+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Evolution.

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DBZ Evolution

Okay... I've seen the promo/trailer for the movie. And it STINKS. First, live action is definitly a gambit. With the right cast it would totally work, but there is a ridiculous looking Goku, a semi-green Picolo, and a non-blue hair Bulma! Not even gonna start on Roshi. Yes, the CG is very nice. I like the kamehameha graphics, but i mean the whole thing looks ridiculus. I feel that if the script is bad, the whole movie is an insult.
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Newbie HirohikoZ is off to a good start
    Thanks

Regardless of the nay-sayers so far, as a long time Dragonball fan I will have to go see this when it comes out. A true fan would be willing to go see everything about what they like regardless of others opinions or critics. Sure the movie may not make any sense or fall into the storyline or even screw up the characters or whatever everyone was complaining about. We should all be greatful Dragonball is still being recognized in modern times. Call it a blast from the past.
    -My life as a WoW Priest- "If your not going to get out of the F&*king $h1t on the floor, I am not going to heal you!

Otaku Zero666Mitaki is off to a good start
    Thanks

It looks ok I suppose. I do hope they do a good job on this one. I don't want them to make DBZ look bad because of a director's stupidity.

If time is just an illusion, then does that mean one's life is a waste?

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

I can't be bothered reading through this whole thread because I'm too fat and lazy. Seriously. I need lazy SURGERY to get rid of some of the excess laziness that I have.

Anyway.

I'm holding out for the choreography on the fight scenes. Sorry, but from what I've seen, I'm not looking forward to the actual film. The plot is mediocre, the characters personalities and backgrounds shallower than a drying puddle in the street. It's VERY little to do with the original Dragonball, and to be honest, even the CG for it is pretty FAIL.

.. Sorry if I made anyone sad by saying all that, I'm just too bluntly honest for my own good.
    I was holding out for the hopes of something that held true to the original series.
    ... Goku was NEVER a student. He was a brick. Physically and mentally.
    And what he does to Chichi's locker (so I've heard) tells more of an AIRBENDER rather than a fighter with Ki skills. &#172;__&#172;

Edit: Sorry, I've decided to go into rant mode.
    How in the HELL did they ever think Goku was going to look good in the first movie as a teenager? He was a KID when he fought Piccolo. I know theres a LOT of differences in the movie and the original series, but seriously, can they not keep ONE thing right? It would have added to the aesthetic if they got a GOOD child actor for his part. Chichi's and Bulma's too, I guess. Although I WOULD have went for a more teenage/preteen actor for Yamcha and Bulma.

Seriously. It is FAIL.
    Last edited by Redsquire; Mar 23, 2009 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Err, decided to rant a little. x_x Sorry.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I love Toriyama's reaction to the film. Maybe that's how everyone should think of it just so they can appreciate it somehow. I'm glad that someone's got the balls to NOT just bitch and moan about it. Hooray for passive-aggressiveness!
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: DBZ Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell View Post
    I love Toriyama's reaction to the film. Maybe that's how everyone should think of it just so they can appreciate it somehow. I'm glad that someone's got the balls to NOT just bitch and moan about it. Hooray for passive-aggressiveness!
    I think when Toriyama said to consider it a quote; "Dragonball from another dimension" he was perhaps distancing himself and his own work as far away from the film as possible. xD Notice that he also commented in WRITING, because saying such a thing verbally on camera, he might be caught crying or bursting out laughing after saying it.

... At the very least though, I'd think Toriyama would have to take a "neutral" view on it at the VERY least, if noone else likes it, and he did the OK for the film. I dont think anyone in his position would say "Omg, you -bleep-'ed it all up! You raped my manga to shreds!". Which, to be honest, was the case.

Let's read from Toriyama's own words, the idea that perhaps the director, and writers, etc, as "ultra high calibre people", probably all wanted to do their own thing, and to bugger with everyone else or what the public thought. The product? This... vomit.

Sorry. Sorry everyone. I can't help it. ;_; It's vomit.

I'll go and see it. I'll fork out the money. I'll support the series I've always loved, to its most perverted of reaches or how bad it gets. I'll just go to the studio afterwards and burn my Dragonball manga collection outside their front door. Anyone else after seeing it is welcome to join me. x3

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Newbie Sporin is off to a good start Sporin's Avatar
    Thanks

NO!!!!! dragonball Z the move will suck!! it like i say anime is lot more feeling to it the actors won't get it

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen the actual trailer for the movie, and i say its worth a look... a LOOK. Otherwise I recomend not going unless u just wana c what its like.
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast