+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: your old school consoles...how do you deal with them?

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

your old school consoles...how do you deal with them?

i own quite a number of consoles and handhelds: famicom, snes, 3 gameboys(color, jumbo, and Sp), DS, a gamegear, gamecube, a ps1, a ps2, ps3 and a psp...of course nowadays, to keep up with modernity, the only ones that are still in use are the ps2/3/P, the GBA Sp, and the DS(yes the whole family are into games)...the others are kept in a drawer, they haven't been used for years and i dunno if they are still functioning...and i forgot to mention, that the cartridges and cds are quite old, so i also dunno if they still function properly...maybe i'm just lazy to try and see if they still work...i'm split between considerin' them as junk or memorabilias but i can't just stand to throw them away...i think the famicom is as old as me, the jumbo gameboy's sound doesn't work anymore as fas as i can remember, ps1 and gamecube are still pretty fresh, gamegear ended up as an expensive paperweight when i was a kid, snes smells like cockroach..

i know some of you out there are experiencing or have experienced going through this kind of situation...so what do you do with your time-forgotten gear? do u consider some of my stuff as junk and i should throw it away?

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: your old school consoles...how do you deal with them?

Sell it all back to Super Potato for enough money to buy a McDonald's value meal?

Keep the systems that are disc-based and lack backwards compatability.

The gameboys you can get rid of... since DS plays GBA and the others can easily be emulated. Gameboys make great gifts to younger relatives or children's charities. The Gamecube will be obselete when you get a Wii... unfortunately, it's equally worthless to everyone else for the same reason: again, donate it to a hospital or give it to some kids. PS1 is obselete because of PS2... you could get $10-20 for it... but chances are you're better off donating ALL of this stuff to a children's hospital so they can build a gameroom or giving it to younger kids in your family to turn them on to gaming.

There aren't Super Potatos in the US, so I guess you can't even get a value meal

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

I got consoles dating back to the 70s... The only ones I don't have are pretty much the Magnavox Odyssey, Atari Pong Home Console, Atari Jaguar, and some early home computers. I keep them all for the nostalgic value. It's convenient for me, but that's because I have an organized and big house. Whether you should throw them awya or not, I have no clue; it depends on how much extra space you have.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

All I can say is eBay! You could get more than you think for all that old junk as you call it, on eBay. I sold my friends old Xbox to someone that really needed it for $80 or $90 (can't remember) and I sold his old Nintendo for; I think, $50. So I got about $130 for just accepting my friends so called "junk" lol.

What I'm watching Right Now:

Newbie nickhoge is off to a good start nickhoge's Avatar
    Thanks

well, I didn't have thesame problem as you have, since you own quite a lot of consoles and games for it. The only thing I can say about it is that I owned a SNES and a PS1, I sold them both when I came to mind I wasn't using them anymore. I sold my SNES for the reason that I had the possibility to emulate them on my XBOX, so it was an opportunity for some extra cash in difficult days :P Playing SNES on the XBOX is really satisfying and I don't think I need the original to feel thesame thing...

Otaku SweetCandy is off to a good start
    Thanks

I own only two old game systems..A nintendo and a super nintendo..i only play them when I'm feelin in the mood to play old school stuff..lol and i still actually enjoy playin them..mario,zelda,kibuy,shoot duck,donkey kong...all those old games..these are classics now and we know there're still the best games to play..cuz ppl are still remakin them just in different ways..(ex-mario,zelda,,donkey kong..)

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

the same thing sucks equally with older games! like, i remember that i took Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (which i think is still the best in the series) to gamestop, and they where only going to give me ONE DOLLAR! and i seen on the racks, they where selling them for 24! THATS A 2300% PROFIT! WTF?

the best deal i got was five bucks. and consoles are just about as bad. nobody wants to buy them, cuz nobody will buy them from them. so you probably would be better off donating it to somewhere.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

I keep my vintage systems. I have a working NES with about 30 games which my parents bought 19 years ago. On ebay it can easily go for a few thousand dollars. Just because a system becomes obsolete doesn't mean there value will go down. If you keep them well stored to protect them from aging alot, down the line they are going to be worth alot. I think in 20 years an original gameboy will be worth enough to put a kid through college.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast