+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tebayo!!!

Newbie supersonico may be famous one day supersonico may be famous one day supersonico's Avatar
    Thanks

Tebayo!!!

I have seen Naruto since 6 months ago, but i've never tought about something:
    one day i was watching Naruto with my cousin and he asked why naruto always end all that he says in -tebayo. i didnt know wath to say (well, i just said he likes to say it) but i wanna know if the word -tebayo has a meaning
    if anyone know why naruto say tebayo please tell me
    Damned Japanese Otakuses

They always keep the good stuff in Japan

Newbie xXxBloodlustxXx is off to a good start xXxBloodlustxXx's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tebayo!!!

Um, I've never heard Naruto say that ever. Do you mean dattebayo? Probably, it sounds similiar to what you wrote. Dattebayo has no real meaning to it. It was a fictional phase made up by the creator Masashi Kishimoto. In the English version, they made it into 'Believe it'.

Newbie thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow may be famous one day thedivineshadow's Avatar
    Thanks

bloodlust is right in that it has no real meaning and it is normally "dattebayo" but is sometimes expressed as [verb]-ttebayo. the only reason its there is because it gives more character and a different style of speech to naruto, the number one clutz... haha

kenshin from rurouni kenshin has a catch phrase similar to dattebayo that he says at the end of most sentences, too.

think of it like a really ditzy/preppy girl that talks like this [total stereotype. not every ditzy/preppy girl talks like this] "And then like i like totally ditched him in like the parking lot of ... ya like totally. like how did you guess? like no way girl. like you are like the bestest best girlfriend i could like ever ask for."... notice the use of the word "like." its not needed at all to understand the sentence, its just there to add more to the character

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, like other people have said, you probably heard "dattebayo" meaning "believe it". Like xXxBloodlustxXx said, it was just a very simple phrase that Masashi Kishimoto made up because Naruto, when he says "Believe it!", meaning that he wants people to believe that he will become hokage and all of that.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

"ttebayo" does not mean "believe it"... "believe it" just fits the same lip movements, so it was substituted to make the lip-synch match.

"ttebayo" carries no meaning whatsoever. It's an affectation/suffix reflective of a childish, headstrong style of speech.

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks

It's funny that Naruto have his own kind of speech only because he sticks "ttebayo" on almost every sentence that he makes.

That's another thing why Konohamaru looks like Naruto. Seems he has some kind of word he sticks on every sentence like Naruto as well. I don't know what it means, probably nothing like "ttebayo" but he says a lot of "kore".

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Otaku anonymous is off to a good start anonymous's Avatar
    Lodi,CA Mood:Jazzed FavoriteAnime:Soul Eater
    Thanks

i have every episode of naruto(including shippuuden)and i have
    never heared him say"tebayo"ones.but if its i japanies you are watching it in...
    i hear a "yo"at the end of his sentences alot

..."dont pretend to know me ... when i dont even know myself..."

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supersonico View Post
    I have seen Naruto since 6 months ago, but i've never tought about something:
    one day i was watching Naruto with my cousin and he asked why naruto always end all that he says in -tebayo. i didnt know wath to say (well, i just said he likes to say it) but i wanna know if the word -tebayo has a meaning
    if anyone know why naruto say tebayo please tell me
    Tebayo? never heard of him? Her? Maybe it's a random Naruto character that was in one of the villages. /:

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast