+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your Anime Wish-List

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Your Anime Wish-List

You have the amazing opportunity to take over the entire Japanese animation studio of your choice for 3 months and command them to do just about anything you want. The catch: the writers all hate you and quit as soon as you arrived... luckily you have an unlimited budget to buy adaptation rights!

You can adapt video games, books, films, tv series', etc. But you can't make any original series or remake/create sequels to other anime. You MUST adapt something from another medium.

What would you adapt and why? (optional: what studio are you hijacking to make it for you?) You can post up to three but must include REASONS for each.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Anime Wish-List

Hmmm…interesting thread…Well lets see if my understanding is in line:

Well let me say this, I would take over Gonzo, anyone that has seen Last Exile or Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo will know why. They have a talent for making very beautiful series and overall (minus a few bad series I can think of) are a good production studio. As far as what I would adapt (also assumes three from each grouping is acceptable )…

From video games I would pick
    1. Assassin’s Creed, I live action series that can have deep twisting plots and the medieval ages is one of my favorite time frames. This would be an awesome game to adapt, even if the story in the game maybe lacking.
    2. Shadow of the Colossus, this game was really fun but left out so much of the story (which you wanted to know)…with no sequel that I know of in sight I would like to see this turned into a series and expanded upon.
    3. Metal Gear, who doesn’t love this series of games? Pick any one of them and you will have more DVD pressings then you can handle.

From Books/Literary works:
    1. The Man in the Iron Mask, well I am a big Alexandre Dumas fan (the guy who wrote The Count of Monte Cristo) so I would say this book of his would also do well as a series. Deep plot and numerous twists coupled with loads of action and supense.
    2. The Black Tulip, yes another Alexandre Dumas book but this one is more like Le Chevalier D'Eon in the since it is about a brutal murder and has a deep love story. A little short compared to his other works but it is also very different in nature.
    3. Odyssey, yes a POEM! But this poem is far more like a novel then most poems or novels ever could be…If you have read or studied the Odyssey then you will know why I picked it. Greek mythology at it’s finest.

From Production stuff (movies/tv series)
    1. X-Files, I am watching Mushi-shi and that is the closest thing to the X-files in an anime adaptation I have seen, given how great Mushi-shi is….this series is a no brainer.
    2. Casablanca, a classic in every since of the word. It would be nice to see a fresh adaptation on this masterpiece. It has everything one could want in it from a plot stand point and then there is the romantic aspects for all you ladies out there
    3. The Godfather, yes mafia action at it’s finest…Gungrave is the only really good mafia anime I can think of (and it is vastly under rated IMO) so this would be a great work to turn into an anime.

So there you have it my picks

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Ohhhh, interesting...I guess I'd go with GAINAX, who doesnt appreciate all the work they've done? (I'd gone with KyoAni too but...GAINAX has a good history. Xd) Numerous titles from GAINAX has become "anime legends". XD As for adaptations...

Video Games
    -The Tales of **** : Sure, Phantasia and Symphonia has been animated but what about the rest? I'm sure that Abyss would be a big hit as an anime. They already have a great plot and character designs to start with so...
    -Wild ARMs: Another RPG series that I enjoy following close to the FF series. Another great set of games with a great Storyline and characters to work with.
    -Guilty Gear: There is a back story to the games but it never goes into depth, I think that if it was to be adapted than it'd catch a pretty good amount of audiences. The series offer a variety of unique characters.

Books, Literatures
    -hmmm, sadly I only read manga and related light novels. All of which is already adapted into an anime. Xd *goes to check for titles that arent*

Production stuff
    -Uuuhhh, out of all the TV shows I watch in the US I guess the only one that can be adapted to an anime is "Law & Order"? Give it a slight twist and it'll be an intriguing mystery anime like Conan and Kindaichi. Xd
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Nov 17, 2007 at 10:31 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    1. Assassin’s Creed, I live action series that can have deep twisting plots and the medieval ages is one of my favorite time frames. This would be an awesome game to adapt, even if the story in the game maybe lacking.
    Dang, I was about to say that... Uh, let's see... I'm a bit imagination-deprived right now, but...

Video games—
    • Halo franchise
    • Resident Evil— Specifically Resident Evil 4, or Umbrella Chronicles. Zombies are awesome,a dn the plot is, well... interesting in its own unique way.
    • Sly Cooper— Thievin' raccoons are always cool! I'd like to see what plots and adventures he'd be up to.
    • BioShock— maybe an OVA or two? not sure how it'd work, but... The plot would be awesome though. And the water effects better be top-notch.
    • Ratchet & Clank— Maybe something about Deadlocked? Episodes of Ratchet's struggle towards freedom... With ltos of explosions in robots turning in penguins and stuff.
    • Spyro— a spin-off from the original trilogy. I just fell in love with the original game... I'd like to see this as an epilogue to the second game.
    • Teikoku Sensenki— Boys Love... Make two versions, child-friendly and one with pure hardcore smut. That stuff is always nice... I liked the plot, and fell in LOVE with the music.
    Books—
    • The Boy in the Striped Pajamas— Touching story of the Holocaust. of course it has to be made into an anime.
    • Under Ground/Grand Hotel —I actually have no idea what the story was about (read the raws), but it seemed interesting.
    Other Media—
    • V for Vendetta— The movie was awesome. The comic book... I've forgotten most of it, but I recall ti being awesome. Touched upon many issues...
    Last edited by abby724; Nov 18, 2007 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Grammar fixation, reaons on why I'd like these made into shows...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    for titles that arent*
    Production stuff
    -Uuuhhh, out of all the TV shows I watch in the US I guess the only one that can be adapted to an anime is "Law & Order"? Give it a slight twist and it'll be an intriguing mystery anime like Conan and Kindaichi. Xd
    OMG~! Shinku that's perfect! oh my goodness, that would rock! (i love... wait i forgot which one, but it's on UPN or whatever they call that channel now)

okie dokie, my list:

Games de Video

-Cooking Mama: she could change the world through the love of cooking! and her death at the end (oops! spoiler!) would lead a cultural revoultion in Japan... then the world!

-Tenchu: we need more ninja anime... more GOOD ninja anime!

-Touch Dectective: who wouldn't love a cute mystery anime? with slightly gothic undertones and style? and that little pen!$/mushroom thing could be the comic releif! yeah!

Libros de Novel

-The Fox Woman (is that the name?): really interesting story about a fox who falls in love with a human man in a disfunctional marriage! with all the mystisism and dreamy-ness of ancient Japan! i think it would make at least a bad/good artsy anime...

-I am America (And So Can You!): funny book=awful(ly) funny anime!

Telemundo

-the Olympics: so all the boring stuff will be inspirational?

-any reality show: yeah! let's see otakus be NORMAL a**holes!!!

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

well this's a real good thread .. ok for me i would take "Lantis" or/and maybe Gainax ..
    From video games :
    1- Heroes of Might and Magic series ,because the world of it is the perfect world that i would dream of having in an anime .. i mean there's every possible mythical creature in there and millions of plots can be made of.
    2- Warcraft series (especially Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne) ,the character developments and the story and most important their different races can come up with every amazing thing after another.
    3- Devil May Cry series .. i know it is already done but if i'm to do it ,i would've made character personalities closer to the ones in the games plus i would show characters and things that they didn't like Vergil for God sake or at the very least the demon form of Dante's.
    From Production things or stuff :
    1- The Godfather ... is there any need to explain ... all the gangs and stuff would make always good shows.
    2- The Prestige is a master piece production with a cunning dark plots that can be made of.
    3- Ghost Rider the original movie is crap but the characters can involve in more complicated and situation ... perfect for an anime.
    Books :
    i haven't read much books that i can't really tell ... but that's what i came with for now.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

I'll hi-jack Kyoto-studios (since I like their art) to help me adapt:
    1. GTA
    2. Gunz online
    3. Ragnarok (the one I saw have disappointed me in terms of art and story)
    4. Powerpuff girls, Grim Tales and those classics . . .

For now, I've ran out of ideas......

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alex1_phang3 View Post
    I'll hi-jack Kyoto-studios (since I like their art) to help me adapt:
    1. GTA
    2. Gunz online
    3. Ragnarok (the one I saw have disappointed me in terms of art and story)
    4. Powerpuff girls, Grim Tales and those classics . . .

For now, I've ran out of ideas......
    Incase if you didnt know theres already an Japanese adaptation of the Powerpuff Girls.

Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    YouTube - Demashitaa Powerpuff Girls Z Opening
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

+ Reply to Thread