+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wii Fit-Are you a believer!?

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wii Fit-Are you a believer!?

Ah yes, Shigeru Miyamoto's(Creator of Mario, Yoshi, Pikmin, Zelda, Nintendogs, and basically all of Nintendo's other key franchises) latest masterwork of genius, already unleashed(err...released I mean) in Japan, and soon to be invading(err...releasing!) in the Americas and Europe. Wii Fit(For the Wii..who'da guessed it?) is a game(Despite those who debate that...) thats all about fitness, and tracking your fitness level.

The game ships with the Wii Balance Board, a peripheral that looks much like a bathroom weight scale, but is much more intricate. It can detect shifts in weight, which in Wii Fit is used for a variety of purposes. For example, the game has you doing push-ups, yoga poses, and exercises like that, while also providing mini-games(For example, in one someone is kicking soccer balls at the screen, and you have to shift your weight, so that you headbutt the ball) that have you using the Balace Board for different applications. The goal of the game is to track your fitness level through these various methods, and ultimately whip you into shape!

The game is already a runaway success in Japan, with over 1.5 million units in sales, which is insane, considering that the game is priced in the $80-$90 range. But, a variety of questions remain, and here's where you come in, fellow AO'ers!

Are you going to buy Wii Fit?
    Are you only buying it for the Balance Board, which will be used in games like We Cheer, and We Ski?
    Do you think that this game will help people become fit? Or will it get people interested in exercising programs?
    Will Wii Fit sell 15 bajillion copies in North America as most are predicting?
    Has Miyamoto gone insane(er?)!?
    And lastly, do you think Wii Fit will be good for the game industry? Or will it casualize and unfun everything related to games in existance?(I've seen some people argue that, so might as well include it...)

Feel free to add anything else, and you don't have to answer all of the questions, of course.

So AO, wiil wii all be getting fiit by the end of the year?
    Last edited by Luminous; Apr 18, 2008 at 06:27 PM.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wii Fit-Are you a believer!?

-Are you going to buy Wii Fit?
    No, not only because the Wii in my household isnt mine but I have no real interest in it.

-Are you only buying it for the Balance Board, which will be used in games like We Cheer, and We Ski?
    If I do buy it than yes, might as well get the most out it and it'd also be a new type of gameplay for the household gamers.

-Do you think that this game will help people become fit? Or will it get people interested in exercising programs?
    Yes and no. Its more exercise than sitting your ass on the couch and playing games the traditional way but it is in NO WAY anywhere close to actual exercise in the outdoors, or even the indoors for the matter. But sadly it will most likely get a lot of people hooked into thinking so...PLAYING THE WII IS NOT EXERCISE!!! NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WISH IT WAS!!!

-Will Wii Fit sell 15 bajillion copies in North America as most are predicting?
    Has Miyamoto gone insane(er?)!?

Probably, on almost every occasion I goto my local game shop I hear atleast one person asking for it already.

-And lastly, do you think Wii Fit will be good for the game industry? Or will it casualize and unfun everything related to games in existance?(I've seen some people argue that, so might as well include it...)
    Hmmmm, yes it may do some good. Even though its most likely to get dissed by people that its not "exercise" (obviously) it certainly does offer a new type of game playing in the household that was only rarely available in arcades until now.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

For all "non-believers", let me get this through your heads:

1. Definition of Fit:
    In good physical condition; in good health: He's fit for the race.
    -Dictionary.com

2. In other words: Not Muscular, Not Skinny, Not Ab-tastic, Not Tae-Bo Master, Not Gym-Man... just FIT. FIT. Meaning: Good Health, Good Physical Condition.

3. This isn't meant to replace actual gyms or full-on work-outs... this was meant to ENCOURAGE physical fitness, not CREATE it... but it can ( just not as "quick" ).

4. MOST people don't do daily exercises, and no matter how many times you tell them to work-out: THEY NEVER WILL. This was meant to encourage them.

5. Older people, casual people (gym and non-gym), and some ashamed gamers WILL WANT to get this game. I guarantee it. Why? Because it WILL encourage them.

6. How will it encourage them? : Instead of just doing push ups and crunches - instead of just having a watched diet and planned routines -- people would like 2 things:
    (1)A virtual coach and graph that shows and tells them how they're doing.
    (2)Something to keep them interested - aka competition graphs, Miis, interactive visuals, etc

7. Again, this wasn't meant to make them muscular. Again, most people won't work out how many times you tell them to. Again, work-outs WITH extra options are ALWAYS nice. Again, if you doubt this, you doubt the entire casual thought of the casual populace.

8. Though it's price is high (US: $90... other countries are higher), think about it:
    (1) An oversized controller shaped like a guitar with game = $70-$120
    (2) An overpowered measuring platform with game = $90
    (3) An oversized controller shaped like a guitar with game = controller used only for series
    (4) An overpowered measuring platform with game = controller WILL BE USED IN FUTURE GAMES
    (5) Wii Play with Controller = $50 (8 mini games)
    (6) Wii Fit with Balance Board = $90 (10 minigames, 30 toning exercises)

9. Daily morning stretches and buffs can do WONDERS for the body and mind. Most of the population in the United States DO NOT participate in morning exercises.

10. Remember: Wii FIT. Not Wii Muscle.

Now that I got that off my chest:
    Yes I am a believer... It may not be full exercise, but ANY movement CAN burn fat... and this? This is more than just a small movement... --and I think you should've added more stats for people to understand what you're talking about.
    And I already pre-ordered it.

Main Links
    Wii Fit - Nintendo
    Wii Fit - Wii Fanboy
    Wii Fit - YouTube

Tours

Wii Fit - Wii Folder Video Tours 1 (mini games)
    Wii Fit - Wii Folder Video Tours 2 (mini games)
    Wii Fit - Wii Folder Video Tours 3 (muscle toning)
    Wii Fit - Wii Folder Video Tours 4 (yoga poses)
    Wii Fit - Wii Folder Video Tours 5 (menus/options)
    Wii Fit - Wii Folder Video Tours 6 (Channel Tests)

Parody
    Wii Fit - YouTube Parody

Main Notes
    Platform: Wii
    Release Date: May 19, 2008 (US)
    Price: $89.99
    Last edited by Soshi Kitai; Apr 18, 2008 at 07:18 PM.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

O.o ... ^_^ ain't my honey smart? anyways...

i'm a believer in WiiFit, i however am not a believer in myself! so i will be playing WiiFit a lot, but i know that it will be up to ME to make it WORK. so if i still have a huge gut in the next year, it's my own damn fault! but hopefully, WiiFit and Soshi will keep me in the working spirit, i should be a "not a fat ass" in the next coming months.

and for those who might think i'm too hard on myself... ^_^ shut up! ^_^ you don't know me~!

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I will buy it, I don't see it as a quick fix I see it as something fun and slightly active to do on days I'm stuck inside. As for helping get people fit I can see it happening, just to a small fraction though. A very close friend of mine lost 100lbs by getting into DDR, he was really good and he ended up looking REALLY good. So I think it depends on the person that buys it.

I'm just me.

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Will i do belive this because some guy on the iternet lose like 58 pounds playing wii alot so i guess they got the idea from that guy and made a health thing.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

if nintendo said that playing the wii would turn the sky red, i'd belive them.

no matter what haters think, the wii may not make u a body builder, but it IS AEROBIC EXERSIZE! Play GH3 for 4-5 hours and see if it doesn't get ur heart rate up and keep it there, or wii boxing/tennis. not all games are aerobic, but quite a few are, and boxing is in my oppion the best (i have trouble makin it throught more than a few rounds without runnin out of breath though, good luck)

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie ZenAden is off to a good start ZenAden's Avatar
    Thanks

You have gotta be kidding me. Playing the wii exercise? O_o

I don't know about that, but I' am definitely not relying on a wii game to stay in shape.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast