+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How did the sannins become so legendary?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: How did the sannins become so legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru View Post
    Your not even answering the question anymore >.< The real statement of how theyre name came to be is unknown to me. Orochimaru is the only one I can even make a guess on and it is from an old Japanese ledgend of the Kusanagi Sword (sp?) It was belived that long a ago an eight-headed/eight tailed (depending on the story teller) snake demon seiged war to many villages. A man stepped forth and prayed for an answer to this dilema of a situation, he then went into combat and by hacking through one of the eight tails/ heads, he found a sword imbeded in it. He raised the sword and with a mighty swing, vanguished the demon to hell by cutting the air into bladed sickles of pure wind. He named it the Grass-Cutter Blade (This wind technique may have also been a basis for Inuyasha's 'Wind Scar' technique now that I think of it) and became emperor by gaining the right to win the previous emperors daughters hand in marrage. The Kusanagi (also the name of the sword orochimaru is weilding in the fight with sarutobi) was then displayed for many a year. Until his great great grandson (may be older may be younger) used it to prevent his own demise in a field fire, purpousfully meant to kill him so they could steal the sword. Further down the line the swords original owners family lost power and a new man took power, with no remaining family the current power built a shrine for the sword. When war seiged the land again the emporere whom ammusingly had no sword-skill and therefore unable to envoke the swords fury, took the sword from the shrine and many other artifacts and commited hari-kari(Sp?) by taking a boat far out to the ocean and drowning himself with these posessions.

As for the summons its Rock-Paper-Scissors in Japanese. The game there is 'Toad-Snake-Slug' in which snake beats toad, toad beats slug and slug(as shown in the tsunade orochi fight thoroughly >.<) beats snake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru View Post
    Actually, I recently found out the names. Orochimaru, Orochi, an old ledgend of a man who was treasoness to his village and went off with an evil snake who learned snake magic. Jiraiya, the toad sage a man whom presumably defeated the Snake Mage Orochi, Tsunade, Jiraiya's wife whom aided him in this fight with advanced healing magic, had magic prowess of slug magic as well.
    You're TOTALLY posting besides the point. Please stop.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

"I wanted to how they got their name?"

See this? I was answering it >_< So, uh, yeah, I was on topic Hassun, the issue should've been that this thread was dead one an I posted anyway (which didnt come across me until I posted so I apologize for that one)

Thanks

He didn't want to know where the creator of Naruto got their names. He wanted to know why they're called legendary.

And the dead thread rule doesn't apply in the specific anime forums. Don't try to teach me the rules.

Otaku Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru may be famous one day Meji Imaru's Avatar
    Thanks

The end he wanted is questionable. Forgive me all knowing mod for misunderstanding something. However, whether or not either of us is right, this is hardly the place to argue about it. For future reference, if you wish to argue with me, pm it to me.

Thanks

I see you are trying to place yourself above me (and failing at it). However I will not take this to the PMs I get enough of those already. The question is clear.

The thread title: How did the sannins become so legendary?

I hope you know enough basic English to understand that sentence.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 18, 2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Removed quote tags of previous post. Seeing if it affects credits value.

Newbie dum_sper0_spir0 may be famous one day dum_sper0_spir0 may be famous one day dum_sper0_spir0's Avatar
    Thanks

We know that Tsunade is legendary because of her medical skills, Orochimaru ( i think) because of his "experiments" in immortality, and Jirachi because of his strength and because he was the 4th's teacher. I don't know if this is exact but it seems like the most possible to me. i don't think that they are that well known to the general public because I remember Naruto being clueless about them being the Sannin.

Remeber there were the ninja wars only a few years back so they could have won their titles in the war, too.
    Salvate!
    Itenera Diurna Nocturaque~~~ i travel day and night
    Sane, Paululum Linguae latinae dico!

Newbie hendo24 is off to a good start
    Thanks

erm just a guess here but could it be that the only answer to this question with the amount of information you can gather from the naruto anime is that the 3 ninja in question are somehow famous enough to be branded "legendary" and as for "sanin" again this is only a guess as i dont actually understand japanese but im guessing it to be a form of discription for the ninja and have a link between the 3 of them so id guess that it somehow refers to thier summoning ability of the highest ranking creatures possible?

and sorry to speak out of turn but personaly i feel it is fruitless for a MOD to speak to a member in such a way that it implies they have lost thier temper and are defending thier given right of authority? true you are probably swamped with PM`s and that taking the discussion would only make that worse but posting it on this thread just looks like you 2 are bickering!

:S hope this reply does drag me into the fight too! ^_^

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dum_sper0_spir0 View Post
    We know that Tsunade is legendary because of her medical skills, Orochimaru ( i think) because of his "experiments" in immortality, and Jirachi because of his strength and because he was the 4th's teacher. I don't know if this is exact but it seems like the most possible to me. i don't think that they are that well known to the general public because I remember Naruto being clueless about them being the Sannin.

Remeber there were the ninja wars only a few years back so they could have won their titles in the war, too.
    It's probably not because of Orochimaru's experiments. That would make him infamous rather than famous.
    It's probably because they were just so exceptionally talented. High level ninja.
    You become lagenday fro doing something awesome or just being awesome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast