+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most Memorable Moment of DBZ

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Most Memorable Moment of DBZ

*quoting whole post not nesessary* ~ Aceman67

I'm not asking you to say it's the best Anime in history, just pay it respect and pay your dues. give credit when credit is deserved. Without DBZ, half of America wouldn't even know about Anime.
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 17, 2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Removed unnessary off topic and rule breaking information.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Without DBZ, half of America wouldn't even know about Anime.
    Your reasoning is flawed. There are two anime that introduced North America with the art form: Astroboy, being the first anime, and Akira, the first Motion Picture brought over to North America that was in Theaters. With out those two, there wouldn't be the market for anime.

And I think that Pokemon, sailor moon and Digimon had more to do with anime getting to where it is now then Dragon Ball Z did. I remember watching those shows long before Dragon Ball Z (Sailor Moon aired when I was 6, a decade before DBZ first aired in NA) DBZ just cruised in on other series successes. You're giving the series too much credit.
    Last edited by aceman67; Aug 17, 2008 at 01:58 PM.

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Your reasoning is flawed. There are two anime that introduced North America with the art form: Astroboy, being the first anime, and Akira, the first Motion Picture brought over to North America that was in Theaters. With out those two, there wouldn't be the market for anime.

And I think that Pokemon, sailor moon and Digimon had more to do with anime getting to where it is now then Dragon Ball Z did. I remember watching those shows long before Dragon Ball Z (Sailor Moon aired when I was 6, a decade before DBZ first aired in NA) DBZ just cruised in on other series successes. You're giving the series too much credit.
    Not necessarily. Akira was more so aimed at a mature audience where as DBZ was aimed for children (being aired on CN) Sailor Moon, was canceled in American because it fell in comparison to DBZ ratings. (Not saying that Sailor Moon didn't as well get younger kids, like me, into Anime because it did.) Astroboy came out in the 60's I think it was (Hopefully your talking about the original and not the remake because the remake was trash.) ..... and in the 60's ppl didn't refer to it as Anime, just Japanese Animation. Plus nobody in the 90's at our age ( 6 and up) would pay attention to Astroboy when they had something like DBZ to watch. Pokemon and Digimon were also shows that brought Anime into recognition in the 90's, more so Pokemon and Dragonball Z.
    I never EVER said that DBZ solely was the greatest or THE Anime that single-handily won over in North America, just a big contributor. And for that, it should be respected. But still not only for that, but to me and countless others who love DBZ rather than hate it, that it was a great Anime with great action and storyline weather repetitive or not.

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jokerman For This Useful Post:

EmoNightmareRose (Apr 13, 2009)

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

well for me its the part where gohan defeted cell with one arm while his other arm is screwed up, never forget that part and when he turn ssj2
    This world is corrupt
    Save tonight and fight the break of dawn
    I am so alone, I got no one to talk to, please help me

Otaku Shin Ryuga is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i have to say when Vegeta selfdestructed to kill majin buu..... well for me is was my fav moment from DBZ

Thx allot AO 4 makeing me resize this....i'm being sarcastic......

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Heres the thing, even if DBZ was redundant and had its faults it was still a good anime. So what it lived by the typical formula of stories? Most animes are that formula. Good guy wins, bad guy loses. An anime does not have to be complex to be great. DBZ was just awesome, old fashioned bad ass, and thats rare now. Every single thing must have a reason, but DBZ was just good old action. And thats refreshing.

My favorite moment was when Goku first turned Super Saiyan. It took the next step in the series, and was just awesome.The music that went with it also was great.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    And thats refreshing.
    If sitting through an 8 episode power up sequence only for an attack that doesn't effect the outcome of the fight is refreshing, then I don't know what is.

And forgive me for holding writers to a high standard of creativity then most people. I watch anime for its story, not its action; If there is action, Yay, if not, no sweat off my back.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

That's an exageration and you know it.
    Naruto has 8 episode action sequences because they have to explain everything they just did. DBZ was just straight forward badass. And what's wrong with that?
    What's wrong with movies like 300? Is just entertainment hard too ask of an audience?

Because as I recall people never get things like Shojo Kakumei Utena, Watchmen, and complex storylines with undermining philosophy.
    DBZ was long as hell, but it had a right. It was entertaining, and even if the story line was the typical film storyline, it didn't need anything else. It wasn't meant for older people, so of course it wouldn't have a incredibly complex story.
    And everyone knows how much I love rich storylines.

However:

Like I said, A story doesn't have to be complex to be great.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast