+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nudity in Dragon Ball manga

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Nudity in Dragon Ball manga

Quote Originally Posted by levitatinganimelover View Post
    oh so you would rether them show a penis in a manga just because dont come in the thread disreptfully we are posting our opinions and if you dont like it go to a different thread
    A new people. The source of great fun and terrible spelling every single time.
    If Akira Toriyama drew a penis in the manga then that's just how it is. End of story. But say that they do want to censor it for some god-only-knows reason than they are obliged to also release an uncensored version in my opinion.

It's like displaying the Mona Lisa somewhere but erasing her face just because you think she's fugly.

Banned levitatinganimelover is off to a good start levitatinganimelover's Avatar
    Thanks

no its much different yes i agree they could make a uncesnored version if they wanted to and that little thing about if he wanted to draw a penisin a manga then he should be able to yeah if he doesnt want to then he should be able to not draw one without people like you commenting on it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by levitatinganimelover View Post
    no its much different yes i agree they could make a uncesnored version if they wanted to and that little thing about if he wanted to draw a penisin a manga then he should be able to yeah if he doesnt want to then he should be able to not draw one without people like you commenting on it
    Okay... What? What the hell are you talking about now?

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont see a problem with it anyway everyone gonna see one in there life time. kids arnt gonna pay attention to it anyway they just want to someone get blown up and stuff like that. even kids movie have sexullaity {cant spell today} in them i cant rember the rating on dbz becuase i never paid much attention to it.just last friday i went to the simpsons movie and they showed barts penis. it really doesnt bother since every gonna see there share eventually{cant spell again}

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    A new people. The source of great fun and terrible spelling every single time.
    If Akira Toriyama drew a penis in the manga then that's just how it is. End of story. But say that they do want to censor it for some god-only-knows reason than they are obliged to also release an uncensored version in my opinion.

It's like displaying the Mona Lisa somewhere but erasing her face just because you think she's fugly.
    I agree wit u Hassun, if they release a censored version; then there is nothin' wrong wit releasin' an uncensored one. History is swarmin' with artwork that proudly displays nudity, such as the pieces "Birth of Aphrodite" or the sculpture of "David" for examples, and yet I hear of no one desiring ta censor these pieces of art. I think that some of these censors either don' know or forget that kids r not the only ones who read mangas.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I agree wit u Hassun, if they release a censored version; then there is nothin' wrong wit releasin' an uncensored one. History is swarmin' with artwork that proudly displays nudity, such as the pieces "Birth of Aphrodite" or the sculpture of "David" for examples, and yet I hear of no one desiring ta censor these pieces of art. I think that some of these censors either don' know or forget that kids r not the only ones who read mangas.
    The ones censoring that are just uptight people. Medieval Christianity in Europe is the blame for all that stupidity.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I whole heartidly agree with Hassun on this.

As an Artist, I find censorship to be, well, wrong. If an artist wanted to put nudity in his/her work, then so be it. It's their choice. If there's nudity in something you're reading and you don't like it: DON'T READ IT.

Art is an expression of one's soul, whether it be spoken word, poetry/prose, music, or any physical medium, and censorship only infringes on our right of Freedom of expression.

Quote Originally Posted by halo3master View Post
    Kids aren't gonna pay attention to it anyway they just want to someone get blown up and stuff like that.
    Acutally, they're more likely to point and laugh and say "Penis" and then continue reading

Now, let me ask you this then: Bart's penis is shown briefly in the Simpson's movie that came out. Should that be censored?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    The ones censoring that are just uptight people. Medieval Christianity in Europe is the blame for all that stupidity.
    Roger that, man. The censors r jus' way too uptight, they should all find jobs in the laxative industry or somethin'. Has anyone seen "This Film Is Not Yet Rated"? I bet we have a similar situation in this case.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast