+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XenoSaga episode IV?

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

XenoSaga episode IV?

you think its posible after the release of episode 3 that Namco will continue with the saga? I hope they continue its a shame to see such a good game go after they finaly got the battle system worked out like it should of been.

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: XenoSaga episode IV?

Dear god! ANOTHER ONE?! I haven't even gotten past the first one yet ;_; I only have Episode I & II right now. Ep II is still in the plastic wrap for pete sakes *laughs* Ive seen Ep III on the shelves but I didnt know the series was popular enough to make a fourth one. I may be wrong I guess
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

from what i understand it's just supposed to be a trilogy. i still have to beat two, i can't beat that one chick with the "gunblade" thingy on the fortress between the black holes.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

They originally planned 6 titles, but because of very poor sales, a very dissapointing part 2, and the fact that ps3 came a bit earlier than they expected, they reduced it to three parts.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

they were orriginally planning 6? thats news to me... i heard that 4 got crammed into 3 due to the PS3 but.... 6?!?!

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    they were orriginally planning 6? thats news to me... i heard that 4 got crammed into 3 due to the PS3 but.... 6?!?!
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gameaxis
    The End Of An Era
    It's finally over. It may not have been for everyone, but the Xenosaga series has now ended, albeit prematurely since it was originally envisioned as a 6 part series, spanning multiple consoles. But the lack of Final Fantasy-like profits combined with the departure of key staff who originally conceptualized the series has brought the game to end. But regardless of the circumstances, there's no denying that even in this truncated form, the Xenosaga series is the most ambitious RPG story ever told on a console, with deep themes, complex characters, some astounding cutscenes and a labyrinthine plot.

With Xenosaga III, gamers who have been faithfully following the tale will finally get some closure. Wilhelm, the Testaments, Nephilim, the mystery of chaos and secret of KOS MOS are clashing head on in this finale, and while the game occasionally suffers as a result of the avalanche of plot, the experience itself is like the close of an anticipated trilogy of films or novels.
    Gameaxis Xeonsaga Coverage

Which is why all questions were inevitably answered in part 3, either through cutscenes or reading info.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

O[]O!? Xenosaga ep.4!!? Thought that they concluded the series at ep.3?

I know that it was "SUPPOSED" to be 6 volumes but for whatever reason that I cant remember they wrapped it up at ep.3.

..not that I'd mind them continuing with the series, they were actually going somewhere with it and it was actually getting good. ^^
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Thanks

The only other Xenosaga game out there is a compilation/fan title called "Xenosaga Freaks", but it was only released in Japan.

IGN: Xenosaga Freaks

I know that it was "SUPPOSED" to be 6 volumes but for whatever reason that I cant remember they wrapped it up at ep.3.
    To sum up what I quotted above, they wrapped it up becuase of money loss over a bad sales profit.

Money can kill a series just as much as it can create one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast