+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto the next DBZ?

Newbie Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword may be famous one day Bloody Sword's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto the next DBZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiora View Post
    its hard to see naruto becoming bigger then DBZ, perhaps close enough, but i doubt it'll be bigger, DBZ is legend, and naruto..well it is very popular, but i dunno i could very well be wrong...
    I ahve to agree.... DBZ was one of the biggest hits that made anime go so big....it just had everything that anime was for at the time.....but now anime is more developed I guess you could say....but the only big problem with DBZ was the repetitiveness you got from it.....they had to fight to find the Dragon Balls then save the world......DB and DBGT did the same thing.....Naruto is doing that now too....if you go far enough it's all about Naruto...and his little quests.....they get pretty pathetic I have to say

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Sword View Post
    I ahve to agree.... DBZ was one of the biggest hits that made anime go so big....it just had everything that anime was for at the time.....but now anime is more developed I guess you could say....but the only big problem with DBZ was the repetitiveness you got from it.....they had to fight to find the Dragon Balls then save the world......DB and DBGT did the same thing.....Naruto is doing that now too....if you go far enough it's all about Naruto...and his little quests.....they get pretty pathetic I have to say
    after DBZ they just ahd so much money left theydecioded to make anotehr sereis which was DBGT which was the worst of the DB series

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally don't see that happening. Naruto is just big for now, but after a point I think it will cool down.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Otaku Bow Adventure Champion OdysseanPromise may be famous one day OdysseanPromise may be famous one day
    Montclair, NJ (School), Severn, MD (Home)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai View Post
    It's already so. DBZ helped to bring anime to my generation and the one before mine. But now? The current generation is smitten with those little ninjas.
    The problem is that DBZ ruined a lot of people's opinions towards anime in addition to enabling 11 and 12 year olds to have their gateway drug.

Unfortunately, things like Naruto and DBZ only create anime's embittered enemies. Unfortunately, so much of Naruto is filler these days, it is hard to really diferentiate DBZ and Naruto on a level of story quality.

Newbie big_tigger is off to a good start
    Thanks

are you kidding? DBZ is still here, there can't be a new generation with the first still goin can there? anywho, i think that nohting can become as popular as DBZ, but i could be wrong *cringe*, because Anime_being_God is right, alot of pplz are totally possesed with compying those freakin handsigns

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Um I dont want to upset anyone but I think Naruto better then DBZ
    Even though I liked DBZ the first time it came out on Toonami lol
    it wasn't the instant addiction that Naruto is
    (in my opinion)

~~~ K ~~~

Otaku Noodles is off to a good start Noodles's Avatar
    Thanks

If the series continues for about five generations then maybe it will.Other then that it will never be like dbz.
    Mr. Fangs

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I do think that Naruto can be considered this generation's DBZ. I mean it's so popular now and we are now having a mini Anime fan boom. As for it becoming as popular as DBZ became I think that has yet to be seen. Sure, a lot of people are talking about it and really like it but I don't see any magazines being produced for this one anime and I don't see movie after movie being produced but I'm sure there will be one. It is also yet to be seen if it will last as long in popularity as DBZ did. The DBZ series was popular for quite a few years and still popular with many people (I know I will always love DBZ). We have yet to see that with Naruto and I think it may have the potential to be as popular as DBZ. We just all got to wait and see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast