. It just ruined the story if anything, but w/e.

In terms of story, I loved 8's the best because the thought of a school of kids fighting as seeds peeked my interest. As for gameplay, I will say X was the best, but I actually liked the new system 12 had to offer. It was quite nice being able to control whatever weapon you wanted the character to have, and it flowed nicely IMO.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, my first take at a Final Fantasy game was actually FF7. I remember playing it at a friends house because I was bored. He had to pretty much make me play it and kept going on about how awsome it was and I wasn't impressed by a longshot. One knight we were up late and he decided to pass out leaving me wide awake so I decided to try it on my own. After about 6 hours of continuous play I realized that the game WAS really awsome! It wasn't long after that (a day maybe) that my buddy stopped letting me play his game because I was getting further than him and it pissed him off. So I decided to go and buy myself a playstation and FF7. I had never played a game like it before, the cut scenes, the wide open world, the spells! It was all so bad a** I think I filled up 3 memory cards with all of them at 99 hours playing that game, trying to get every spell, materia or weapon. I actually still play FF7 to this day, along with FF8 and FF9. I have played all the older ones as well.

I did play Final Fantasy 8 and 9 when they came out and I was very pleased at both of them. The stories were awsome and got you really involved with the characters. I will say that I did prefer the Materia method of FF7 over the new ones sported by FF8 and FF9 but other than that, the games rocked just as hard!

Final Fantasy 10 brought a big change for the worst in my opinion. TALKING CHARACTERS!! Whoever was the final authority on making the voices over the chat bubbles needs to be fired. I couldn't stand the whining of Tidus and Luna...GOD! What was up with the new bubble materia system thing? I thought it was also retarded. Through all that I still played the game and beat it because it was after still a FF game. I only played it once though, and unless I have no other games available I won't play it again ever.

Final Fantasy 10-2.......Wow, this game was retarded. I bought it because I own all the others. I played about 25% of it and resealed the case never to be played again.

Final Fantasy 11-online. I tried the online game but wasn't really into online games when it first came out. I ended up just buying a subscription and then cancelling it. Now it's on the shelf with the others.

Final Fantasy 12. I was so pumped to hear about 12, the screens looked awsome and the hype was sky high. Boy was I surprised when I bought it.....
    This game couldn't feel more NON-FF if they tried to make it so. What happened to Squaresoft when the joined with Enix? FF12 moved like a damn action adventure game, had speaking characters like FF10/10-2 and didn't even have a cut scene battle mode! You couldn't invert the controls so they were all backwards feeling and the hack n slash is retarded. I played this game for about 2 hours until I decided to stop. I almost pulled it out of the playstation 2 hoping I could stomp all the anger and dissapointment out of the disc. I just ended up letting a friend play it, who incidentally still has it to this day.

So it ends like this, after playing all the Final Fantasy games as much as I could bare, I still go back to old FF7 over any of the others. There you go, a non brief history of my Final Fantasy game playing experience. FF7 RULES!

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Random battles are a pain and it is good they decided to evolve with the rest of the world and try new sytems. Turn based is dead and is no longer satisfactory all the time IMO. I was getting tired of the similar setting that FF was executing, so 12 was definitely welcomed IMO.

And voiceovers are a 50-50. Either they will get some really great actors who fit the characters, or flop completely. I haven't been too annoyed with 12's cast, but it could have been better.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deodaclan18 View Post
    Random battles are a pain and it is good they decided to evolve with the rest of the world and try new sytems. Turn based is dead and is no longer satisfactory all the time IMO. I was getting tired of the similar setting that FF was executing, so 12 was definitely welcomed IMO.

And voiceovers are a 50-50. Either they will get some really great actors who fit the characters, or flop completely. I haven't been too annoyed with 12's cast, but it could have been better.
    I'm not just talking about the voices they picked for the characters, I'm talking about speaking characters in general. Personally I enjoyed reading the boxes more because I could put more or less feeling into the words with my own tone inflection. But then again, I'm also one of those people who would rather read subtitles and hear Japanese than hear english voices in Anime...
    The controls in FF12 were one of the big reasons I disliked it too.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fled79 View Post
    I'm not just talking about the voices they picked for the characters, I'm talking about speaking characters in general. Personally I enjoyed reading the boxes more because I could put more or less feeling into the words with my own tone inflection. But then again, I'm also one of those people who would rather read subtitles and hear Japanese than hear english voices in Anime...
    The controls in FF12 were one of the big reasons I disliked it too.
    Yeah i feel you man. 12 it doessnt feel like FF at all. but it does have some of familierance to it. but i like the old battle system, and the way they speak is stupis, FFX rocked the whole way. i acually traded it to my friend but i got it back last weekend, i'm so F'in happy!

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Yeah i feel you man. 12 it doessnt feel like FF at all. but it does have some of familierance to it. but i like the old battle system, and the way they speak is stupis, FFX rocked the whole way. i acually traded it to my friend but i got it back last weekend, i'm so F'in happy!
    To me the only thing about FF12 that actually seemed like a Final Fantasy game were the character models and CG scenes.

I still think FF7/8/9 were better then 10 but I've explained that already. Tidas, what a whiner. His voice was just so horrible.

Brothers in Arms

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast