+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Childhood Cartoon

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Childhood Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    well for me i had sailor moon and digimon >_< and pokemon too lol
    and all my disney so i must of have a fav lol i had too may but im still a kid there be more to come
    I've watched digimon a couple of times and I thought it was ok. As for Pokemon I loved ash when it first came out and I was 9 I wished that it was real because I had a crush on Ash. Yeah now you guys know a secret about me.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...this brings back some memories.

I've always loved animation. It's really hard to nail down a definite favorite cartoon, considering so many great ones have influenced what I watch today.

The earliest I remember that still has an impact on me to day is one that I have NO ClUE what the name is. It was around the whole gobot/transformer days (and yes, I watched both religiously) but it was about 5 robots who saved the universe (no, it's not voltron). It was called "Paranoids" or something like that. I just remember I would wake up at 6am every Saturday morning to watch it.

There were also the classics like "Thundar the Barbarian" and "Goltar and the Golden Lance". I watched Thundar as often as I could and totally loved it. I know I watched Goltar but I don't remember anything about it. I finally caught a single episode on cartoon network last year and it was as good as ever. Oh, and "Dungeon's and Dragons"...who could forget that. And thanks to Jetix, I can watch it every weekend.

Then ofcourse there are the 'golden age' cartoons of '85 that I couldn't get enough of. Ofcourse there were the great classics like Voltron, Gobots, Transfomers, Galaxy Rangers, Thundercats, Mask, Heman, Shera, Captain N, Kidd Video (Arrianna reminded me of that one) and Bravestarr (Arrianna's Personal favorite). But the big two that really shaped my enjoyment of animation in all forms are Robotech and GI Joe.

I would say that robotech had the biggest impact on me. I watched ever single episode faithfully. Unfortunatly, I missed the bus a few times because it came in the last 5 minutes of the show (I wasn't the only one who did) but my mom was understanding and drove me there after we (yes, she watched it too) were done watching. One of the most traumatic experiences of my childhood was when we went to visit my uncle for the last week of Robotech and I never got to see the end of the series. It totally devastated me. I spend the next 15 years trying to find any rebroadcasts of Robotech to see the ending. I finally just bought the entire series a few years ago and finally brought peace to my childhood. It was worth it.

GI Joe on the other hand was a huge deal for me. I didn't realize it until years later when we got the entire series on VHS, but i had seen every episode multiple times in my childhood. I KNEW everything GI Joe and had most the action figures. I never did get a terradrome like I wanted but who had $50 bucks back in '86 to waste on a big plastic toy that took up most of your room! It was a common intrest in GI Joe that got Arrianna and I together. We were introduced by a common friend when Arrianna and him started a GI Joe RPG campaign and needed some questions about the time line answered. I even watched the DIC episodes faithfully.

So, yes. GI JOE and Robotech are the two biggest for me. I could not decide between the two if anyone honestly asked.

After the golden age of course we only had crap left on TV. But that didn't keep me from watching. There was COPS, Peter Pan and the Pirates, Pirates of Dark Water (the only really great show to come out of the 90's), Biker Mice from Mars, Captain Planet (OH....why did I ever watch this trash -- oh wait, there was nothing else on) and Batman the Animated Series (top notch stuff there). There was some good stuff in the 90's but most of it was not really the quality stuff you got out of the 80's.

I'm still watching great cartoons now that I have kids. Great stuff like "Starship Troopers - Roughneck Chronicles", Monster Rancher, ZOIDS, and Kim Possible. I guess there's good stuff in every generation...and I don't mind watching them all.

And people say kids in the 80's/90's grew up watching to much television....

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    After the golden age of course we only had crap left on TV. But that didn't keep me from watching. There was COPS, Peter Pan and the Pirates, Pirates of Dark Water (the only really great show to come out of the 90's), Biker Mice from Mars, Captain Planet (OH....why did I ever watch this trash -- oh wait, there was nothing else on) and Batman the Animated Series (top notch stuff there). There was some good stuff in the 90's but most of it was not really the quality stuff you got out of the 80's.

OMG Barronmore I loved Captain Planet when I was little. I don't know I guess it was because they were always trying to save the planet from something. As for Batman I would sit up with my dad in the mornings and watch it. Then when it came on at night me and my step mom would sit up and watch it together it was like a family bonding time.

Newbie Miss.Bun Bun is off to a good start Miss.Bun Bun's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm i use to watch scooby doo and this other weird show that i could never figure out what was wrong with that weird duck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miss.Bun Bun View Post
    Hmm i use to watch scooby doo and this other weird show that i could never figure out what was wrong with that weird duck
    You just reminded me of Dark Wing Duck. That was the best cartoon in the world that one topped every other cartoon for me. I loved how his daughter always kept her room messy and he was always telling her to clean it up.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, how could I forget Darkwing Duck and Ducktails...or Gummie Bears for that matter. And Tail Spin, can't forget Tail Spin.

We'll do our best to forget Smurfs.....

Are we there yet!?

Gosh, I'm pitiful...

And no, I never did get into Captain Planet. I watched it when there was NOTHING on but I just never really got into it.

Speaking of Captains...there's always "Captain Future". Anyone remember that one?

Thanks

I'm finding that I have not mentioned alot of what I like and it's showing. I loved the care bears when I was younger too. As for the smurfs they Rocked...I loved watching them late at night when I lived at my dads.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Barronmore View Post
    Oh, how could I forget Darkwing Duck and Ducktails...or Gummie Bears for that matter. And Tail Spin, can't forget Tail Spin.
    o ya tail spin in never miss a show when it was on i loved the biginng song for it,man talking about old shows that i used to watch makes me wanna see them again.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast