+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii = The Future?

Newbie Joe Monster may be famous one day Joe Monster may be famous one day
    Thanks

Exclamation Wii = The Future?

Right now in the console wars we have basically 2 radical schools of thought. You have the Wii, which focuses on mainstream appeal (wide audience) and an innovative control scheme, and then you have the PS3 come out with its clear focus on graphics and technology.

SO what's it gonna be? Are simple, fun, innovative games run on inexpensive equipment like the Wii here to stay? Is this the future? Or do you think the Wii will burn out and the huge graphical and technological advantages of the 360 and the PS3 dominate?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Wii = The Future?

Moving to sensory pleasures.

Most people believe that both philosophies can coexist.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Monster View Post
    Right now in the console wars we have basically 2 radical schools of thought. You have the Wii, which focuses on mainstream appeal (wide audience) and an innovative control scheme, and then you have the PS3 come out with its clear focus on graphics and technology.

SO what's it gonna be? Are simple, fun, innovative games run on inexpensive equipment like the Wii here to stay? Is this the future? Or do you think the Wii will burn out and the huge graphical and technological advantages of the 360 and the PS3 dominate?
    Except once you buy everything it costs just as much as a PS3.

As always it's not about cost but what games are on the system. As long as they have the games people want to buy then they will pay for the system.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well, for me it's all about the games, and the wii provides any game I'll want, and if there's some other game I wanna try on the other systems, I simply will mooch off of it from my friends. That's how I roll. The future? Well the wii has certainly stepped up the bar a notch with the whole interactive controller thing, but people like to have nice looking games too. Whichever is your bread and butter I guess.

Shu
    Devoted Otaku Shu may be famous one day Shu may be famous one day Shu's Avatar
    Thanks

prediction: nintendo industries is out of business 3 years from now

the graphics on the wii suck, and its appeal wont last against the 360 and p23, which are clearly more high tech

Newbie crazymuncy may be famous one day crazymuncy may be famous one day
    Thanks

i personaly belive the future is in online gameing over like xbox live. i think the wii looks fun but i also belive it would get old really fast thats why im going get zelda on the gamecube instead of the wii. i also belive that the wii's game play in a few years will be really repeative because there is only so much u can do with that controller. but they do have the retro controller and i think there will be some good games on it. so i think the other way is the right way. i dont think its going come down to the graphics i think its going come down to the gameplay and i just dont think the wii can keep the games fresh for very long. but i think that the ps3 and the 360 can but only time can really tell.
    I live in my own little word but its ok...
    They know me here.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think the Wii will get alot of popularity as PS3 or X-box 360 but I like the concept of the controllers like movement is you but, graphics is where its at right now for me ;/

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the results of the console wars will be as follows - PS3<Wii<Xbox 360 or PS3<Xbox 360<Wii. And here are my reasons for that thinking. The PS3 is "good", but perhaps to good for its own good. Sony promised a huge graphical as well as technological gap between the Xbox 360 and PS3 which would make it the clear cut choice; which we have yet to see by any means. Also, since Sony has aspired to concentrate more on technology buffs, rather than gameplay, means that anyone who buys a PS3 must have an extensive knowledge of computers, operating systems etc. which the casual gamer will most likely not possess, which is a huge disadvantage when you're asking $600 for a machine that most gamers will not be able to get the most out of becuase of this. And coupled with a terrible launch line up of games (the only good one arguably being Resistance: Fall of Man) makes it not so $600 worthy in the eyes of most.

However the Wii has proven to be very likable, and although it places a distant third in technology wise thankfully so does its pricetag. Also It's motion sensing technology has shown to be very popular with the masses (which is why it has sold over 1,000,000 units so far, while PS3 is stuck at 300,000). Coupled with it's price tag, involving gameplay and wide variety of quality launch games (i.e Zelda and Red Steel) the Wii is very desirable at the moment.

The Xbox 360 serves as the middle man at the moment. Offering great technology that gives it greath graphics and gameplay, an unbeatable online service and now a huge array of games and lower price classics. It serves to give a player what they want without burning a whole through their wallet (like the PS3) or leaving an empty feeling in your stomach when it comes to visual buffs (Wii).

That's my two cents.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

+ Reply to Thread