+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dragon Ball "Kai"

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Ball "Kai"

This is Japan's remastered version of the Drago Ball Z series, following more closely with the manga which means less fillers!

Toei Confirms Dragon Ball Kai is Edited to Follow Manga - Anime News Network
    Japan's Remastered DBZ to Be Called Dragon Ball Kai - Anime News Network

I've seen some screens comparing this one with the old one but for some reason the site I found them at is currently down so when it comes back up I'll post them as well.

Now... in the light of the new Dragon Ball movie, I wonder if fans will find this a fresh relieve from the anticipated horror?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku Redsquire is off to a good start
    Bonnie Scotland, under a bridge. Och aye. ~<3
    Thanks

Re: Dragon Ball "Kai"

I've heard vaguely of this Dragonball Kai thing, but I was never particularly sure what it was about. >o< By "updating" or "following more closely with the manga", I wasn't sure if they meant cutting scenes from the originally aired anime that WASN'T in the manga (far as I recall, the scene where Goku fell off the Snake Road, and ended up in hell with two stupid looking demon people, it was years ago, I forget the details) or such things as animating NEW scenes that perhaps weren't in the anime, but WERE in the manga? I can't recall these particular scenes, because I havent read the full manga for a comparison.

I also remember that I think the tournament where Goku fought in heaven and stuff against all those other warriors from across the universe and stuff... I can't remember that being in the manga. Does that simply mean their cutting parts like that out? Making it less than it originally was? Because if thats the case, I wouldn't give this thumbs up at all. If its digitally remastered or something, the originally aired DBZ I remember seeing a year or two back on Cartoon Network wasn't particularly *that* in need of updating.

Oh, and Wiki says somewhere that THREE Dragonball movies are planned, apparently.
    Fox is being really weird about it, they chased some guys made-up fan trailer off of YouTube because they were going to make a movie out of it, I suppose? But anyway, from what I've determined, the actual DBZ movie is AGES away from completion yet... unless someone can update me with news on this at all? Any new developments? ;__; Anything at all? x___x;; -Flops-

This Kai thing sounds iffy, but I honestly can't wait for the live-action movie. Out of sheer curiosities sake. If they DO develop a trilogy, and are successful in it, I really can't wait to see what the more "epic" battles will turn out like. I'm holding out hopes for something LIKE the battles from movies like The Matrix, only on a much grander scale. Then again, maybe I'm just fantasising. Still, I'm much in anticipation. ^___^

My name ish Steph! -Poses as cape flaps in wind- DX
    -=::/ Tanshin Art Studio \::=-

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    This is Japan's remastered version of the Drago Ball Z series, following more closely with the manga which means less fillers!

Toei Confirms Dragon Ball Kai is Edited to Follow Manga - Anime News Network
    Japan's Remastered DBZ to Be Called Dragon Ball Kai - Anime News Network
    I thought you may like to know, Dragonball Kai has released it's first two episodes. They are as the webiste implied, being that they are the Original Japanese remake and uncut but enhanced in HD format.

The series starts off from the Dragonball Z saga with the entrance of Raddits.

I myself have searched low and high for any episodes of the original Japanese version with subs for years now, so beleive me when I say it is definentally something you won't want to miss.

:sniffle: It is a great day!

Ps. - Seriously, check it out. I must warn you though, the voices are certainly higher than what you may have come across so far, so don't be too surprised. Also, Dragonball Kai has been released for Japan TV only as of right now.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont much care for dragonball kai, i think that they're just trying to save dragonball z even tho it just doesnt need saving. I personally, wouldn't change a thing at all with the series, i would tho, maybe create a movie, maybe try something new like, a movie with only the human characters because goku, vegeta, theyre sons, and piccolo are trapped somewhere or something.

Newbie gohan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well to be exact:
    Dragon Ball Kai is a version of Z, where producers take DBZ and remastered and recut to a whole new level, it's way better than those CD you find of DBZ in blue ray.
    To clear things, it will cut out fillers, making it shorter and straight to the action. I've been following it and is currently ending the fight between Goku and Vegeta and there has only been 16 episodes so far.
    I must tell you by experience, it looks fantastic, you'll find some redrawn scenes here and there, and colors and shading are improved.
    -Kai- stands for improved, and I recommend it to all if you didn't liked how long Z resulted, making it from 291 episodes to approximately 100.
    You can catch up the episodes in youtube, but I recommend this site which has it organized: &bull; Index page

+ Reply to Thread