+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who can play guitar

Newbie Mizark1390 is off to a good start Mizark1390's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Who can play guitar

yea i know i asked about how to do something and they said mean things to me

btw, i find it easier to play guitar, even though its hard sometimes

but ive tried drums, i have bad timing and i cant keep tempo with my feet and hands

so guitar for me is easier, but trying solos is my next hard task
    This hads been Mizarkcus

Otaku bcvl1124 is off to a good start
    Thanks

I am not good in guitar. Just singing. But I really wanna learn the guitar. But my brother is very good in guitar. Very good with the chords and strings and all that stuff. He said that... When we go to the U.S. he will teach me how to play the guitar. ^^ I can't wait. n.n

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Can't play myself. I tried classes for about half a year when I was probably 8, but I never bothered with it again after that summer. I don't regret it because I would rather play something like the piano; I am not very fond of the instrument at most times anyways.

Newbie MiliardoP is off to a good start
    Thanks

if i would sugest a practice routine it would be to learn some tabs of your favorite band, one band two or more may be alittle much if you just started. For instance i love the pillows. they are a great starting band. they have strumming, solos, awesome picking, and very catchy songs so the beat is really easy to get down. I mean u can get lessons but i would just go to this site and learn songs first. ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS ARCHIVE | 250,000+ Guitar Tabs, Bass Tabs, Chords and Guitar Pro Tabs! . oh and a technique that is really good is to keep your wrist bent and use all 4 playing fingers even if the song doesnt require it. youll need the pinky later on trust me LOL i learned the hard way ;P

if you need any other help feel free to PM me.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been playing since I was 14--so for about 13 years now. I'm not the greatest player (seeing as how I've had no formal lessons), but I can play most songs by ear, and I even write my own from time to time. I can't tell you how to play a specific chord, but I can read tabulature. I have one guitar--with no strings currently--and I'm working on buying my second one soon.

I wanna start a band someday, then maybe I'd get a lil better.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    I've been playing since I was 14--so for about 13 years now. I'm not the greatest player (seeing as how I've had no formal lessons), but I can play most songs by ear, and I even write my own from time to time. I can't tell you how to play a specific chord, but I can read tabulature. I have one guitar--with no strings currently--and I'm working on buying my second one soon.

Practice makes perfect.

Joining a band doesn't seem like a step forward, but in actuality, a step back. Pick and choosing the songs, staying on the same beat.. It is different working in a group than by yourself.

Instead of relying on your talents, you rely on the combination of multiple ones. Seems a bit difficult when instead of focusing on what you can improve in yourself, it is the group as a whole.

Practice, focus, move to the next level. Band it up then brutha!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    Practice makes perfect.

Joining a band doesn't seem like a step forward, but in actuality, a step back. Pick and choosing the songs, staying on the same beat.. It is different working in a group than by yourself.

Instead of relying on your talents, you rely on the combination of multiple ones. Seems a bit difficult when instead of focusing on what you can improve in yourself, it is the group as a whole.

Practice, focus, move to the next level. Band it up then brutha!
    Oh, I know. It's not an easy task and focusing on a group IS pretty difficult, but I used to be in a Jazz Band, and I think that if you can make a group function as one, then they all can improve as one as well. I played a different instrument--trumpet--back then, but the concept still applies.

I'm considering taking a formal lesson for a change, because my guitar books are tiresome.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post

I've also had no prior guitar training, all was done by being taught by my parents back when i was 8ish, it took me about since the time i was 16-17 to actually start playing in band(because i could find any other musicians), we've been playing for about 4yrs now, and could pretty much play any song (even country..but im a metal head), its not what song to play is difficult now, its what types of genre sugggestions that we'll start clashing on.)

I find (even though i didnt have one), that guitar teachers dont really teach you anything, any good guitar player can show you basics, a teacher shold only point out how NOT to play things the wrong way, because its you that will have to go over every little thing before you start getting good at it.

For now i only look at some guitar dvd's like those John Pertucci ones(which are great warmups), i can solo my own ways, its just a pain to remembers someone elses, which is why i rarely play other artists songs anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast