+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Ball Evolution.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: DBZ Evolution

this is for any fans of the abridged series. basically, he sums up everything we've been saying.

Lanipator of TeamFourStar gives his DBE Review

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

Did anyone see the movie over the weekend??!?!?! I might go see it, just for laughs, but I need to know how good it was, or wasn't, first!!!
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Reports out on its opening weekend, Dragon Ball Evolution has underperformed its expectations...
    Fox certainly doesn’t expect to do as well with Dragonball Evolution in North America as it does in the rest of the world. The film opened here in 2,181 theaters and earned just $2,132 per venue, a performance that was below many analysts' expectations,. With only a 16% positive rating from critics (according to Rotten Tomatoes, though the film did get a positive notice from The New York Times), and just a C+ CinemaScore from patrons, the future at the domestic box office doesn’t appear very bright for this adaptation of Akira Toriyama’s manga. It appears it will have to do most of its damage overseas, though its $4.7 million opening undoubtedly increased exposure of the property, an effect that should be even more pronounced when the film is released on DVD.
    ICv2 - 'Hannah' Laps Street Racers
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Byaku Guy is off to a good start Byaku Guy's Avatar
    Thanks

HAHAHAHA!!! Thats really funny! I would have expected those numbers to be a bit higher, but i guess I was proven wrong. Thats awesome...
    This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face.

Otaku lessaangel is off to a good start
    Thanks

the new dragonball evalution is not that good but i dont like it because it ruins the seires!
    The world isn't ready for the truth...

Newbie nalevankomichael is just another face in the crowd nalevankomichael's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that it could have been better ha ha ha its all about the trunks though its crazy though

Newbie brooksyd2 is off to a good start
    Thanks

This movie is clearly aimed at kids, which is a shame as I always thought the Dragonball series to have a more mature tone (despite being on Cartoon Network). It would have been cool to see darker film than this one.

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Question Re: DBZ Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Rave_Grip View Post
    Apparently me and a YouTuber agree. =]
    1. Gokou has a tail.
    2. Gokou does not go to school or even interested in how his name spells.
    3. Gokou was a freakin kid.
    4. Gokou eat a lot.
    5. Gokou is not like a character from High School Musical!
    6. Where the hell is Tien Shinhan and Chiaotzu?
    7. Dragon Balls is created by a namic!
    8. Picollo is released from a rice cooker.
    9. His grandpa died when Gokou stepped on him during transformation to ape form.
    10. And YES! ROSHI is ****ing BALD and HORNY!!!
    1. I think the question is, would you WANT him to have a CGI tail, and have him fail even more? xD This would require CGI and probably wasn't in the budget. xp One could argue his tail was on AND off during Dragonball, but c'mon. Lets have some attempt at similarity here. If they just did a prosthetic tail that WOULD fail. xD
    2. It would have been funny to see if they had characterised him CORRECTLY and put him in a highschool scenario. Otherwise, this also fails. Yes.
    3. I've already mentioned this. They should have got a BLEEDIN' child actor for his part. >_<
    4. Like I said. They characterized him in a manner of FAIL. xD
    5. I honestly thought he seemed similar to Peter Parker or something. o_O I wonder if anyone else thought that too. Maybe its just me.
    6. They weren't in the budget. (ie; Third eye wasn't in the budget, and do you REALLY want to see a CGI third eye that will probably just look fail anyway? Eyes are one of the hardest things to CG. That, and they would have to find someone really, really young, or some kind of small person to play Chaozu.)
    7. This was probably the director/creators thinking up their own plot. Which was VERY hollywood, in the end-up. Noone CARES about monks of any kind, and I dont see WHERE they fit into a plot in upcoming sequels. This will most probably become a loose end.
    8. The Rice cooker wasn't in the budget. : )
    9. Director being "creative". And failing.
    10. This was probably an attempt to make Roshi appealing to the american public. I've hardly ever seen perverted characters in these kindof movies/hollywood adaptions. ;_;

I know what I'm about to say is off-topic, but I hear rumours of a NGE live-action movie sometime. Imagine what FAIL will be unleashed when THAT rears its head. o_o If its ANYTHING like this thing.

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast