+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Why people blame video games

Newbie SniperWolf is off to a good start SniperWolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Why people blame video games

Most people say video games are bad for you bacause of the violence that it has in it.The parents are the one who mostly blame the gaming company's which is their own faults for not watchng what their kids buy.Sad and yet true that their parents blame other things rather then themselve for what has happen to their child.They blame the violence in video games because their child become a shooter or some kind of serial killer...and yet they do not blame themselve.Their can be something wrong (emotionally) with a child for them to become like that or if something is going on with the family where the child has to hate everything. In other cases this only my perspective on this topic ..other people have differnt view rather than my own.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Why people blame video games

I this thread is better off in the General discussion section as its not an introduction thread ^^

~Moving~
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SniperWolf View Post
    Most people say video games are bad for you bacause of the violence that it has in it.The parents are the one who mostly blame the gaming company's which is their own faults for not watchng what their kids buy.Sad and yet true that their parents blame other things rather then themselve for what has happen to their child.They blame the violence in video games because their child become a shooter or some kind of serial killer...and yet they do not blame themselve.Their can be something wrong (emotionally) with a child for them to become like that or if something is going on with the family where the child has to hate everything. In other cases this only my perspective on this topic ..other people have differnt view rather than my own.
    People blame video games/TV/Movies/... simply because they want to blame something and they are too lazy to actually look for reasonable culprits.

Can video games psychologically affect people? They sure can.
    Do video games make killers out of your children? Only if they already had those tendencies from the get-go.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

The thread title is to vague. How about, "Are video games to blame for Violence in teens or is it lack of good parental skills"?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    The thread title is to vague. How about, "Are video games to blame for Violence in teens or is it lack of good parental skills"?
    I don't think the title is that bad. But I don't mind if you change it either.

Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Thanks

I have always thought that it was the parents fault. The children don't blame video games and it is almost like an aliby for parents who don't/didn't do their job! Shooters are so unrealistic and children realize that their isn't another respawn or free continue!

AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Thanks

I think your right about how parents blame the gaming companys because they dont want to blame their child or themselves.

Personally I dont believe games effect kids like that, unless there psychos to begin with. 0.0
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 07, 2007 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Don't pretend to be a moderator.

Otaku Youth-anime-fan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Video games don't kill people . People kill people.

Whether people like it or not, it only takes one nut for people to start to blame "other forces". Why not just blame the person instead of:
    *Society
    *Video Games
    *Someone else (even though its your fault or an accident)
    *Government (when its your fault)
    *immigrants
    *Other races
    *God or whatever higher power
    *random conditions
    *Absolutely anything BUT THEMSELVES

Living in America where everyone is constantly concerned about ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!!, it gets annoying after awhile. Even though people do nice things, or act like they care about you, they do it for themselves. So you will be nice to them. So you will be their friend. So they get a good feeling from giving or doing something good. Rarely will one find someone doing something for someone else purely out of love for the other.

Oh, video games...
    Just don't blame them. They're fun. Don't like them, don't play them, and don't force others to not play them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast