+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yesterday And Today's Games

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Yesterday And Today's Games

OK to start of theres been some REALLY CRAPPY games made over the year and theres been some games like you think it was so good they should have another one come out.

But nontheless my favorite games i played are mostly rpgs. such as final fantasy. wrestling and racing is probably the only sports game i play.other games i like to play are things like killing games like prototype, halo and gta. Game developers like square Enix (sorry if spelled wrong) never seize to amaze me with thier final fantasy games. the graphic are out of this world. Even the cut scenes look realistic.

So tell me about the games you played and the ones you still or do play. old or new it doesn't you can even talk about game systems and upcoming games. also talk about games that disapponited you like Smackdown vs Raw 2009.HUGE disappointment

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Yesterday And Todays games

I still play:
    Super Mariokart on Nintendo 64
    Jetforce Gemini on Nintendo 64 - something about a dog with a deadly weapon strapped across it's back chasing after you is very appealing

Syphon Filter for PS2- - if I ignore the graphics and the fact that they don't stand up to most games coming out nowadays, it's still pretty darn good.

MGS 2 - of the series this was the only one that took me forever to get through. It took me several weeks to get past stage 1. I wanted to be able to get to the elevator undetected. It's doable. But then once you're in the elevator and until those doors close, there will be plenty of bullets flying at you. And then stage 2 with the vent shaft (whatever that thing was) it took me forever (FOR EVER) to find it.

I've been playing BloodRayne for years and I don't think I'll ever stop. I have no idea why. I usually hate the game unless I'm playing with people part of my clan. Outside of talking with them, I would have no need for the game.

Tekken Tag Team Tournament. I love everything about the Tekken franchis. Even Tekken 1 where the graphics and controls were so crappy, trying to find a strand of hair in a needle stak would've been a better use of time. But as they continued on with the game, from Tekken 1 to the lastest ones, the graphics became so much better, the combos so much more interesting.
    It's gotten to the point where I play the game so much I can take time to analyze critique and complain about some of the characters. Like the giant freaking panda. Or Ed with his boxing. I dislike both characters so much my blood pressure is rising thinking about it.

Guitar Hero - I'm not a big fan of the game for some reason. No idea why. And none of my friends know either. The only reason I do play is because it's something to do with me and a few friends. Apparently, monopoly, poker, and spades are no longer as appealing as they once were. (I think I need to get better friends)

DDR - If I were stuck on an island and could take 10 games with me, this would be the first one I chose. As much as I hate sweating like a hamster on a wheel, this game is pretty damn addictive and the music is great.

Need for Speed - I like racing games. I love buying parts for my car I love winning. This is perfect for me.

Halo 2 - this is perfect for LAN parties and of all the games I play with friends, coworkers, whoever, this is the one where I can kill you and still drink with you when it's all over.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas - I get to live my life as a career criminal, kill people, get cool stuff for my actions as opposed to a pretty hefty sentence in jail, steal drugs from a druglord (without having the whole mob) come after and actually kill me, and do tons of other equally stimulating things to get my adrenaline pumping and still live to tell about it later.

Heavenly Sword - I love this game. Something about a chick with a sword, killer moves, and a pretty nice figure does something for me.

I can play some of the Lara Croft games but they . . . don't really pique my interest for some reason.

That Spider-man vid game that came out a ton of years ago for the PS2 I'll still play once in a blue moon.

I bought Mirror's Edge a few months ago but haven't had a chance to play it yet. But everytime I look at the package it came in I get really exicted

I have mixed feelings about all of the Final Fantasy games. . . . .
    But I really liked final fantasy 6 (or whichever one was the one where you had this giant squid like creature) . . .

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

While I am still a huge final fantasy fan, and will continue to be one, I have to say that Bioware makes much better RPGs at the moment.

Mass Effect is their crowning jewel. The game has so many facets, so many different ways of playing it, and can be sadistically fun at times.

Yes, Final Fantasy may have great stories, but you're stuck playing a linear character in a set story that you cannot deviate from.

Pretty much every Final Fantasy has been like that, with some minor examples where choices you make effect small aspects of the story.

Mass Effect gives you choices like who lives or who dies, who you fall in love with, and all those choices, whether they be Paragon or Renegade in nature, effect the entire story, and will effect the story of all future mass effect games, since your choices in the first game effect the world of the second, and the third (Mass Effect is a planned trilogy).

Example: In Mass Effect 1, you're given the choice of saving the life of one of two people, characters that have been integral to the story so far. The one who dies won't be in the next game. When they're dead, they're dead for good.

Final Fantasy XIII and XIV will be good games, I'm not going to say that they won't, but a Good Story and amazing cinematics does not a GREAT game make. Not when the level set by Bioware is so high.

Role Playing games as we know them have changed, lets hope Square ENIX can step up to the plate.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 21, 2009 at 12:10 AM.

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Bioware makes rpgs!? i really didn't know that. so what kinf do they make?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkninja View Post
    Bioware makes rpgs!? i really didn't know that. so what kinf do they make?
    What?
    They're the most famous RPG makers of the West. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, KotOR, Mass Effect, ...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Yesterday And Today's Games

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And speaking of Bioware, MSNBC has posted a video clip of tomorrow's MMRPG game...

Tech Watch
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree that games in this decade are a bit lacking. Every game I go back to play was made in the 90s or early 00s. Today's games just seem really bad and more about visuals then the story and all that.
    I play ZPC, Dark Forces, Jedi Knight, Crusader.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

super robot wars and g generation games. super robot wars games and final fantasy games both came in the same era.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast