+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wii.....Good or Bad choice!??

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wii.....Good or Bad choice!??

I personally like the Wii. My best friend has one, we play it every time I go there.
    It's pretty budget friendly, so if you can afford it, I highly suggest it (damn my buying a PS3). I haven't played, nor seen Zelda, so I'll do ya a favor and not say it's the best game for the Wii. BUT, Resident Evil 4 for the Wii is pretty bad-ass! I like the controls for that game, they made it how it should've felt with the PS2 and Gamecube. DDR Hottest Party isn't bad, if you can tolerate the lack of actual DDR music. There's more American music in that one, tracking songs from the 60's on up I think.

All in all, the Wii is pretty cool! I like the price, the games keep ya pretty active and it's got mad potential. Nintendo knew what they were doin' when the made this.

Decapitation?DontBePicky! Raimann may be famous one day Raimann may be famous one day Raimann's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga_TheLost View Post
    1.) I wanted to know if it was a bright idea buying a Wii.
    2.) The second would be, if you have the Wii, what is the best game that you have for it.
    1. well the Wii is a great system. it was made not for grafix and extreme gameplay, but for simple games with an added bonus - movement. these games are amazing to play when company is around, and sometimes when ur alone. the problem is you have to look at your preferences. i wanted a wii, but quickly changed my mind to an Xbox 360, because of my style. im the guy who loves those complicated, grafix on steroids stuff like Gears of War, Halo and Madden 08. i rele dont like getting off the couch to play sometimes. BUT, around friends its another thing. you joke around and over exaggerate your motions, and you might hit them with the remote, break the remote, and pay them back! (guilty..... XD) so it depends on your preferences.

2. the best game for multiplayer stuff is Red Steel. me and my friend dave play it nonstop whn im at his house, but he says that its not great all the time when playing alone. the best part about the game is the anticipation of actually getting hit, and you watchin your friends hands to see where he might possibly be. the best single player game has to be guitar hero, cuz its probably the only game that you could play hours on end by yourself.

Want Credits Fast? Love The Thrill Of Gambling? Then Come On Down And See For Yourself!
    http://www.animeonline.net/f5/nfl-football-31440/

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

If you're having doubts, I would wait awhile and see how it all pans out.

I bought a wii shortly after launch, and while it had fabulous titles available at the time, the software lineup recently has been rather dissapointing... developers are having trouble finding ways to break out of very simple control schemes and crappy anime/movie franchise games make up the bulk of recent releases.

The X-box is the best system as far as a balance of graphical power and software... but it's not even an option in Japan where it's barely hanging on by it's teeth. Japanese consumers just can't bring themselves to support an American-made system, in spite of great exclusives... add to that unreliable hardware issues, and X-box 360 is a big risk.

BUT... as X-box 360 spins its wheels... a lot of those "exclusives" are being discussed as possibilities for PS3. Now, the system is a giant paperweight... a few good games are out there, but certainly nothing to justify it's incredibly high price tag.

Both portable systems are seeing more exciting developments and more stability in terms of hardware and support. For now, I'd say screw the home system and buy yourself a DS and/or a PSP until the console race is a bit further along.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Recently, i read that console exclusives are a dying breed, they just don't make as much money that way. it's a safer bet to share the pie, then to sell it to only one type of customer. most games will be released across the board, and that's something that gamers will have to come to grips with.

Newbie Deadsy Doll is off to a good start Deadsy Doll's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't even play my Wii anymore. I'm addicted to my 360. Sorry Wii
    Your every whimsical desire brought to life

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

^with good reason, considering Halo 3 came out not long ago. I think once febuary strolls around though and SSBB is out, it'll have a lot more attention.

abc
    Newbie abc is off to a good start abc's Avatar
    Thanks

The WII is a great console. You can invite a few friends over and y'all can have a WII party.
    But if yoy are a hard core gamer, then according how you're budget goes you can buy an xbox360 or ps3

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a Wii and I love it I'd say it was a great choice on your part. Also a couple of good games for it are BDZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2, also when brawl comes out you'll have plenty of reason to play that Wii.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast