+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: UNCUT DBZ Seasons from Funimation

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

UNCUT DBZ Seasons from Funimation

^_^ they're now selling UNCUT seasons of DBZ! like actually uncut! all the swearing and gore and finger flippin that you can handle! they're now on Season 3, the Freiza Saga, and i just wanted to let all the DBZ fans know! it includes the orginal Japanese voices and soundtrack, English dubbing with Japanese soundtrack, and the American TV version! super cool!

i've found them at places like FYE, WalMart and (of course) the Funimation website, and since i'm so nice, here are the links!

Looks like FYE only has Sesaon One, but expesive at $50

Walmart has Season One and Two on the website, but for the best prices at under $30

And of course, Funimation, a reasonable price at $40, you can find Season One and Two here and...

Season Three right here on the official DBZ website

happy hunting!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: UNCUT DBZ Seasons from Funimation

I'd buy the first season. Then stop watching, because rest are well... Crap.
    they just kept re-hashing the plot, over and over.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^o^ awww! but it's all abou the re-hashing! that's what makes the show kick awesome!

who's going to die before Goku gets there?

what level of power do they have to get to???

what wierd side plot will be happening at the most inopportune times?????

^_^ these are the quesions of generations, my friend! and they must be answered! plus Vegeta saying "Cut the Crap!" is totally worth it!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

There are 4 types of people when it comes to DBZ:

1. Those who Love it
    2. Those who Hate it
    3. Those who Love to Hate it
    4. Those who Loath it.

I'm in the 4th category. The first season was really good, it was original, it was fun. The second season, meh, it was ok. Could have done with out the 10 episodes or so of "Charging Up" filler.

The rest, well, it was just more and more of the same: Baddie comes along, DBZ gang shows up, DBZ gang gets ass handed to them and someone dies, DBZ gang go find dragon balls to bring the dead guy back, dead guy comes back 10 times more powerful, baddies get asses handed to them. Rinse, reuse, recycle.

Thanks

^_^ your categories speak truth! i'd have to be in the first one, though i am fully aware of the "short comings of DBZ", but hey! it was the anime that introduced me to anime, so it has a very special place in my heart! with all the charge up and stuff aside, i think it's a really good show, that along with Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT, deserve a place in monumental animes.

^_^ but that's just me of course! Akira Toriyama rocks!

Newbie BrolyFTMFW is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    There are 4 types of people when it comes to DBZ:

1. Those who Love it
    2. Those who Hate it
    3. Those who Love to Hate it
    4. Those who Loath it.

I'm in the 4th category. The first season was really good, it was original, it was fun. The second season, meh, it was ok. Could have done with out the 10 episodes or so of "Charging Up" filler.

The rest, well, it was just more and more of the same: Baddie comes along, DBZ gang shows up, DBZ gang gets ass handed to them and someone dies, DBZ gang go find dragon balls to bring the dead guy back, dead guy comes back 10 times more powerful, baddies get asses handed to them. Rinse, reuse, recycle.
    So you hate dragonball based on one sixth of the story? My apologies.

When is season 4 coming out...anyone know?

Thanks

No, I hate it for its lack of originality in the plot department.

What made Bleach and Naruto (Minus the Filler) so popular was its their complex interweaving plots, some of the plots have even been season or series spanning. DBZ, while great for its time, simply reuses the same plot structure (I know this because while I hate it, I have a 12 year old Nephew who loves it and as a loving uncle, I watch it with him.).

I mean, Good lord, there were 291 episodes, 13 movies, 2 TV specials and an OVA starting from 1989 to 1996. Even if you tried, you can't keep originality flowing that long.

There are just better anime out there, especially for this genre

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I agree with aceman. I honestly quit watching DBZ after the second season. I just couldn't believe that it took like 10 episodes just to make the guy bleed and another 20 just to kill the guy. Out of the 291 episodes probably half of that are good episodes. This is the reason that the original Dragonball is my favorite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast