+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wii good or bad idea

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Wii good or bad idea

This is something that been buging me,
    Wii good or bad idea. Now no ones geting off easy on this form, you have to give as full a reason why you think the way you do about the game unit.

Ill start.

I dont care for it so I would say bad idea. I beleve in higher techs and stuning realism. Now Im not a fanboy or "loyalist" as I like to call them, I just like a more powerfull product. I will admite that they had a good idea but if I want to work out on a game i'll go and play kantica on PS2 using my eye toy.

See that wase'nt so bad now was it. Now its your ture.
    And remember keep it cival.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Newbie Master Gunner Leo is off to a good start Master Gunner Leo's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wii good or bad idea

I think the Wii is suppose to bring ungamers to the gaming world. Really the Wii wasn't a bad idea. With Wii sports, I loved it and some of my friends are ungamers as well. After they played Wii sports. They got Wiis.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this topic is better suited for the sensory pleasures forum.

AO Helper Word Slider Champion, Penguin Shot Champion, YetiSports 10 - The End Champion, Yetisports 2 - Orca Slap Champion, Yetisports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion Mega may be famous one day Mega may be famous one day Mega's Avatar
    Thanks

There's no doubting that it was a good idea. The Wii is selling very strongly, and has succeeded in bringing otherwise non-gameres into at least the casual gaming crowd. As far as my personal preference is concerened, I really believe the Wii to be an inferior console. I'm not amused by the motion sensor, and I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer, so these party games have no effect on me. I think you actualy give up some control when you use the Wii remote, or the Wii-mote as I've dubbed it (glad to see it catching on). You can't experience the complexities of a fighting game while holding that thing. When I play my videogames, I like to get serious, and I want precise control over all actions, and I need to achieve the correct amount of mental conditioning. It's my craft, I can't let loose and flail around like some epileptic seagull. Nintendo focouses heavily on community, so guys like me who enjoy a nice single player experience are kinda left in the cold. Before anyone yells Zelda, think about it, thats not an adventure game, dude can't even jump. I could go on forever about how much I despise dungeons. The whole treasuse hunting dungeon crawling thing is so behind me. Give me a game that actually delivers more awesome gamplay, and not just a pretty paint job, or some goofy new way of playing. The last great game ever made was Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 placed securely atop it. Oh, and the Sonic mega collection by defeault, for containing Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Newbie Master Gunner Leo is off to a good start Master Gunner Leo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mega View Post
    There's no doubting that it was a good idea. The Wii is selling very strongly, and has succeeded in bringing otherwise non-gameres into at least the casual gaming crowd. As far as my personal preference is concerened, I really believe the Wii to be an inferior console. I'm not amused by the motion sensor, and I'm not the biggest fan of multiplayer, so these party games have no effect on me. I think you actualy give up some control when you use the Wii remote, or the Wii-mote as I've dubbed it (glad to see it catching on). You can't experience the complexities of a fighting game while holding that thing. When I play my videogames, I like to get serious, and I want precise control over all actions, and I need to achieve the correct amount of mental conditioning. It's my craft, I can't let loose and flail around like some epileptic seagull. Nintendo focouses heavily on community, so guys like me who enjoy a nice single player experience are kinda left in the cold. Before anyone yells Zelda, think about it, thats not an adventure game, dude can't even jump. I could go on forever about how much I despise dungeons. The whole treasuse hunting dungeon crawling thing is so behind me. Give me a game that actually delivers more awesome gamplay, and not just a pretty paint job, or some goofy new way of playing. The last great game ever made was Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 placed securely atop it. Oh, and the Sonic mega collection by defeault, for containing Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
    I see your point there, but the Wii is all about fun. They focus to bring ungamers to the video game world with fun. Ungamers don't really like all these shooting,blood shedding,fighting games. They think it's a waste of time. Which brings to Zelda games. They are more of a puzzle game then fighting game in my opinion, but you have to go through castles or dungeons. Plus with the motion sensor it could be good to release energy instead of siting down on a chair or sofa playing. So yeah the Wii is all about fun

Otaku TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9 may be famous one day TetsuoShima9's Avatar
    Thanks

I belive the Wii is an infereor system, because of the low graphics on its sports games. I like the Xbox 360 because of its good graphics. Plus you won't accidently throw the controller into the TV. Besides Zelda I haven't heard about any Japanese Rpgs on the Wii and RPGs like that are mostly non-exisitent for the Playstaion 3 except for one crappy port called Enchanted Arms that sells for only $20.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I believe the wii was a very good idea. The critics of the wii will dock it on primary one area: graphics. Honestly, I have to roll my eyes to this because you can have the best system, a PC, with the best graphics in the world and people will still play the simple games like tetris, duke'em nuke'em, and the old school command and conquer games on them.

There are two kinds of video entertainment: visual eye candy, and clever/interactive gameplay. Games usually strive for both, but usually only end up getting one. Alot of PS3 and Xbox 360 games? Eye candy. I love Halo 3 as much as the next guy, but there is absolutely nothing innovative about its basic format; it's a glorified shooter. Pick out any racing game, pick out any fighting game, any modern RPG, those are all eye candy games. Shooters, all eye candy, even in its primitive years, FPS was all about eye candy. People can be entertained by visually spectular games, it's a fact.

The other side is the clever/interactive gameplay. The puzzles, games that call for odd missions, more physical player interaction than just the eyes and fingers. DDR, Guitar Hero, Wii Sports, to name a few, strive to create clever gameplay. Does it work for every game? Certainly not: I have Mortal Kombat:Armegeddon for the Wii. the wiimote is akward, responds poorly, and offers nothing but frustration to the user. MK:A is an eye candy game. Contrast this with WarioWare, it's fast paced, weird, amusing, clever. It is in no way spectular in graphics, it even uses sprites from the N64 in some of its games, but it is still fun.

People who believe graphics and realism are the future of gaming will label the Wii as a pathetic, lazy system that offers interactive play as a "gimmick," rather than a bonafide system. But since when has nintendo's main games ever been in the category of realist? Perhaps its most realistic game is Metroid, but even then, the thought of an adult female squishing down into a small ball and rolling around is ridiculous. My point is that nintendo has always been working the fantasy genre of gaming, PS3 and 360 dabble more with the realistic and sci-fi genres. The wii is the probably the greatest system nintendo has made since the SNES, though apparently primitive in its specs, it is equal, I say, to the PS3 and 360 as far as entertainment value. To say it is a "bad" idea is short sighted.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

The Wii? I think it was a good idea. It definitely succeeded in bringing non-gamers into the gaming world, plus it brought a large profit. And I've always been fond of light guns... Those new, um,"Wii Zappers"—or whatever you call them— I think are a bit over-priced, but I'm itchin' to try that thing with Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles. Just wish I had the time... The Wii is also great for some fun platform games, too. Mario, anyone?
    Last edited by abby724; Nov 18, 2007 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Typos.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread