+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Death Note: The Final Notebook (approved)

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Note: The Final Notebook (approved)

This particular narrative concerns Jericho. It is about 20 years in the future. You see, Jer disappeared about the same time as the story takes place. This narrative is from the view point of a woman who witnessed the events of The Final Notebook and gives her story from what she saw of Jer...

No one knows what really happened to him. I thought this might be a nice, refreshing view to the RP scene

The rain fell heavily, leaving great wet streaks all down her long, grey jacket. Thunder boomed and lightning flashed as she made her way to the run down pub at the end of the road. Wrapping her already soaking coat around her trim figure, she entered the dimly lit bar.

Multiple scents assailed her senses; the aroma of tobacco, strong drink, wood smoke, and the scent of cooking food and unwashed bodies. Pulling up a stool on the bar, she looked at Renshi. Renshi was the tavern keeper, was sliver-haired, barrel chested, and could be anywhere from thirty to fifty years in age. The woman nodded to him, and he gave her a bottle of his beer. Ale really, he brewed his own: best in the city, in her opinion. Thanking him, she spotted a faded photograph. It was her from when she was fifteen, and her brother Kendren, who’s youthful features and cheerful nature had been gone out of her life when he died 20 years ago.

However, it was the third person that really caught her eye: a tall, hard faced man. His eyes, a brilliant cobalt blue, seemed to pierce her very soul. His hair was close cropped, and the long, dark jacket hid a pair of pistols strapped t his wrists. Jericho Cain-he had been a private investigator who had helped her look for Ken all those years ago, and been forced to kill him when they found him chained to a wall in the basement of some warehouse . His captors had tortured him, looking for some notebook he had found, and he had been a shadow of his former self: a broken man.

Too bad he had lost it. They had then pursued his captors, and Jer found them, but then no one knew what had happened. Renshi had been the one to take that picture, when they had originally come to Jericho to find their parent’s murderers. Cain had been the closest thing to a father they had in a long time. She took a deep breath. “I still think he might be alive.” She said finally, taking a deep swig of the brew. Renshi nodded.
    “I don’t know if you know what happened between him and me. When we went to find Ken.”
    “No.” Renshi replied, washing out a mug.
    “It’s been 20 years, and I still remember it as though it were yesterday…” With that, she began to tell the barkeep what had happened.

Jericho Cain was sitting in his dimly lit, run down apartment. A small TV cackled merrily in the corner, while Jer sat on his bed, nursing a small bottle of gin. His life had taken a downturn since nearly 15 years ago: He had followed a lead about some guy that was beating up call girls in Downtown, when a call from high up had told him to leave it alone. Ignoring orders, he had later found about a chairman who had enjoyed beating up the prostitutes for foreplay. When he busted the guy, the resulting fallout had Cain on the road and out of the country. He had been blacklisted by nearly every police and private security-apparently he had some friends in very high places, and the Chairman had called in some favors.

For the next decade, Jericho had been in a downward spiral of booze, drugs, and women. He did his best to help people, and tried even harder to get killed. But he was too good, too well trained: his instincts had kept him moving through the entire ordeal...

The last job he had was tracking down a couple of killers. A pair of teenagers had come to him, and had paid nearly a thousand dollars for the job. Jer couldn’t take the money, but they had insisted on it. So, he had relentlessly tracked them: only to find two dead, and the third half-mad, rambling on about some notebook that killed them, that they were only cover. Jer hadn’t believed them, and brought them to justice.

The boy, Kendren, had found a small, worn, black spiral bound notebook. He had pocketed it, and said maybe it was a journal, that could be used as evidence. Too bad all it turned out to have was a list of names. So, they had said their goodbyes, and the two of them came around from time to time. Jer had become something of a father to them .

If only they really took a good, hard look at me, then they’d see me for what I really am… he mused as the last of the clear liquid burned its way down his throat. There was a tapping sound on his door, and Jericho stood. Stumbling a little, his mind fuzzed by alcohol, he opened the door to see:

“Jer, I need your help,” It was Sakura Omumari, the girl he had helped about a year ago, “It’s Kendren, he’s been kidnapped.” There was a note of concern in her voice, and it was also a little pleading. “The kidnappers snatched him right off the street. They were armed with guns, and I couldn’t…” Jericho stepped inside and gestured for her to enter.

“The perps give any indication of what they wanted? Did you go to the police?” Jer fetched her a soda and then splashed some water on his face, hoping to sober up. No such luck. “Yes, I did go to the police, but without any leads...they couldn’t do anything.” Sakura looked up at him, her expression pleading, “Please Jericho, I need you to find him.” Jericho had practically been their only family since their mother and father died, and he couldn’t say no.

“Alright,” He said, his voice a little slurred, “Just let me sober up a bit and I’ll give you a hand.” He grabbed his Sigs, strapped on the quick draw holsters, and turned to face her. “Let’s go hunting.” Then putting on his coat, the two proceeded out the door, hoping to find a lead, and her brother…

”And that’s how it happened. We started out as a hopeful pair, knowing that we could find him. But if I had known then I what I know now: that I’d loose the very people that I cared for, I would've gone on my own, would've tried to save them.” And with that, the woman went on to continue her tale…

(OOC): Sorry it took so damned long, this kind of narritive tends to be a bit touchy.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

Otaku Halo is off to a good start Halo's Avatar
    somewhere in the darkness with the most beautiful vampiress in the world
    Thanks

(wow, thats actually good, it could be a book if u went on any longer, ya know that is a good idea, write a book lol)
    even when the most powerful being is taken down, there is no hope for peace-zero casey

Thanks

(OOC): Dude, I write short stories and books all the time, although I should actually get around to finishing a few of them.D:

Otaku Halo is off to a good start Halo's Avatar
    somewhere in the darkness with the most beautiful vampiress in the world
    Thanks

i'm currently writing two maybe three books that i really hope to get published, blood roses, black blood and a hunters tale
    even when the most powerful being is taken down, there is no hope for peace-zero casey

Otaku death13 is off to a good start death13's Avatar
    Thanks

*Ryhko stared into your soul with his red shinnigammi's eyes* "And your decision is...?"

(OOC: badass narrative story man. I really got into it, read the whole thing.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by death13 View Post
    *(OOC: badass narrative story man. I really got into it, read the whole thing.)
    (OOC): You know what the bigges bitch is about writing the narritive I posted: It takes a few hours for me to write it, usally editing for content, or incosistancies.

Otaku death13 is off to a good start death13's Avatar
    Thanks

OOC: anyways back to the rp

Ryhko waited for a response from the human.

Newbie Detective Ryuzaki is off to a good start Detective Ryuzaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Name; Yukyo (Pronounced You-ki-oh)
    Age; 15
    Appearance; Yukyo is of average height, with silver hair and blue eyes. He wears a long-sleeved black shirt, and dark jeans. A black and white bracelet occupies his wrist. Upon it is the Christian Cross. Carries around a black notebook with him at all times.
    Personality; Yukyo is very kind, yet remains to himself for the most part. He has no friends and no siblings, leaving him completely alone. He is considered very mysterious by his classmates.
    Race; Human.
    Bio; Yukyo is an intelligent young boy who was abandoned at birth. He lives on his own and attends the same school as Carasume, Zero, etc. He writes his observations upon the pages of a black notebook that he keeps with him at all times.
    "I am chasing someone without a name or a face. He will hear me, but will never see me coming. And when I find him, I will show him what Justice truly means."
    ~ L, Death Note

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast