+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How did the sannins become so legendary?

Newbie dum_sper0_spir0 may be famous one day dum_sper0_spir0 may be famous one day dum_sper0_spir0's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How did the sannins become so legendary?

well that goes with out saying. but Orochimaru's experiments were awesome, in the fact that nobody had done anything like that before. there is no doubt that his experiments were horrible to say the least but if you take into account what he did, that demonstrates how well he mastered his chakura(sp?) and that he created a jistu(sp?) to make him immortal. infamous or famous, that still makes him legendary for going where no one had gone before.

what do you think about my other theory though.... i mean they were apart of the ninja war right. and that seems like one of the most likly places to win a title if any.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Oct 18, 2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Removed quote tags
    Salvate!
    Itenera Diurna Nocturaque~~~ i travel day and night
    Sane, Paululum Linguae latinae dico!

Otaku Maskot Kombat Champion Titanofdeath is off to a good start Titanofdeath's Avatar
    Thanks

They became legendary because of there skills in battle and because most of them where the best in what they do and summons they where trained by the 3rd hokage and jiraiya trained the 4th tsunade medical and orchi for being sick and have all of hes evil experments.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." "A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people. " "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." Quote Mohandas Gandhi

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

actually i believe that how they got their name was released recently in Chapter 370 (think so, not too sure though. I won't go into all the details, but it was with a certain fight long ago.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Banned full blooded virgen 666 is off to a good start full blooded virgen 666's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meji Imaru View Post
    Your not even answering the question anymore >.< The real statement of how theyre name came to be is unknown to me. Orochimaru is the only one I can even make a guess on and it is from an old Japanese ledgend of the Kusanagi Sword (sp?) It was belived that long a ago an eight-headed/eight tailed (depending on the story teller) snake demon seiged war to many villages. A man stepped forth and prayed for an answer to this dilema of a situation, he then went into combat and by hacking through one of the eight tails/ heads, he found a sword imbeded in it. He raised the sword and with a mighty swing, vanguished the demon to hell by cutting the air into bladed sickles of pure wind. He named it the Grass-Cutter Blade (This wind technique may have also been a basis for Inuyasha's 'Wind Scar' technique now that I think of it) and became emperor by gaining the right to win the previous emperors daughters hand in marrage. The Kusanagi (also the name of the sword orochimaru is weilding in the fight with sarutobi) was then displayed for many a year. Until his great great grandson (may be older may be younger) used it to prevent his own demise in a field fire, purpousfully meant to kill him so they could steal the sword. Further down the line the swords original owners family lost power and a new man took power, with no remaining family the current power built a shrine for the sword. When war seiged the land again the emporere whom ammusingly had no sword-skill and therefore unable to envoke the swords fury, took the sword from the shrine and many other artifacts and commited hari-kari(Sp?) by taking a boat far out to the ocean and drowning himself with these posessions.

As for the summons its Rock-Paper-Scissors in Japanese. The game there is 'Toad-Snake-Slug' in which snake beats toad, toad beats slug and slug(as shown in the tsunade orochi fight thoroughly >.<) beats snake.
    no because in ep 101-100 they hjave a rock papper sciors fight its not called that

Newbie ruthinni is off to a good start ruthinni's Avatar
    Thanks

i think it's bcuz they know lots of forbidden jutsu

Newbie Domineuce is off to a good start Domineuce's Avatar
    The last place you would look, your sister's closet XD.
    Thanks

Lol, what Hassun said, and if you go any further into it this would be considered a spoiler for those still watching the anime and not that far in the manga.

Just to hint it, it was a rank bestowed upon them not by someone of konoha, but someone of the hidden rain kirigakure. (Of course, he had to be seriously powerful from the start.)

Uber abstract.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3