+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Naruto; English Anime Vs Japanese Anime Vs English Manga

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Naruto; English Anime Vs Japanese Anime Vs English Manga

I recently got my first ever Manga (Naruto book 1, finished it in no time!), & I think I've noticed something.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else noticed just how different the storyline can be. While it still comes down to the same result, they still get there different ways.

Take when Naruto & team first meet Kakashi. Depending on which version you see, Kakashi responds to being hit on the head with a blackboard duster in different ways. Sorry if I screw it up a little.
    The English Anime-"my first impression of this group, you're a bunch of idiots."
    the Japanese translated Anime-"My first impressions of you guys are...I hate you."
    the English Manga-"based on my first impression, I'd have to say...I hate you!!"

Before that, when Naruto steals the sacred scroll, in the Manga they actually show him sneaking around the 3rd Hokage's place, using the "Ninja Center-fold" technique (Sexy No Jitsu in the Anime) against him when disdovered, then running off with the scroll, learning the "Art of the Doppleganger" technique of it. In the Anime though, it just cuts straight to the Sensei's gathering to search for him, with Naruto using the Sexy No Jitsu against the Hokage at the interviews for the next stage.

So, has anyone else noticed anything else like this?

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie BECK fan is off to a good start BECK fan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto; English Anime Vs Japanese Anime Vs English Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    I recently got my first ever Manga (Naruto book 1, finished it in no time!), & I think I've noticed something.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else noticed just how different the storyline can be. While it still comes down to the same result, they still get there different ways.

Take when Naruto & team first meet Kakashi. Depending on which version you see, Kakashi responds to being hit on the head with a blackboard duster in different ways. Sorry if I screw it up a little.
    The English Anime-"my first impression of this group, you're a bunch of idiots."
    the Japanese translated Anime-"My first impressions of you guys are...I hate you."
    the English Manga-"based on my first impression, I'd have to say...I hate you!!"

Before that, when Naruto steals the sacred scroll, in the Manga they actually show him sneaking around the 3rd Hokage's place, using the "Ninja Center-fold" technique (Sexy No Jitsu in the Anime) against him when disdovered, then running off with the scroll, learning the "Art of the Doppleganger" technique of it. In the Anime though, it just cuts straight to the Sensei's gathering to search for him, with Naruto using the Sexy No Jitsu against the Hokage at the interviews for the next stage.

So, has anyone else noticed anything else like this?

kinda yeah i have but in the manga i think kakashi say the same as is the the Japanese translated Anime.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

The typical "lost in translation" problems come up of course. Think about that the next time you read a bible.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The typical "lost in translation" problems come up of course. Think about that the next time you read a bible.
    Unless you happen to be able to read Greek and Hebrew that is

Anyway, yeah there are differences. Mainly do to how someone wants to translate a phrase or saying. Most of the time it isn't a big difference (I hate you vs I loathe you) but other times it can be, so unless you can read the original language and translate for yourself your pretty much stuck with it.

Newbie thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

its a very common occurance. there is almost no chance the anime will be exactly like the manga even in the same language. theres just some things that are modified, added, or taken out to make the story smoother or to add more drama in the anime. there are other reasons to change the manga storyline such as what happened to the Naruto series sometimes referred to as the 100 episode filler saga... they caught up with the manga to fast and they had to make a decision: stop production and wait for the manga to get further ahead, make up their own story arc/ending, or filler! filler! filler! if you want the full story exactly like it happens, i suggest reading the manga. it will take longer than watching the anime but there are numerous things that are cut out in the anime such as how kakashi got his "special" eye plus you dont have to deal with the unsightly filler or crapily-edited-for-kids english version.

but thats probably just my opinion

+ Reply to Thread