+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Evolution.

Otaku Wheel 2 Spin Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Aqua blocks Champion, CrashDown Champion Blue Wolf is off to a good start Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DBZ Evolution

Well, these forums just happen to be called Anime Online, but the main reason I joined it was to play RPG Inferno. :P

I like a bit of Anime, but it's very limited what Anime I've seen, the bare minimum possible really... >.>

And about the games, I can't help it if that's the case...as far as Dragon Ball, or pretty much any other Anime goes, I would only ever end up trying one of the games at the most, can't really load up videos of episodes of Anime to watch online, Dial-Up is unbelievably slow, so it pretty much takes forever, sadly. <_<

RPG Character: MetalGarurumon. Level: 86.

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

well i saw the trialier for the movie and it dosen't represent db at all. the cast don't even look like them. most live action movies of animes didn't turn out so well. im glad there is a db movie coming out but, i don't think it will be worth it.

and do not base db on their video games. many of the games plots are different... and forget some great parts.

and for those that say db has nothing to do with dragons it does. dragon ball was about goku collecting the seven dragon balls. that summon the dragon shelong or something like that. enemies were always after the dragon balls or getting revenge on goku.

too be honest... i never really understood why db was so big... i watched when i was little but when i look back now... it was one of my first, i owe alot to it but it wasn't that great. i guess it was big becuase it talked about friendship, struggle and victory, but then what shonen doesn't. db is only great because it introduced anime to a new generation of north america. it open the gate way to north america and the rest of the world. i don't think anyone in the world that is in the double digits that watches tv has heard of db.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Otaku Wheel 2 Spin Champion, Bejeweled Champion, Aqua blocks Champion, CrashDown Champion Blue Wolf is off to a good start Blue Wolf's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, it seems that it has been fortunate to be just as popular as it has for so long, nothing much about it that has really compelled me to check it out...I could wait a really long time for a video of part of an episode of Dragon Ball to load up, but honestly, I don't think be worth it...

RPG Character: MetalGarurumon. Level: 86.

Newbie thetrocch is off to a good start thetrocch's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah the movie is going to suck just like all the comic book movies that any movie company has made the decide go against the core audience that made the property popular and make it for people who don't really understand it

Newbie spitball1074 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Wolf View Post
    Since I think Dragons are really cool, I have to ask...is there actually any Dragons in Dragon Ball Z? The name would lead me to believe that there must be, but I don't know... >_>
    There are the shenrons that grant wishes, and like the final half of Dragonball GT is about the Shadow Dragons, but other than that, it's mostly about saiyans and stuff.

Also, that movie seems like it's really gonna suck. Whenever I hear the term "live action movie" about an anime, I just know it'll suck. I mean, I'm not saying it can't be good, but the entertainment is reduced more than 50&#37; when it's live action. I'd prefer an anime movie of DBZ anyday. When they turn anime like Prince of Tennis and Death Note into movies, it works just fine cause they're makeable, but live action anime movies just suck compared to the anime, especially in the case of the new Street Fighters and DBZ live action movies coming out. Both those animes rely on their animation to create awesome kick ass fights, but even with computer graphics and special effects and stuff, a live action movie just wouldn't be the same. In fact, I think turning an anime into a live movie just defeats the whole purpose of an anime and pretty much butchers it.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrocch View Post
    yeah the movie is going to suck just like all the comic book movies that any movie company has made the decide go against the core audience that made the property popular and make it for people who don't really understand it
    Well, comic book movies can actually do pretty will as live action movies because they unlike DBZ and Street Fighters, the comic book superheroes use powers that don't rely on graphics. For example, a kamehameha blast in a live movie would look pretty ridiculous, but in Spiderman and The Dark Knight and stuff, their powers are pretty easy to copy, like the spiderwebs and those things Batman throws, idk what they're called. And The Dark Knight was THE BEST MOVIE EVER, and it's a comic book turned movie, so I'm pretty sure comic book movies can work just fine.

Also, another reason comic book movies would work better than anime is because comics are made in America, while anime is made in Japan, so American movie makers understand comics better, allowing them to create better movies for them. That's also the reason why anime movies that were made in Japan, like Prince of Tennis and Death Note, are better than the ones made by Americans, particularly the upcoming DBZ and Street Fighters movies. I basically repeated the same 4 anime over and over again, but that's cause I'm making a point.
    Last edited by spitball1074; Feb 24, 2009 at 07:41 PM.

Newbie Regein is off to a good start
    Thanks

It looks like a joke and a complete mockery of What the serious means to the Original Fans. If i go to see it, it will be to laugh at it. But those are just my two cents on it.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

i basically don't expect anything from this movie. i think everyone that loves DBZ is better off waiting till DVD or just not seeing it. It really doesn't stay true to DB in anyway, it still confuses me why it is called Dragon Ball: Evolution.

Newbie spitball1074 is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    i basically don't expect anything from this movie. i think everyone that loves DBZ is better off waiting till DVD or just not seeing it. It really doesn't stay true to DB in anyway, it still confuses me why it is called Dragon Ball: Evolution.
    Lol, amend dude. Goku's a white guy... and his hair isn't even in the awesome saiyan hairdue style. And Master Roku is scrawny as hell. Noone even looks similar to any of the DBZ characters in that movie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast