+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: DragonBall Z's Anime is Terrible

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: DragonBall Z's Anime is Terrible

Dude you just repeated your self k check what you wright and every section was like three seasons so you have to buy three seasons just to leave off where the last one ended which is alot of money when you come on down to it.
    Last edited by The Beatle; Jun 07, 2010 at 06:33 AM.

Otaku POOHEAD189 is off to a good start POOHEAD189's Avatar
    Thanks

Now i understand that you really love the manga, and after seeing the anime it pales in comparison, but the anime isnt terrible. I grew up watching dragonball and dragonball z animes, and its given me the fighting spirit I now have. And there are some adult versions of the cartoons with blood and cuss words and such.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

The manga is almost always better for me, personally.
    However, I still love DBZ.

I agree that the 3-4 episdes of power up, and all the characters standing around with their friggin' eyes twitching annoyed me greatly. >.> But to me that was part of the fun - I make fun of it all the time.

They made the anime totally G rated. Can you guess why? Market! How many little kids are into DBZ? That's why. Adults AND kids can watch it. Some pockets are being lined with loads of green, I'll tell you that.

The anime isn't horrible, to me personally. But hey - I can understand the frustration you feel here. Loving a manga series, and being excited over the anime, then you get disappointed? Yeah - That sucks.

So I guess I agree and disagree. LOL

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I've only read a few of the manga, I have no opinion there. I'm in love with the series as a whole, no matter how drawn out and repetitive it can be!

I remember when Dragonball came out on weekday mornings--I played sick alot--back in the day (mid 90s or so). Then DBZ came out and I was hooked. I like the action, I like making fun of everyone watching the same character power up for a half-an-hour. I love the bad guys and Goku rocks my socks! Ya gotta look past the bad parts because, they're outweighed by so much good!

The characters are memorable. They made a long lasting impression on most fans of the series. The art is great, in my opinion. Plus, it was a pretty long running series. Any franchise that runs that long, or longer, is pretty ok to me.

BTW: Has anyone acutally SEEN any of the uncut episodes before they're butchered and aired on US televisions? Totally not 'G rated'! I've seen some pretty killer fights. There's so much action missing in some US episodes that pretty much any country in the East kept.
    Last edited by atomik_sprout; Sep 04, 2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: i think i may be lysdexic.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    BTW: Has anyone acutally SEEN any of the uncut episodes before they're butchered and aired on US televisions? Totally not 'G rated'! I've seen some pretty killer fights. There's so much action missing in some US episodes that pretty much any country in the East kept.

AHHH I forgot about the uncut stuff. I guess I was just thinking in terms of what was aired on TV, hahaha!

That's one of the reasons it gets watered down, though, so that kids can watch and get hooked. And true - The action is WAY better uncut.

I agree that the characters are very memorable... I used to run around doing Vegeta impressions and calling people "Kakarot" (spelling? IDK!)... Good times, indeed. DBZ actually got me into more Shonen style series... And even now, when people find out I like DBZ (or I rock my AWESOME Goku t-shirt!!) they say, "OMFG a girl that likes DBZ!?!!!1" *shrugs* So the anime isn't ALL bad.

Banned Blobber Champion, Spiffyspeud Champion, Knockturn Alley Champion, Feed Lindsay Lohan Champion, Satisfaction Champion, Narnia - Rapid Retreat Champion, Matrix Dock Defense Champion, Defend the Attack Champion, Uncover the Imposter Champion, Kong v/s New York Champion, Resident Evil Apocalypse Champion The Beatle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Wait how can I watch the uncut episodes are they on the new seasons that have been released I own three of them (at once four) but they say uncut are they.

Newbie Cloud Leonhart is off to a good start Cloud Leonhart's Avatar
    Thanks

The anime was not as bad as you make it seem. The manga is always better than the manga, but I think that the anime was good enough to watch. The voice actors are what made it bad. For instance, the way Goku was voiced, he should have stayed angry enternally to better his character.

My Photoshop Creation

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Dragon Ball Z rules!!!. Bow before it's golden aura'd fury!!!! *Does over dramatic, muscle flex, & constipated face pose* RAHHHHHHHH!!!

*Ahem* Anyways, I think without DBZ coming to America, Anime wouldn't have caught on as well as it did. Hell, DBZ was one of the cornerstone reasons for Toonami, for ****s sake! Sure, there were episodes better off skipped, and some conversations that were better off cut off by Vegeta, but when the action kicked in, you can damn well bet all eyes in the room were watching.

I have watced some of the uncuts, and those are better. But........I get all nostalgic about what I saw on TV. Watched it from the age of twelve to the age of eighteen. I remember watching it early morning when we lived at the lake during the summer. Outside. In light rain. But......the Toonami days were the golden age.

Didn't like GT one bit though, and I did send the Ginyu Force after those responsible for Dragonball *Shudder* Evolu..........Graaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!*Destructo Discs a skyscraper in frustration. Mass destruction, explosions, loss of life and all that.*Can't even finish saying that name all the way.

Let's forget about the live action movie, shall we?

Anyways, DBZ earned it's spot in the Anime hall o fame, undisputable!
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast