+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11

Thread: Naruto the next DBZ?

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto the next DBZ?

honestly, say what you want about females being more prominent in naruto, they still do not do much. especially before Shipuden. Sakura was worthess before and whiny.
    they need to have a kickass female lead, that doesnt spend all her time fangirling out on one of the main characters.

Banned radeclew is off to a good start radeclew's Avatar
    Thanks

I was not talking about naruto girls... I was talking about anime in general ....
    gay characters, and wining girls..... that's all that there is...
    that's why I stick to the past... I enjoy old anime more than new anime!

one thing... why is the lead character of all anime such a bag with girls..... why fear women ...... I don't know why... but it seams that Japanese man fear girls, and tend to be more gay than people out of Japan.....

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

well i love strong female leads, and there are many great animes built off of them. and 'dont be afraid of women'? My friend, in anime there are many women to fear. many, many..
    Outlaw star: Aisha, Suzuka, and the females of the Anten Seven
    Cowboy Bebop: The Heavy Metal Queen, Faye
    Revoltionary Girl Utena: Nanami, Utena, Juri
    Basilisk
    and theres too much more to count.sometimes i fear women much more than men.
    'Hell have no wrath like a woman's scorn."
    therefore, they make a very good characters in anime.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to EmoNightmareRose For This Useful Post:

!radeclew (Mar 23, 2009)

Thanks

I know what you mean by those girls......but did you notice that almost all of those anime that you mention are old ones......lol

I want a good anime targeted for adults, am tired of just haering naruto this and bleach that... and that one piece is the best..... I want something new...
    am getting tired of anime right now...... it's been a year since I saw a whole
    anime series, and there's nothing to look forward for me in anime.... my last two anime where codess geass and death note..... those anime ruin anime for me.....

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: Naruto the next DBZ?

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    i am agreeing with you. =]
    yes, frankly i am not stating that Toriyama made these similarities i am just saying the untrained otaku tends to lead it back to DB/DBZ. and this is exactly my point. this is why naruto isnt DBZ, because they seem at first to have small similarities,but if you look in the big picture those are common similarities, and they are different.
    and also in manga/anime general theyre are many characters that fit the 'goku' attitude:
    Naruto, Luffy from One Piece, Yoh from Shaman King, Ueki from Law of Ueki, Gene from Outlaw Star, and my favorite, Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena.
    they are not carbon copies, but they may be compared to DBZ from time to time because of the attitude they have.
    the main differences to me are:
    DBZ story was very long too, but honestly i was entertained the entire time. and for all of those who complain, i dont really care. i had fun watching it.
    Naruto had more complexity in the storyline, however,
    and the characters general attitudes were different.
    and as previously stated the gender balance and the weapons factor.
    Thats okay, I know what you mean. <3 xD
    S'just whenever I hear someone say "Oh, THIS is the next version of THIS." it just makes me want to cry so bad. Knowing I'm working on my own books and manga and everything I'd absolutely HATE to be referred to as "The next Stephen King" or "The next Rumiko Takahashi.". Literally - it would make me cry, because I'd take it quite personally. xD Lol. It's like... a persons work is their own, one can compare it to someone elses, but I dont really like the idea of "This is THAT, only its the next version of IT!" or something.

.... Off-topic, but I need to get back into Utena again. -__-; I totally fell away from that one. -Sigh- Anime girl too. Who'd've thought? ;_;

Ah well. Yay for Naruto. And yay for Dragonball. <3 Yay for boths of zem!

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Thanks

if you need to know anything about Utena, please contact me. i have written essays on it. it is by far one of the most complex story lines in anime. doesnt seem so at first, but once you see the entire thing, you realize.

heres the essays people have written: Empty Movement: Your daily dose of Shoujo Kakumei Utena!
    the only thing that drove me away was fangirls, but thats it.

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

i say naruto is the best...and i think it will be the next DBZ...just wait and see...it will be popular as DBZ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fiqx View Post
    i say naruto is the best...and i think it will be the next DBZ...just wait and see...it will be popular as DBZ...
    Yes it will be big.... but once is over no one will ever watch it again.... dude I grew up with DBZ almost all my teen age.... and it will always stays with me .....but naruto that just an anime for the time... when it ends it will be over.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11