+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: could superman even compare?

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: could superman even compare?

I guess I'm gonna repeat everyone else & say Superman/any Kryptonian better not pick a fight with a Dragon Ball Z character, let alone a GT character. Even in Dragon Ball, the old Turtle Hermit was strong enough to blow up an entire mountain with a single Kamehameha, & that's how Goku learnt the move! By the end of the DB Manga series, he far out-classed that level...

Then again, the entire Dragon Ball saga (DB, DBZ, DBGT) is the most powerful Anime/Manga series I've ever seen. I've only seen 1 other Anime where they blow up a planet, & that was in a giant 3 part robot which combined then sliced the planet in half with some sort of beam. At the start of DBZ, Vegeta blows up a planet after smacking around a few of the inhabitants, all just to "flex their muscles". Considering they only get stronger from there (except Gohan, who actually gets weaker due to lack of training), so the Man of Steel wouldn't stand a chance in my eyes...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Newbie jesusfreak29 is off to a good start jesusfreak29's Avatar
    Thanks

oh yeah if goku turned super sayain 4 and vegata did to, they could fuse and blow superman to bits
    Last edited by jesusfreak29; Jan 14, 2010 at 07:15 PM.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

This is from IGN's countdown of the top 25 anime characters of all time. it should answer this question pretty concisely

1. Goku
    First Appearance: Dragon Ball Episode 1, "Secret of the Dragon Ball," 1986

There's a brief movement during the Dragon Ball Z saga where Goku goes and dies. (The dying part wasn't actually all that big a deal, though, since the Z Fighters died and came back about as often as the X-Men, and with as many lasting consequences.) Dead, Goku travels directly to the afterlife, where he greets King Kai – for all intents and purposes, God – and asks for the chance to train in martial arts beneath him, learning directly from the Almighty.

Not long after completing a training session alongside our hero, Kai has a chat with a few of his fellow deities. Goku, reckons the King, is the most powerful being in the universe. He is a match for King Kai himself and then some, able to perfect fighting techniques that Kai never could, and might well destroy all that is if he isn't very careful with his massive in-born powers.

Japanese animation has given us plenty of bad-asses, but not very many could have beaten up God and then blown up the universe for an encore. Ladies and gentlemen, Son Goku.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

goku or superman? superman. why? have you all read the golden age superman? i can guess not. the golden age superman can time travel, can go around the universe in a second, smartest being in the dc, can move planets, and immortal.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

but did superman ever beat god in martial arts? or possibly have the power to destroy the whole universe unopposed? I don't remember comments like that being made about him.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    but did superman ever beat god in martial arts? or possibly have the power to destroy the whole universe unopposed? I don't remember comments like that being made about him.
    it depends on what god. after all dragon ball follows the chinese mythology of deities in the story journey to the west, were gods and goddesses can be beaten by chosen people. son goku was destined to be a god and according to buddha, since he became sanzo's guardian. guardians are chosen people who eventually can live in heaven as gods or goddesses by protecting chosen individuals by buddha. hence the reason why goku of dragon ball can battle gods, since dragon ball follows the stories, characters, etc. from journey to the west story.

as for superman, he has battled sorts of gods in the dc universe. for example, dark seid.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Brandon Grave Heat is off to a good start
    Thanks

Look i have said it before Superman's Power is the sun, and a Supersayin such as Goku would not need the sun for the encounter and I have also that Superman would barley beat Ratiz ( Think back to the sayian saga in Dragon ball Z) Super man would be out classed by Goku period..)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Grave Heat View Post
    Look i have said it before Superman's Power is the sun, and a Supersayin such as Goku would not need the sun for the encounter and I have also that Superman would barley beat Ratiz ( Think back to the sayian saga in Dragon ball Z) Super man would be out classed by Goku period..)
    depending on which earths? super boy prime for example, just destroyed 2 supermans. so which one? and yet that's still superman by technicality...even the golden age superman, which he doesn't even need the sun or even air for that matter. though i must say again superman wins...for example, superman golden age goes back in time (which he can) kill goku as an infant...the end, superman wins. not mention can also change his form, like turning himself into pure energy.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast