+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Zone of the Enders...

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Zone of the Enders...

The mechs in this game I believe that they will never work. Personly I would love to see them but logic just doesn’t fit. What do you think?
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Otaku darkflames may be famous one day darkflames may be famous one day darkflames's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Zone of the Enders...

I would have to agree with you it really does not fit..

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

can you guys provide reasons and examples on why you think that? its makes for a much interesting post =p

personally i quite like the mecha designs. what do u mean that "the logic dosnt fit" ? are you saying that the design is not realistic? well considering its a sci fi console game, i dont see why you would want a "realistic" looking mech over something that looks cool ...

edit: doin some diggin, i found that the mecha designs were by Yoji Shinkawa, the same dude who designed characters for metal gear solid. dunno why ur complaining =p
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightboyz View Post
    The mechs in this game I believe that they will never work. Personly I would love to see them but logic just doesn’t fit. What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by darkflames View Post
    I would have to agree with you it really does not fit..
    I think you are both crazy...I see no difference in the mecha in this game/anime and those of Mobile Suit Gundam, Robotech/Macross, etc...

Zone of the enders:
    http://www.the-laser.com/ZOE_ART3.gif

Mobile Suit Gundam
    http://static.zoovy.com/img/beyondh/...ffff/11938main

Robotech/Macross
    http://www.justbecomplex.com/catalog...ZERO_VF_0S.jpg

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree.They could work and lok real.And one day meant be build but the system that runs on or the stuff made out of will be differnet.We have AIs now days already. All we need is a mad person to build the mechs and there we go.A new suit to use for the cycle of the endless human strugle for power
    Perfection is dull

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

The Orbital Frames are just really advanced mecha powered by a different energy source. The Gundams are usually nuclear-powered or powered by some other form of energy like solar energy, but the capabilities of Metatron is almost limitless. Metatron can be used as a fuel and as a metal that can be self-repairing. Basically, Orbital Frames are just more advanced than any of the Gundams ever made. They could work because of the amazing plot device called Metatron.

Look at Kojima's other work, the Metal Gear series. The Metal Gears featured in the series are more possible than the ones in Gundam. Using current technology, the idea of a bipedal tank is more than fantasy and science fiction. The Orbital Frames are a step up from that. If a Gundam is basically an interstellar humanoid space tank, then an Orbital Frame is an interstellar humanoid space jet.

But who really gives a frak? It's just a game. Video game mechanics doesn't have to make a sense. People can't lift two tons and wear armor that weigh over 500 pounds (Halo). People can't run around in a zombie-infested town and just not get infected no matter how many times you are bitten by a zombie or an infected creature (Resident Evil). A woman cannot transform into a giant yellow-orange metal ball (Metroid). An Italian cannot beat a giant demonic turtle and leap over giant sewage pipes in a single bound (Mario). It's a video game so don't think too much (or too little) about it and say that it "just can't work".
    Last edited by Innerhell; Oct 19, 2006 at 12:52 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

This reminds me of the 'what is sci fi' debate. Some seperate fantasy from sci fi. I'm actually suprised to see such a discussion on a site that chats about anime. Nobody should care as long as it looks cool. You can't actually say it's impossible, since not everything about science and physics is known.

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats not my point. Yes its ust a game thats cool im just saing is only if we find the alloy thats not within the element table and in reality, it woluden't work. Inerhell is right about the mecha and like I said im just saing.
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast