+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: World.Trade.Center

Otaku B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g. may be famous one day B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g. may be famous one day B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g.'s Avatar
    Thanks

World.Trade.Center

Many of my friends have been debating and arguing about whether or not it was right for them to make a movie about what happened on Sept. 11. The movie, "world trade center" depicts just that...about a cop who got trapped in the debri from the second building which collapsed after the first [or so i heard]. Yes its nice to bring us back to the past or whatnot, but the question is, is it right for them to put out a movie about something they have no idea of how it felt. I guess some people think its offending to the people who died or to family members of those who did. I Personally believe that yes it is an offence...but what do i know?...i just want to watch the movie and see how it affects me. Also, on that note, United 93 was an awesome movie. I loved it. It really "captured the moment". I cried. ...but.....I feel offended in a way, because those actors are not the people. They have no clue who was feeling what on that plane. So, yeah, I would just like to know what my fellow AO members think on this topic?..is it an offence or not?

Please forgive me if a thread like this has been posted..i couldn't find one like it so i did it on my own.

Thankx Pyro, for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Otaku Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: World.Trade.Center

i wanna see that movie! i think it was okay cuz it was telling a story about something that happend to our good people of the USA and telling how they lost their lives trying to get every body out! that gotta take some guts! they knew the could have lost their lives and still they did it!!
    "... And then, a ray of light pierced the darkness. The light turned into a figure of a person who was followed by a fairy, and also held the spirit of the forest..."

thats great!! thank you!!

Otaku B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g. may be famous one day B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g. may be famous one day B.a.n.g.B.a.n.g.'s Avatar
    Thanks

ooookayy...but....

- -;; did you even read my post?....do you or do you not believe that them making a movie of what happened is offending the dead or family of those who died?

Thankx Pyro, for this awesome sig! ^ ^

Otaku Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14 may be famous one day Princess Zelda14's Avatar
    Thanks

what do you mean? did i read your post? yes!!! did you read mine? if i thought that it was a bad idea i would have said bad stuff about it! lol
    "... And then, a ray of light pierced the darkness. The light turned into a figure of a person who was followed by a fairy, and also held the spirit of the forest..."

thats great!! thank you!!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

It is a very sensitive area. I'm not offended by it but then again
    a) i'm not American and b) i don't know anyone in the tragedy
    But making it a movie is a way almost of immortalising the heroic people, the people who risked there own lives to get others out. Those are the people that deserve to be remembered forever. Maybe the movie maker was thinking of it that way. I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do though.

I guess some people might see it has a way to get money out of a tradegy.

Otaku fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012 may be famous one day fma1012's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it can be offences to some people, but not to everyone because maybe nothing happened to them and so they don't really know what happened and how bad it really was.

Thanks lifeforce! (:

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think hollywood is being stupid for releasing movies about a war we're still fighting. We still don't have all the facts, and I for one will definately not be seeing this movie. Maybe 20 years when (and if) the war's over we can reflect about the tragedies of the terrorist attacks and the war in iraq. Until then, hollywood needs to shut it.

Newbie nate_grey_x may be famous one day nate_grey_x may be famous one day nate_grey_x's Avatar
    Thanks

Hollywood is capitalizing on the emotions of people just like Pearl Harbor and Titanic. In my opinion this movie is complete garbage and no I haven't seen it and I never will. It's all about money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast