+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 Elite

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Xbox 360 Elite

It's funny that this is already a subject matter, because, I was gonna start this big 360 hype, LOL. Now, on to business:

I'm excited about the new 360! I think that a 120 gig hard drive would be the shiznit!!! I mean, yeah, Sony had Microsoft beat with thier 60 gig hard drive--compared to 20 gigs, that's alot. But, you have to consider that game demos, and file saves supposedly take up mad space on either hard drive. And, to make things even better for Microsoft, the price isn't that much greater than the origional release price for the first version of X-Box 360.

PLUS, you have to look at it on a mathematical scale... For every PS3 sold, Sony loses about 400-500 bucks--production costs for the PS3 runs at about $1,000-$1,200 for each console made. Microsoft, on the other hand, makes nothin' but profit. So, I think that the new 360 is a MAJOR improvement. Although, if you already have a 360, keep the one you have; there's no point in getting a new one. You COULD get yourself the new hard drive, or just get a portable one.

And whoever said that a black 360 is hersey is trippin'! The first X-Box ever made was BLACK!!! I thought making the 360 white was stupid in the first place!

To summarize my long windedness, the new 360 is the shiznit!!!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    PLUS, you have to look at it on a mathematical scale... For every PS3 sold, Sony loses about 400-500 bucks--production costs for the PS3 runs at about $1,000-$1,200 for each console made. Microsoft, on the other hand, makes nothin' but profit. So, I think that the new 360 is a MAJOR improvement. Although, if you already have a 360, keep the one you have; there's no point in getting a new one. You COULD get yourself the new hard drive, or just get a portable one.
    Can you provide a single link from SONY that says they are losing that kind of money for every PS3 sold? I havn't seen a single statement from SONY that says they are losing that much. I havnt' seen a single statement that says they are losing ANYTHING on the sale of a PS3. The only thing they said is that the production cost of the PS3 would cause a loss in 2006, and they expected it to be offset by sales in 2007. Which is totally expected considering they only had 1 1/2 months to sell PS3's in 2006. I'd really be intrested in your source that says it's costs them that much....considering Sony makes most of the parts themselves and the few parts that arn't they have partnered on. There is no way that Sony would lose 400 - 600 per unit. No compnay (Sony and MS included) that could absorb those kinds of losses for long. Sony may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them.

Second? Where's a link that says MS makes nothing but profit? I thought conventional wisdom states that all console makers loose money on consoles (which I personally don't believe).

Look, I'm not an Xbox 360 fan but even I can see that

A. This is a good move on the part of MS
    B. Even MS will not sale consoles for a loss UNLESS they really feel that they can make it up on software sales. Considering the difficulty the Xbox had outside of the US, I don't see them selling for a loss.

This is true for SONY as well as Nintendo. They are there to make money. You don't make money by taking a $400 - 600 loss on every system sold. Then again this is the company who spent 2 Billion on R&D so I'm sure they know what they are doing either way.

Now...back on subject. The larger the HDD the better. atomik_sprout is spot on with his comments about demo downloads and such. I have a friend with the 60gig model PS3 and he's already taxing the HDD space. Personally, I'm planning on getting a Larger HD for mine when I eventually get one. Large HDD's sell systems. The more the HDD holds the better.

Edit:

To be totally fair I just read an article by Sony's new president (and he's not even Japanese) that IF the PS3 will fail the price will be it's downfall. He didn't mention cost to create at all...just that Sony has positioned the PS3 to be the mercadies of consoles are are looking for a technologically advanced market that sees that the PS3 can become whatever you want it to be (which is the market i'm in, btw). I can't disagree with those comments. But as long as I get FF for PS3 I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Barronmore; Mar 21, 2007 at 09:42 AM.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Barronmore, it's not true that consoles are sold with astronomical losses like that. That just isn't possible (well, perhaps Microsoft could do it but that's it). Electronic apparatuses become cheaper to manufacture over time, so even when they sell a console with a slight loss it doesn't take long before that's reversed.
    An example of selling under the manufacturing price was the original Xbox, the Xbox sold with a loss from the beginning to the end. This was mainly caused by the included hard drive.

About the PS3: according to annalists at iSuppli the PS3 was sold with a staggering loss at the start of its career. The problem with this analysis is that only iSuppli made one. And one source isn't really much to go on...

Sony taking big hit on each PS3 sold; Xbox 360 in the black
    The Utility Belt: Sony's loss is at least $240 on every PS3

However, it IS true that most of the income comes from selling games and peripherals. The insane price of the hard drives for the 360 are a good example of that.

Otaku DJjorgen may be famous one day DJjorgen may be famous one day
    Thanks

actually both sony and microsoft lose money for selling their consoles

only nintendo makes profit on the wii itself

its always been like that sony and mircosoft want to make profit on the games itself , and have always lost money selling their hardware
    except for nintendo who manages to make profit on their hardware to

thanks a mill Naruto1988 for the sig

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJjorgen View Post
    actually both sony and microsoft lose money for selling their consoles

only nintendo makes profit on the wii itself

its always been like that sony and mircosoft want to make profit on the games itself , and have always lost money selling their hardware
    except for nintendo who manages to make profit on their hardware to
    Proof?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Can you provide a single link from SONY that says they are losing that kind of money for every PS3 sold? I havn't seen a single statement from SONY that says they are losing that much. I havnt' seen a single statement that says they are losing ANYTHING on the sale of a PS3. The only thing they said is that the production cost of the PS3 would cause a loss in 2006, and they expected it to be offset by sales in 2007. Which is totally expected considering they only had 1 1/2 months to sell PS3's in 2006. I'd really be intrested in your source that says it's costs them that much....considering Sony makes most of the parts themselves and the few parts that arn't they have partnered on. There is no way that Sony would lose 400 - 600 per unit. No compnay (Sony and MS included) that could absorb those kinds of losses for long. Sony may be a lot of things but stupid is not one of them.

Second? Where's a link that says MS makes nothing but profit? I thought conventional wisdom states that all console makers loose money on consoles (which I personally don't believe).

Look, I'm not an Xbox 360 fan but even I can see that

A. This is a good move on the part of MS
    B. Even MS will not sale consoles for a loss UNLESS they really feel that they can make it up on software sales. Considering the difficulty the Xbox had outside of the US, I don't see them selling for a loss.

This is true for SONY as well as Nintendo. They are there to make money. You don't make money by taking a $400 - 600 loss on every system sold. Then again this is the company who spent 2 Billion on R&D so I'm sure they know what they are doing either way.

Now...back on subject. The larger the HDD the better. atomik_sprout is spot on with his comments about demo downloads and such. I have a friend with the 60gig model PS3 and he's already taxing the HDD space. Personally, I'm planning on getting a Larger HD for mine when I eventually get one. Large HDD's sell systems. The more the HDD holds the better.

Edit:

To be totally fair I just read an article by Sony's new president (and he's not even Japanese) that IF the PS3 will fail the price will be it's downfall. He didn't mention cost to create at all...just that Sony has positioned the PS3 to be the mercadies of consoles are are looking for a technologically advanced market that sees that the PS3 can become whatever you want it to be (which is the market i'm in, btw). I can't disagree with those comments. But as long as I get FF for PS3 I'll be happy.
    Dude! Read a Game Informer! I think it would be this January's issue. GI don't lie.

Otaku DJjorgen may be famous one day DJjorgen may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Proof?
    Factoring in costs for the hard disk, the DVD drive, enclosures, the Radio Frequency (RF) receiver board, power supply, wireless controller, cables, literature, and packaging – the total BOM cost for the Xbox 360 Premium reaches $525, well above the retail price of $399.

X-bit labs - Hardware news - Xbox 360 Premium Costs $525 to Manufacture – iSuppli. the link for the full artical

"We will make a profit on the entire Wii proposition out of the box--hardware and software," Fils-Aime told Reuters. "That really is a very different philosophy versus our competitors. We are a company that competes only in the interactive entertainment space, so we have to make a profit on everything we do."

Reggie: Wii makes $$$ immediately - News at GameSpot link for the wii
    though i couldnt find how much profit they make right away

but do some searching and you'll find it somewhere

thanks a mill Naruto1988 for the sig

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

wow thats pretty neat...
    Im more of a pc gamer, the only console i have is a good ol atari... not a big fan of consoles...
    but if I was to buy a console I was thinking of buying a 360... seems to be better than the rest... theres not too much info on the black xbox.. so I dunno... besides the 200 hard drive... I would get one... looks really cool
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast