+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Goku--Deadbeat Dad?

Newbie bulma may be famous one day bulma may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Goku--Deadbeat Dad?

Sure, he is a bad dad but this is television, you are supposed to suspend disbelief. Things on any television series do not really mesh with real life. Perfection and Normality do not exist whether it is on TV, movies or in everyday life.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like something Bulma would say.
    But yeah, Goku sucked as a dad..........kinda like mine. Anywho,Vegeta did a better job as a dad. He actually paid attention to his family.
    I think in the real world,Gohan woulda picked an actual fight with his dad a long time ago........and it would be a pay-per-view event. An expensive pay-per-view.Jerry Springer and Steve would commentate on it.
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    But yeah, Goku sucked as a dad..........kinda like mine. Anywho,Vegeta did a better job as a dad. He actually paid attention to his family.
    I think in the real world,Gohan woulda picked an actual fight with his dad a long time ago........and it would be a pay-per-view event. An expensive pay-per-view.Jerry Springer and Steve would commentate on it.
    I'd certainly pay to watch that fight. As far as Vegeta being a better dad...well, he did beat the crap out of Trunks while they were training, but on the other hand, he took his teenage daughter shopping, which anyone knows, is quite the sacrifice for the Saiyan dad.

And just as a reminder--read all posts before you reply. The idea of suspending belief and anime-is-not-real-life has already been addressed. This discussion is only meant to be in fun; an opposition to the hard-core fan base anime (DBZ in particular) has.
    Last edited by gren; Oct 25, 2006 at 08:10 PM.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

He paid more attention to his kids. That's all that really matters as far as being a good father goes......
    And Chi Chi woulda filed for divorce a long time ago......Goku wouldn't have cared. He'd have more time to train.
    Move Along.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    He paid more attention to his kids. That's all that really matters as far as being a good father goes......
    And Chi Chi woulda filed for divorce a long time ago......Goku wouldn't have cared. He'd have more time to train.
    Aside from a few brief moments of caring, all Goku did for Gohan was teach him to fight, and I don't recall him ever doing anything for Goten.

I agree that, realistically, Chi Chi would have divorced Goku's sorry a** early in their marriage, but as soft-hearted as he was, I don't think that he wouldn't have cared. He may have been afraid of Chi Chi's wrath, but even though he promised to marry her before he even knew what marriage was, I think he still cared about her. He just didn't realize the damage that his years-long training and multiple deaths did to the marriage. Once again, I believe this stems from his coming from a planet overrun with testosterone, and (at least as I recall), not a woman in the place.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

Thanks

Women were found on planet Vegeta. Check the Bardock movie if you don't believe me. The women there woulda took less shxt from Goku.
    Move Along.

Newbie skyezero may be famous one day skyezero may be famous one day skyezero's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally think goku and chi-chi should get divorced and screw over gohan's life. that would be interesting. maybe goku would get really depressed and quit on his job and go monkey on his family... and end up becoming super saiyan 999. lolz.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skyezero View Post
    I personally think goku and chi-chi should get divorced and screw over gohan's life. that would be interesting. maybe goku would get really depressed and quit on his job and go monkey on his family... and end up becoming super saiyan 999. lolz.
    Yeah, not only Gohan, but Goten too. They could call it "As Planet Vegeta Turns". But what job does Goku have to quit? That's what makes him a deadbeat (I'm laughing so hard right now it's hard to type).

@TaurusDemon I believe you (I haven't seen the Bardock movie), and now I really want to see it to see what Saiyan women were like. If they didn't take that kind of crap, it's no wonder the remaining Saiyan men (all two of them) took to Earth women so well.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast