Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WOW Hack threat!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW Hack threat!!!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

For AO members who play the online MRPG game 'World Of Warcraft', theres been some issues that have been occurring concerning account security...

No end in sight to hacking of 'WoW' accounts | CNET News.com
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: WOW Hack threat!!!

Wow, that's some sick stuff. Frickin hate hackers...

*Anyways, so far I'm good and no problems with this, so hopefully it remains that way. I do update my windows security, so does that mean it can't happen to me, or is the risk still there?
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, the risk is still there. But keep on updating, you know. Luckily I don't play that game... got boring too.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

A good reason to use Firefox, stops the vast majority of Malware in its tracks.

I bet you that every single one of the players who got their accounts hacked uses Internet Explorer.

Get out of the dark ages and out from under Microsoft's heel and embrace the encompassing light that is Firefox.

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

@aceman
    I don't think those internet games use browsers as you know them. It's something completely different.

I think the attacks are good for those guys. Some of those guys take that game more seriously than real life.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    @aceman
    I don't think those internet games use browsers as you know them. It's something completely different.

I think the attacks are good for those guys. Some of those guys take that game more seriously than real life.
    The article said that the computer owners of the accounts that were hacked went to websites that were not related to the game, but were frequented by players, and were infected.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    The article said that the computer owners of the accounts that were hacked went to websites that were not related to the game, but were frequented by players, and were infected.
    Idk if its the regular, but buying WOW gold can always get you in the trap. PWR lving as well. I wouldn't recommend doing any of those sorts anymore if you have been. It is on the main sites, but giving away your info will always raise your % of getting jacked. Since the newest patch, MODS are becomming seriously suspicious as well.

Oh about the remark with WOW and the players taking it too seriously, that is the same with just about any MMO. Regular games, anime...yeah the list is out there. It is probably as good as people say it is aye?

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks

it's ***** pathetic the fact that people are doing this. do people have so much **** free time that they decide to screw with accounts like this? this is why i believe 40% of this world should be flown up into to space to fall into the endless abyss they created for themselves.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast