+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Goku--Deadbeat Dad?

Otaku Gods_Dragon may be famous one day Gods_Dragon may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Goku--Deadbeat Dad?

That's true, birth control could have helped out a lot. I also think chi chi could at least "attempt" to resume training! If she has enough energy to help Goten with his training, what about herself? Just because she's "human" is absolutely no excuse. Videll has no problem defending herself, and if my memory recalls (and it does) Chi chi was no pushover in the original Dragonball! Goku might stick around more if his wife wanted to train with him. In fact their "fighting abilities" is what brought them together in the first place.

Thanks for the avatar & sig Rave_Grip you rock!
    There is but one judge...
    ~Stay blessed

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Goku isn't a dead beat dad. He reminds me of my dad. He would leave and when he came back he would take me out to eat a lot. My mom would hate it because he would arrive in the middle of the night. We used to live in Jamaica and he lives in England. It was great when he came through the door.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

This is what makes Goku cool tho. Not only does he not have to work, but he gets to fight all the time, now thats a good life, but the getting killed part is so cool

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

>.> well, let it be known that i never liked Goku as a father/husband... for reasons everyone has already stated BUT...

1. i don't think ChiChi would have divorced him... she's a perfectionist... perfect people don't get divorced! Also, she still remembers the olden days together, and probably knew from the get go that Goku wasn't going to be a stay at home dad...

2. even though he ran off all the time and died a bunch... he still did spend quality time with Gohan, enough for him to understand what kind of person his dad was... even though he didn't spend hardly a wink of time with Goten... i don't think either of them cared that much... and that's how they would understand each other...

3. Goku did TRY to be normal for the sake of his family... remember when he and Piccolo went to get their driver's liscence? and Piccolo wore that God-awful shirt? yeah... they failed miserably, but they tried!

all in all, with any other family... yeah, Goku would have been kicked out the house a long time ago... but everyone around him is in the same situation and can all support each other... i think ChiChi is tough enough to stick it out, and i guess they know how to make long distance relationships work out...??? i don't know...

Otaku Sasuke Is Emo may be famous one day Sasuke Is Emo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gren View Post
    A friend and I were casually chatting about Dragon Ball Z and GT one day, and he brought up the point that Goku could actually qualify as a deadbeat dad. Of course this had us in hysterics for quite some time, but the more I thought about, the truer it seemed. Let's look at the facts:

1. Other than repeatedly saving the world, Goku has no real job (at least not one that he gets paid for); his wife often must borrow money from her father to pay the bills and buy groceries.
    2. He's more than willing to run off with complete strangers to "train", often being away from his wife and children for years at a time.
    3. He constantly gets into fights, and has more than once gotten himself killed (this is possibly a scam to avoid child support payments).
    4. He ran out on a very important interview to get his son into a good school because one of his buddies called.

The list could go on, but I haven't watched DBZ in while, so this is all I can come up with for now. So what do you think? Should Chi Chi be serving Goku with divorce papers, or allow him to continue his deadbeat ways just because he's saved her life (and everyone else on the planet's) a few times?
    LOL i wa on the floor laughing when i saw this! but seriously chi chi should shoot goku in between his eyes hes a very bad parent

Newbie big_tigger is off to a good start
    Thanks

Goku isnt deadbeat at all.... its just tht his duty to the universe (saving it from evil.... ya dee ya dee yada....) is more important.

Newbie habte is off to a good start habte's Avatar
    Thanks

Goku is absolutely not a deadbeat dad! He is just too busy saving the universe from its evil to give a damn about his son. That's all.

Banned mr. boondocks is off to a good start
    Thanks

I understand Goku's dilema. He has to save the universe, while raising a son. But nonetheless, he IS a deadbeat dad for not being there for his son.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast