+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naruto, what's outside the walls...

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Naruto, what's outside the walls...

OK, I've got a few characters & their stories stuck in my head (when don't I?!?!?) that I thought up after I watched Naruto, & most of it takes place outside The Village Of The Hidden Leaf. The main character actually grew up in the Village Of The Hidden Mist (yes, he knew Haku & of Zabuza), but was forced to run from the village for the rest of his life, with his best friend telling them he was dead. He then spent 2 years roaming the world before he came to the Hidden Leaf Village & saw something there that's made him stay since. If need be, I'll go into more detail, but that's also where I'm hoping you all can help.

Basically, I'm curious about what it's like in the world of Naruto. I'm interested in things like technology (I've seen fridges & radios with earpieces), Housing (all village style, or are there bigger cities?) & so on. It looks to me like they have about 1990's level technology personally, though no guns to be seen. In the only movie I've seen, they use Kunai launchers instead. They also use a steam train, which could put a dampener on my 1990's theory.

I think, judging by what I've seen, 1990's would be a good description, most likely there are even big Tokyo-style cities around somewhere. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Ninja countries were also trading with outside countries, since Japan started doing so apparently in the 1600's. Perhaps there'as big modern style ports too. I'm also curious as to what the everyday polics use. Guns don't seem to exist, so I'm not sure what they've got instead, since the Anbu can't be everywhere. Tazer guns perhaps?

So, what lies outside the walls of the Hidden Leaf Village? Let's see what turns up...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Naruto, what's outside the walls...

it seems to be a bit of a hodgepodge really. they have tvs, boats with motors and such, but no, no guns. and some of the scenes with the leader of akatsauki there is a modern-ish city. also he appears as a hologram in shipuuden.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess I can understand them having no guns. Guns can kill a person so easily, plus there already a good few Animes with guns-a-plenty, I guess the producers/writers wanted to leave them out.

A hologram? Very interesting. I guess that means he's got some resources behind him. I'm wondering if the Akazuki leader has any other groups under his thumb. He is rather shady, maybe he could be a big time business man...

Any chance some people who have read all/most of the Manga or watched all/most of the episodes could chime in? I'd love to get input where-ever I can. The reason I'm so interested is because by characters background & story are set most of the time in the outside world, while on the run & while on missions. Any info would be beautiful.

Thanks

background info is what makes a good story. well, in my opinion anyway. after finishing a series, i usually fead all i can on it on wikipedia. so i agree, get all you can.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

i think i remember in the episode before the whole shippudden thing that at the ending song all of the female character had cell phones and looked all depressed like they were trying to call someone important. especially sakura. so i don't know if the ending song counts but weren't cell phones just recently invented?
    every rose has a thorn

Thanks

Yeah, I think they appeared in the 80's, but those were almost literally bricks. I mean, you could build a house out of those things...

Wikipedia eh? Might have to try that out. Thanks.

It's starting to looks like it is 1990's level technology in the Naruto world, with the occasional ultra high tech gadget here & there. My character's stories & backgrounds seem to remain intact. Thanks.

Thanks

i hoped i could help. and as for the cell phone thing, i wouldnt se why not. they have big TV's and headset communicators, and cells arent really that much more advanced, plus shippuden is 2 1/2 years later....

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the naruto world is a lot like the countryside of japan, in present times.

It has pretty much all the modern devices we see today. They even have medical computers, usually used for chakra healing.

Also like the Japanese countryside, they keep some old technologies, like canoes and steam trains.

Oh yeah, in a world of ninjas with intensely destructive powers and blinding speed, who the hell would need a gun? lol

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast