+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: your old school consoles...how do you deal with them?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: your old school consoles...how do you deal with them?

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I keep my vintage systems. I have a working NES with about 30 games which my parents bought 19 years ago. On ebay it can easily go for a few thousand dollars. Just because a system becomes obsolete doesn't mean there value will go down. If you keep them well stored to protect them from aging alot, down the line they are going to be worth alot. I think in 20 years an original gameboy will be worth enough to put a kid through college.
    ???? hell, i got ripped off!

i sold my NES (i needed money) and all 10 of my games and got 40 bucks! damn... it worked good, too.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

I would say keep them. I collect all of my old consoles. I still have my Atari 2600, NES, GBC, GBA, SNES, N64, PSONE, PS2, XBOX, GC. I love all of my old consoles. They hold memories for me that i don't want to get rid of. Besides I'm sure someday I'll have to sell them but maybe if I hold of long enough I can find someone who is obsessed with old school stuff and will give me loads for them(not really that likly I know but a guy can hope). Also places really won't buy them for much either. Nobody really appriciates the old stuff anymore all they want are their new fancy graphics.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Ah, the good old days when the most advance game you could play on TV involved a square bouncing across the screen, as both players tried to move white lines in the way to bounce it towards the other side...

Yes, we did have a console that played only Pong, hooking up to our old black & white TV. Had a lot of fun on that thing as a little kid.

Then we ended up with a Nintendo Entertainment System. For those younger generations out there, it's commonly known as a NES, Nintendo's first gaming console I know of. Damn, I still remember going to Retravision to buy it, marvelling at this miracle of technology. I could have sworn it was magic. Dad mastered Super Mario Brothers, going through the game several times with no problems, despite the speed up each time he passed the last stage & went back to the first. Then somehow we ended up with a second for some reason. both started playing up eventually, though I was the one with the miracle touch, getting them to work when nobody else could.

Then I got my own gaming system, the Gameboy. A grey, brick sized, hand held gaming console I'm actually looking at as I type. Still works perfectly too.

Over time, we also ended up getting a Nintendo N64 which my brother lost the games to (I had all the high score on Lylat Wars too, and almost took every path ), I brought myself a Xbox which still gets played, though mostly for music, finished off with our DS's. Funny thing about the DS's is, first I, the oldest, got myself a white one, then gave that to my sister, the youngest, when I got my black, then she passed it on to the other brother, the middle one, when she brought herself a dark blue one, not available in Australia.

And we still have every one, though the older ones may not work that well anymore. We still have every game except the ones my brother lost on us, all in good condition, though maybe a little dusty. And I plan to keep them around for a good while. Gotta show the anklebiters what it all started with.

And before anyone asks, I'm only 26. Console technology has come a looooooong way from that bouncing square...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by solking View Post
    I keep my vintage systems. I have a working NES with about 30 games which my parents bought 19 years ago. On ebay it can easily go for a few thousand dollars. Just because a system becomes obsolete doesn't mean there value will go down. If you keep them well stored to protect them from aging alot, down the line they are going to be worth alot. I think in 20 years an original gameboy will be worth enough to put a kid through college.
    Now thats what I'd like to hear.

The same goes for me as well. I still have a working NES (OK, its not perfect but it still works...I have trouble getting the games to read sometimes) and you cant really replace the sentimental values some of these games have. For instance: Duck Hunt. You cant mess with that game. Xd

I still have all my old systems in working order: Atari, NES, Sega Genesis, SNES, GB, GB Pocket, PS, N64, GB Color, GBA, GBA SP, Xbox, PS2, GC, and so on. (sure, there isnt much point in keeping the GB nor the PS anymore but y'know...)
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i had all the systems mentioned here except one which was the ps3
    i gave upon the consoles but i did find them fun , i went through
    3 NES , SNES, N64'S ,PS1'S, PS2'Swell you get the idea i never gave
    them the mandotory rest they needed becuase some of the games were
    so addictive.

if i had known then what i know now i would have used them properly...maybe
    but the old schoolconsoles are still pretty cool but i gave up on thme since i went
    through them like water through a faucet , the same can be said with pc's i have went
    through more of them thanmost anyone else on this site i bet , which has me wishing
    i had took better care of them so i wouldt have went through so many
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    I would say keep them. I collect all of my old consoles. I still have my Atari 2600, NES, GBC, GBA, SNES, N64, PSONE, PS2, XBOX, GC. I love all of my old consoles. They hold memories for me that i don't want to get rid of. Besides I'm sure someday I'll have to sell them but maybe if I hold of long enough I can find someone who is obsessed with old school stuff and will give me loads for them(not really that likly I know but a guy can hope). Also places really won't buy them for much either. Nobody really appriciates the old stuff anymore all they want are their new fancy graphics.
    That is exactly how i think about all my Old consoles...If i just try to get rid of i think i would lose half of my life...i keep then as old good memories..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2