+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can Tsunade be defeated?

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Can Tsunade be defeated?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenseye View Post
    I don't see any viable offense she could employ against him, honestly. She'll never get close before he has her in any number of terrible situations she can't escape. She may not be a pushover, but Itachi winning is a certainty, hence "concrete."
    Maybe I should be more straightforward and flat out say I think there's a very very small chance Tsunade could win which opens up so many possibilities as far as my many delusions are concerned.

She'd beat Jiraiya the same way Sakura beats Naruto constantly, but she's nowhere near as effective in a battle.

And this leads us to one of the more problematic things in the series a side from the fact that it's unnecessarily lengthy.
    Of all the female characters in Naruto there are about 7 that appear (or have appeared or will appear) that are just as capable of defending themselves and the lives of others as any of the more prominent male characters.

In no particular order:
    Sakura
    Tsunade
    Elder Chiyo
    Temari
    Anko
    Konan

Out of all the female characters that are part of the series only a handful of them actually measure up and scream: why don't you pick on somebody your own size

I bring this up because you compared Sakura beating the crap out of Naruto to Tsunade beating the crap out of Jiraiya.
    And again the same image goes through my mind. Sakura should not be able to just completely annihilate Tsunade. And at this stage of the game, she definitely could. I can imagine how it would play out and right before Sakura punches her head off, my imagination just sputtters to a stop and by some miracle Tsunade just pulls off an impossible win.

And I mention Anko in my previous list because the girl seemed to at one point possess a lot of potential and do great things. or at least that's what I convince myself since Orochimaru at one point wanted her.
    Elder Chiyo is perhaps one of the greatest female ninja ever to appear in the series. her battle against Sasori, set a new pace for women in the series to be able to handle themselves.
    During the Chuunin exams, Temari was one of maybe 5 females, and the only one to advance to the final round. In any episode she's appeared in, she was a picture of grace, dominance, and perfection in all things she did. I hold her in such high regard mostly because Tenten was trained by Gai (the Taijutsu Master) and nothing she used did a single thing. Your entire time at the academy spent training to develop various techniques, and your opponent stands there yawning and knocks you out with one.
    Konan I mention because she is the only female Akatsuki member. And she was able to hold her own against one of the most formiddable prominent male characters. (I'll give away no spoilers)

Specifically in regards to Lady Tsunade if you are the Hokage, the highest ranking ninja in your village, how is it you cannot beat Itachi (someone originally of your village)? I'll apologize now. I just can't get it through my head that in spite of all the skills and strength Tsunade possesses (few as they are compared to many of the male characters) she cannot defeat one man whose only strength is his Sharingan. Granted he has obtained highly coveted skill with it, he still should not lose to the Hokage of his village.
    It's not something I have an easy time wrapping my head around.
    If Tsunade cannot beat Itachi well of course she'd die but more importantly she should just step down and give her position to anyone else. Since I can't see that happening, I have to imagine that the title of Hokage means that no matter what you're good or not good at, you should be able to give back as good as you get. Furthermore since Itachi is an Akatsuki member, why does Tsunade send out various teams on missions where they end up going up against Akatsuki members? I cannot imagine, any Hokage would send out constituents to fight bad guys that they themself could not defeat. So I have to believe that since Tsunade has the gall to risk the lives of her people that should they fail in their missions she should be next (or very last in line) to defend whatever may be left of her village.

Otaku Genma758 is off to a good start
    Thanks

she can be defeated member when she fought against orochimaru? she kept pounding at her and making her use all her energy and it made her use that energy she stored up in her forehead then she uses it up and she runs out of energy. My best guess is that if you cant get her with your ninjutsu and genjutsu then make her use up all her chakra and then attack her after she uses it she is able to be defeated she is not Immortal she can die she just is one tough woman and can take it hard when the time comes. she is tough and she is only legendary cause of that strength, yet it has a weakness.. her body needs the energy to produce such immense amounts of strength same with sakura thats why they get massive ammounts of chakra reserves and it is used on there physical capabilities. that or they can train normally like Rock lee and get power that way. lee is almost as powerful as sakura and Tsunade yet he cant use anything but taijutsu he is Kick ass. anyway she is defeatable member that Jiraya is the best of the three he is the most power of the legendary sannin.
    The Man Who Knows War

And the Cutie at his Shoulder

Thanks

^
    There's no doubt in my mind Tsunade can be defeated. My only problem is who could defeat her and why.
    And I have this feeling that there's more to her skills as ninja than what meets the eye.

Otaku Genma758 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    ^
    There's no doubt in my mind Tsunade can be defeated. My only problem is who could defeat her and why.
    And I have this feeling that there's more to her skills as ninja than what meets the eye.
    Think about it she is as similar as the naruto, sakura, and sasuke group. she is the weakest of the sannin. I belive orochimaru could do it as he knows unlimited amounts of forbidden jutsu and she does not. and jiraya...well he is just straight badass of course. i mean if you truly think about it she can be defeated by many ninja. she is just very smart and well known for her strength of course that is a big ass plus but there are more to things than brute force. But the biggest is most likely orochimaru as he has a reason to defeat her her death would mean there is one less amazing ninja in the hidden leaf village to deal with. =D her death is inevitable... idk what im saying seriously i think she is beautiful dont forget she is very old.
    The Man Who Knows War

And the Cutie at his Shoulder

Newbie hirokjyoti is off to a good start
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Can Tsunade be defeated?

yes, she can be defeated as you seen the anime episode where kabuto and tsunade fought

Newbie Vongsa is off to a good start
    Thanks

yes any one can be defeated even if they are inmortol it takes time to find out there weekness and when to strike them at the right time and monment.

Newbie Vongsa is off to a good start
    Thanks

sorry ive been busy with family problum my grandfather is in the hospital and he is relly sick. if im not on for give me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vongsa View Post
    yes any one can be defeated even if they are inmortol it takes time to find out there weekness and when to strike them at the right time and monment.
    The point of being immortal is that no matter what anyone does to you or what you do to yourself or whatever life throws at you, yuo will survive. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by hirokjyoti View Post
    yes, she can be defeated as you seen the anime episode where kabuto and tsunade fought
    Already mentioned. But to dredge up that scenario one more time.
    I am more than willing to buy the fact that Kabuto can beat Tsunade as opposed to Itachi beating Tsunade because, Kabuto was only a member of the Hidden Leaf Village for a short period of time, and most of what we know about his upbringing is one big mystery. Itachi on the other hand started out as a a member of the Hidden Leaf Village and went rogue.
    I repeat, in order for you to be Hokage and especially in tsunade's case, you should be able to beat anyone in your village, rogue or not.
    If that weren't the case, then there's a really big gaping hole in the plot of Naruto.

Quote Originally Posted by Genma758 View Post
    Think about it she is as similar as the naruto, sakura, and sasuke group. she is the weakest of the sannin. I belive orochimaru could do it as he knows unlimited amounts of forbidden jutsu and she does not. and jiraya...well he is just straight badass of course. i mean if you truly think about it she can be defeated by many ninja. she is just very smart and well known for her strength of course that is a big ass plus but there are more to things than brute force. But the biggest is most likely orochimaru as he has a reason to defeat her her death would mean there is one less amazing ninja in the hidden leaf village to deal with. =D her death is inevitable... idk what im saying seriously i think she is beautiful dont forget she is very old.
    Her skills and things she has to be skilled at to some extent (no matter how small) to hold her position as Hokage:
    Taijutsu - does it rival Gai's, maybe. Does it have to? Nope. Because if Gai's taijutsu gets beaten, he has nothing left to offer in combat (at least I don't think)
    Genjutsu - she has to have some knowledge and capabilities of it to some extent
    Ninjutsu - same as genjutsu and without have seen her using it, we know she has to have some mastery of it because you cannot move up in ranks at the ninja academy if you don't (rewind to the very first 3 episodes of the series)
    Chakra control - yeah this is really minor but we know she's got it. And she excels as it. (Rewind to her fight with Orochimaru, where she was able to tap it into stored chakra she'd accumulated over the years to heal her wounds)
    Fitness - a continuation of the previous point, if she were not physical fit, able to endure extreme damage or capable of warding off extreme damage, she would've been dead by now because each time she uses her stored chakra she shortens her lifespan. (I seriously doubt it would be beneficial to the series if they started going through Hokages like sneakers)

Applying this to a scenario already mention, Tsunade vs Itachi . . . .
    Itachi's magekyo Sharingan is as far as we've seen unbreakable but also survivable. (I think I just made up a word.) In addition to this to maintain it for as long as he does and as often as he does, puts considerable strain on his body. I cannot recall if the stronger your opponent the more chakra you'd need to entrap them in the manner Itachi does but if it did, Itachi would be in for a long drawn out battle. Of what we've seen so far of Tsunade she doesn't lose easily. It's just not in her personality to roll over and accept defeat (we all agree on that atleast).
    Ignoring Itachi's Mangekyo sharingan, I am not sure who would last if it came down to taijutsu. Assuming Itachi had no taijutsu skills (which we know isn't the case) he could just copy Tsunade's. But Tsunade as a medical ninja would have to a somehwat easy time of out manuevering him simply because that's one of the things she emphasizes as an important skill for a medical ninja to have: the ability to dodge the opponent's attacks. So that could go on for a really long time.
    Moving on to genjutsu, I am almost positive Tsunade would have Itachi beaten.
    Itachi is to arrogant to have bothered with acquiring more genjutsu once he achieved mangekyo sharingan status. And this is where Tsunade's experience would have to come into play I imagine.

And now . . . . I'm off to photograph gels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast