+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Naruto the next DBZ?

Newbie Saiyan lover is off to a good start Saiyan lover's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto the next DBZ?

Someday Naruto might be as big DBZ but not yet, Naruto has still away to go before it can be compared to DBZ.

DBZ forever!!!!!
    It's just me with Vegitto.

Banned narutard bugboy is off to a good start
    Thanks

this is the way i see it. DBZ is the origianal. it always will be and that makes it special.
    but Naruto is the new "man in town" so to speak. it still going so they can keep up with the competition. dbz cant do that and the new movie will most likely send it to its grave unfortunately.and once that happens Naruto will be the new dbz

Otaku Genma758 is off to a good start
    Thanks

next dbz..hmm i dont know dbz is pretty wicked but i dont belive that naruto is going into the next dbz tho htye are not powerful enough yet im sure.
    The Man Who Knows War

And the Cutie at his Shoulder

Newbie Kage X is off to a good start Kage X's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by awesomeparty12 View Post
    true but to try and say it will be the next DBZ is madness yes it is a good show and all but seriously t doesn't come close i mean i would love to see Kakashi Sensai try and beat Goku, Gohan, or Vegeta he wont be able to in a milloin years
    if they did something like that they would have to put the char. in to the context of the show/comic. when he died, kakashi probably matched android saga vegeta, but that is my pinion and puts them in the same universe, which gives a more standardized power situation.
    If there was a beginning, I don't care. If there is an end, I don't want it. If I had a life, I would sell it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, if any series was to claim the crown as the 21st Century DBZ, it would be another Shounen Jump based series, produced by the Studio TOEI, the same studio that made DBZ. At 393 episodes (and counting), 3 TV Specials, 1 OVA series of 4 episodes, and 9 theatrical Movie releases (and counting) 'One Piece' (who's Manga-ka admits being influenced by DBZ with the same Drag-On style of one fight going over multiple chapters/episodes) who's Japan popularity easily exceeds Naruto in both Manga sales and TV ratings, has a much credible claim...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Kage X is off to a good start Kage X's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Actually, if any series was to claim the crown as the 21st Century DBZ, it would be another Shounen Jump based series, produced by the Studio TOEI, the same studio that made DBZ. At 393 episodes (and counting), 3 TV Specials, 1 OVA series of 4 episodes, and 9 theatrical Movie releases (and counting) 'One Piece' (who's Manga-ka admits being influenced by DBZ with the same Drag-On style of one fight going over multiple chapters/episodes) who's Japan popularity easily exceeds Naruto in both Manga sales and TV ratings, has a much credible claim...
    ok, maybe nar wasnt influenced by dbz directly, but it also puts the "one battle in many issues" thing to use, and has more episodes and tv specials, im not sure about OVAs but it is catching up on the movies.
    If there was a beginning, I don't care. If there is an end, I don't want it. If I had a life, I would sell it.

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

I always honestly thought One Piece would have been more popular than Naruto as well. I seen stirrings of Naruto in the media, but at the same time, everyone was going nuts for things in the vampire genre and things in the pirates genre, ie; Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean. I expected that with the popularity of pirate-ey themes, that One Piece would have been the one to immediately be translated in popularity by the anime/manga fans. That IT would have been the one to fall into the mainstage.

I, personally, got addicted to the DBZ series when it first began, out of a weird mix of its plot and the fighting. The action and everything. I remember the first episode(s) I seen were Yamcha getting blown up by one of those Saibaman things, and Nappa starting to fight and everything, and I always wanted to see what happened in the end. Of course, the series pulled you RIGHT in the full way until the time when Trunks shows up, in my opinion. After watching the fight with Nappa/Vejita, I kept on watching right through the Frieza 'saga'. Loved it. Kindof fell away from it with the androids thing and Cell and then finally they changed DBZ to another channel just as Buu turned up (the only reason why I was still watching it) and then, bam, I just fell from the plot completely. I HATED that they stopped showing it on Cartoon Network just when the fight with Buu was starting. That was sheer, and utter, money laundering. Getting kids to beg their parents to switch channel bundles. Sucked! Anyway...

Considering the amount of stick I've seen ninja's getting across the world wide webs, I'm actually surprised Naruto got as popular as it has. xD

Ooo, ninja's. -Wiggles fingers-

Again, as with earlier manga, I always liked the first few books of Naruto. I dont watch the anime. I think its got a long way to go to be AS successful as Dragonball Z, but to be honest, it does have a decent (and growing) online fan community, that much is for certain. Who knows?

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kage X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

ok, maybe nar wasnt influenced by dbz directly, but it also puts the "one battle in many issues" thing to use, and has more episodes and tv specials, im not sure about OVAs but it is catching up on the movies.
    Actually 'Naruto' has 220 episodes, (which includes multiple seasons of those horrible filler episodes), 3 movies, 2 OVAs and 1 console game intro. If you add 'Naruto Shippūden' (which is about as different as DBZ was from DB-GT), that adds an additional 101 episodes (and counting) plus 2 more movies (and counting) for a grand total of 321 episodes, 5 Movies and 2 and a fraction OVAs, which places it solidly behind the count of 'One Piece'...

It's unfortunate that the US market value for 'One Piece' was nearly destroyed by that horrible 4Kids produced butchered dub release. (And whoever authorized the butchered dub at TOEI should be fired for destroying the marketability of the property). It remains to be seen if the uncut FUNimation dub of 'One Piece' can restore the US reputation of the series...
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Mar 19, 2009 at 10:15 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast