+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Wwe ...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Wwe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    You do realize it takes TWO to tango, dont' you? It just makes me sick that a man like Edge can cheat on his wife, publicly admit and relish in it, and get this huge monster push while the woman he does it with must sacrifice her carrier and then gets kicked to the side when he dumps her.
    No doubt, and you do realize this society is full of double standards for males and females right? :P I totally understand where you are coming from, and honestly Lita could have stayed with the company but it was clear that week in and week out of ho chants will take a toll on one's psyche.

As for Edge's push, it was going to happen regardless if he cheated on his wife or not. If you think about it, his affair potentially end his push early too. Instead of maybe being a "face" he became a "heel" champ. People love Matt Hardy too much to forgive Edge.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, I know that there is a double standard that people hold. It still makes me sick! Frankly, I couldn't care less if he cheated and divorced his wife for Lita. That is there business. I may not like it but it's there life, not mine. But when they parade it out in public week after week and keep promising to have 'sex celebrations' in the middle of the ring every other week they shouldn't be surprised when people starting chanting certain things. It just pisses me off to no end that Lita takes the brunt of it while the whole world congratulates Edge for his conquest.

I think the reason Edge got the mega push was because of his heat level with fans. People would pay to see his tail get kicked week in and week out. Before his affair he was a good wrestler that flirted with the big time. The controversy is what pushed him over the edge into 'superstardom'...if you can call it that. So, he makes is career by cheating on his wife and ruining Lita's career. Sorry, I just can't respect that.

And McMahon keeps wondering why the women in the WWE run for the hills as soon as they can and sue him for sexual harassment.

It was crap like this that finally made me give up the WWE one year ago. I stopped watching literally 3 weeks before Wrestlemania. All of you should know who hard that it is for a 20 year + wrestling fan to stop watching right before Wrestlemania. And I haven't regretted it at all.

Frankly, if you miss acutal wrestling in your wrestling broadcast, watch TNA. Yeah, it may be one hour and the storylines may make you scratch your head, but they respect their talent and allow them to be the stars. There's also more wrestling (minute by minute) then the WWE has in their two hour broadcast). TNA may have a lot of issues but their wresting is not one of them.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post

Frankly, if you miss acutal wrestling in your wrestling broadcast, watch TNA. Yeah, it may be one hour and the storylines may make you scratch your head, but they respect their talent and allow them to be the stars. There's also more wrestling (minute by minute) then the WWE has in their two hour broadcast). TNA may have a lot of issues but their wresting is not one of them.
    Or watch that Japanese stuff. Those guys know what pain is all about.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Yeah I heard some of those guys use C4's and flourescent tubes

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    Yeah I heard some of those guys use C4's and flourescent tubes
    Americans use that stuff too. But I mean the stiffness of the moves some of those guys do... It's insane.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh yeah! I watch it whenever I can. I'm not sure about the legality of downloading Japanese Wrestling Torrents or where to do it for that matter. But if it's legal and I can find I site I can feed my wrestling addiction on REAL wrestling action that ROCKS!

The Japanese do some weird stuff...but it's really great classic mat wrestling. Things I've seen the U.S. guys tease at for 20 years are done often in Japan (like superplexes to the outside of the ring...that one really blew my mind). And of course, any time I can see Big Scott Norton in action is always appreciated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Americans use that stuff too. But I mean the stiffness of the moves some of those guys do... It's insane.
    Yeah it's probably not my type of thing. The farthest I'll go is going through flaming tables, and some of the stuff I saw when ECW had that ONE NIGHT STAND PPV made me go woah. I mean those guys from 3D use a cheese grater on Tommy Dreamer and I cringed at the sight of that stuff.

@Barronmore: I gotta say though, it's not entirely WWE's fault that wrestling is where it is now. Compare to back then, there's only one main company now instead of two competing companies that can give more wrestlers jobs to develop. On top of that the people are just not that talented in the ring or mic work. Half of wrestling is mic work and acting, so if it's not good the wrestling is just as bad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    @Barronmore: I gotta say though, it's not entirely WWE's fault that wrestling is where it is now. Compare to back then, there's only one main company now instead of two competing companies that can give more wrestlers jobs to develop. On top of that the people are just not that talented in the ring or mic work. Half of wrestling is mic work and acting, so if it's not good the wrestling is just as bad.
    I will simply have to disagree with you and you will have to trust me on this.

I've been watching Wrestling for a very long time...long before Vinnie Mac decided to finally come out and claim it was all fake. True, great wresting is a combination of things...and mike work is one of them. Great wrestling makes you forget that it's fake even when you know better.

In the 'old days', great wrestlers consistently did the following:

1. They could wrestle. They made the match LOOK real to the point you forgot it was fake. They were so good that they could beat a great match out of a mediocre opponent.

2. They understood the psychology of wrestling and cold tell a great story in the ring. They knew what fans wanted and could have the eating out of their hands. There is a certain type of Charisma that allows you to spellbind the audience to the point you can do ANYTHING and they will love or hate you for it. Jake "The Snake" Roberts was probably the greatest at this, though both the Rock and Mick Foley were masters of it as well.

That was pretty much it. If you could wrestle and tell that magical story all else could be forgiven. That's why managers were so prenevilant in the 80's/early 90's. If you had a fellow that was very talented but had very limited mike skills (like the Undertaker when he arrived in WWF X odd years ago) you were assigned a manager who would do your mike work for you.

Look at WCW during the boom period of the mid 90's. They were the most successful because they had it all. They had great mid card wresting with the cruserweights and fellows like Beniot, Malinko, Raven, Saturn, and Eddie. You had the top heavyweights of yesteryear like Hogan, Savage, Steiner, Sting, Lugar, and Flair. You had fellows that could really work the mike and tell stories...and then you had the NWO invasion angle. Simply the best storyline wrestling had ever seen.

Compare that to the WWE today. All it is is mike work. If you can work a mike then your a star. It doesn't really matter if you understand ring psycology or not (it does help). All that matters is that you can get the crowed to call Lita a ho ( ) and you can do sophmoric actions with a strait face. No real wrestling is needed. But that's ok. There's no real wrestilng left in WWE. Match times are ridiculously short and have become second place in their programming anyways. It's sad when your luck to get 40 minutes of actual wresting in a 2 hour broadcast.

TNA has the opposite problem. They have somehow gotten it in their head that backflips and sick bumps constitute wrestling skill. Yes, they have some real talents in the ring, but their entire X division regulars survive off of acrobatic techniques and NOT wrestling.

The art of ring psychology has nearly been lost. Old legends refuse to pass it onto the younger generation. See, they don't want to lose their 'spot' to the younger guys. How do you keep your spot? You don't give your trade secrets to ANYBODY. So, instead of great wresting that is believable we get the watered down 'it's fake anyways' stuff of today.

Don't get me wrong. I never want to go back to the days of Dino Bravo / Hacksaw Jim Duggon main events. Wrestling has improved in it's weekly matchups 100 fold. The idea of the old days of 'enhancement talent' are dead and deserve to be so. But there are some things in the past that should be kept. And ring psychology is the biggest. Wrestling must make sense if it's to be more then just gymnastics. And working a mike is not what the pre-reqresit skill for being a superstar should be.

My opinion only but I've been watching this sport long before it became sports entertainment. Vinnie Mac has single handedly dragged the entire industry through the mud (though to be fair ECW gave him the idea - they just made sure to have quality wresting along with the mud) and it's never improved. He may wan t you to think that WWE is the only style of wrestling that fans want but that's not true. Back in the monday night wars the entire wrestling audience was twice as large as it is now. So, the question is...what happened to half the audience? Beleive it or not, when WCW went under (ok acutally begain sucking) they took half the audience with them. That half the audience wanted pure wrestling with ring psychology more then "Maria the Mic Stand" (women eye candy) and a 30 minute promo with the Rock and Stone Cold.

Again, I totally disagree with you about Mic work being half of wresting. There is a proper place for mic work, I'll give you that, but it should not be at the expense of greatly talented wrestlers who can't work the mic. If the wrestling was great but the mic work sucks does that mean the wrestling/wrestler sucks anyways? If that was true then the Undertaker would have been forced out of the business long before he was the undertaker. He was the most uncharismatic spaz in the roster. But he could wrestle and he could do things for a big man that blew people's minds! That's what got him noticed. The WWF correctly teamed him with Percy Pringle (Paul Bearer for those that have never seen his work outside the WWE) until he learned proper mic skills.

Again, wrestling is about in ring action and the proper psychology that suspends your disbelief. If you can't do that then it's bad wrestling no matter what your mic skills are.

Just my opinion of course but that's how many of us old timers feel.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast