+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Goku--Deadbeat Dad?

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Goku--Deadbeat Dad?

On one hand Chi Chi probably would have divorced him within the first couple of years. However there is something we need to realize, if Goku "didn't" train as much as he did, they would "all" be "dead". In fact that may be what makes him train as hard as he does. To "protect" his family, that goes double for Gohan. The reason he spent all of his time with Gohan was probably to prepare him to take his place. He wanted Gohan to be able to protect his family "just in case" he somehow was unable to do so.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Thanks

Let's face it Goku was a typical karate bum. Now that I think about it surprisingly Vegeta was a better fighter.
    I always considered Goku a bum but never as a that bad of father because he used martial arts as a tool to spend time with his son and because he was kind of like those father's who are always away because of their job.

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Goku usually couldn't pay child support anyway. His meal tickets were on gods!! That's the thing that Goku really needs, isn't it?
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, well. There's a cultural thing here too. You find the "hero who goes off and trains for years" theme in many forms in Asian cultures. The spouses are suppost to be proud of them and on the occasions where the spouse strays because of it they are supposed to be pitied instead of the spouse that was left alone for 2-10 years. Face it, he's a cultural Icon to be respected and admired for his commitment to a greater cause.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Not a total deadbeat I guess, but he could use a job... and help CHi Chi out a little. I mean honestly stop getting her pregnant and that would be big help right there. But he's good in the fact that he did teach Gohan to fight and he always does come home to Chi Chi so he's not that bad I guess.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Newbie heavery may be famous one day heavery may be famous one day
    Thanks

In defense to my idol, saving the world is not an easy job to do. He has to train in order to win his battles and he only fights with villains who threats to destroy the world. I think that’s not really a bad thing to sacrifice for.

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

This is exactly why I made this statement earlier. "However there is something we need to realize, if Goku "didn't" train as much as he did, they would "all" be "dead". In fact that may be what makes him train as hard as he does. To "protect" his family, that goes double for Gohan." If he didn't sacrifice and train as hard as he does, Chi chi wouldn't be ALIVE to leave him in the first place!

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Not a total deadbeat I guess, but he could use a job... and help CHi Chi out a little. I mean honestly stop getting her pregnant and that would be big help right there.
    And there you have it. Regardless of his selfless saving of the world and cultural icon status, we can't just ignore the fact that Goku repeatedly ditched Chi-Chi after knocking her up. But to be fair, she could have used the time that he was away to invest in some birth control.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast