+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: the Legend of Korra what do you think

Newbie jfreak is off to a good start jfreak's Avatar
    Thanks

the Legend of Korra what do you think

I know that the Legend of Korra is not technically an anime from Japan but it still fits the bill. I would like to hear your thoughts on it as its own series and on how it holds up to the original (avatar the last air bender)?

Newbie Animez0r is off to a good start Animez0r's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: the Legend of Korra what do you think

I believe that the series Avatar: The Legend of Korra is lacking in some aspects which render it a complete mess. Its only worth can mostly be attributed to its title of being what succeeds Avatar: The Last Air Bender, which was a well received story.

Avatar: The Legend of Korra feels a bit stale to me because of what I perceive as a lack of imagination. An example of what I just mentioned can be seen in the part where Amon is forcing benders to surrender their powers; there could have been a scene added in which the effects of Amon's abilities were shown in some way, but that foolishly didn't happen. One other glaring issue that exists alongside the aforementioned "lack of imagination" is the audio team for the series which clearly isn't providing proper support for the various scenes. In some instances, some sounds which would signify different moods or reactions are totally missing, and in other instances the audio can bothersomely interfere with the dialogue.

Apart from the specific details about its production, the story seems to be one which is poorly represented by an unsuitable protagonist, Korra. Korra has few acceptable qualities; her one feature being a lack of prudence which allows for some possibilites for adapting the story. This one quality of impracticality isn't however enough to replace the others which her predecessor (Aang) held - compassion, wisdom, and more. As a female, Korra doesn't leave much of a likeable impression either, with many of her actions bringing about distaste.

With all of the issues which I've encountered expressed, I obviously conclude that this series isn't a worthy one for it to be compared with Avatar: The Last Air Bender. The story of Avatar: The Legend of Korra has room for improvement, with much of the character and plot development remaining unaddressed as of yet, but I cannot see the future of it as one which is very fruitful for serious viewers.
    Last edited by Animez0r; May 03, 2012 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for the input I agree that there still need to be a lot more character development and the plot needs to get better but I think that the series has a lot of hope and I will try to stay with it till the end.

Newbie AnimeTechno is off to a good start AnimeTechno's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it feels less of an adventure than the original.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTechno View Post
    I think it feels less of an adventure than the original.
    I couldn't agree more. That was an excellent observation.

Newbie AnimeTechno is off to a good start AnimeTechno's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Animez0r View Post
    I couldn't agree more. That was an excellent observation.
    Hopefully something forces them on run away from all they know or something to that similar effect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeTechno View Post
    Hopefully something forces them on run away from all they know or something to that similar effect.
    I believe that I withheld making that comment myself because of what I stated earlier: "much of the character and plot development remaining unaddressed as of yet". I'm having difficulty conjuring many scenarios which would cause this to occur however because of Amon's character. One event which could cause what you're speaking of that I thought of is Amon somehow seizing control of Republic City; if this were to happen, a journey like that in Avatar: The Last Airbender could be the result.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Animez0r View Post
    I believe that I withheld making that comment myself because of what I stated earlier: "much of the character and plot development remaining unaddressed as of yet". I'm having difficulty conjuring many scenarios which would cause this to occur however because of Amon's character. One event which could cause what you're speaking of that I thought of is Amon somehow seizing control of Republic City; if this were to happen, a journey like that in Avatar: The Last Airbender could be the result.
    But I doubt the writes would do that plus the series is more of an action comedy then an action-adventure

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast