+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XVI

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy XVI

Hinel watched on as the rocky cliff surface before him shattered upon his and Mary’s approach. Large chunks of boulders cut from the cliff floated in mid-air and rotated around each other as if this was all some kind of coordinated dance movements. Smaller bits of rock gathered in groups and begun rotating around the larger ones like miniature planets revolving around the sun. More boulders crumbled until, at last, an opening could be seen from where the rocks first broke apart: The entrance into the temple.

Mary stepped forward first, bouncing with every step and looking back at Hinel with her hazel colored eyes once every three steps. Hinel had no choice but to follow the young girl, the echoing of his metallic armor reverberated all the way back down into the valley where he knew that village stood, just out of sight beneath the canopy. Hinel felt it in his bones, the magic that controlled this place; it was in the temple, in the ground, in the very air that he breathed. Hinel, being chosen as a Dark Knight had a certain acuteness to the effects of Mana; it disoriented him, made him forget what he was doing, mutated his body that was without armor, and burnt like wildfire in his lungs. Despite all of this, however, Hinel had the urge to chant magical rituals and gain power, but, he thought, that doing so here would surely upset the five gods and goddesses.

Hinel passed through the archway and entered the temple.

Instantly on either side of him rose statues of marble, painted black with silver and gold streaks and white specks rising up from the bottom. There were ten of them in total, five to each side with a duplicated on both sides. Each statue represented one of the five gods or goddesses, the youngest in front and eldest in back. They took different forms: In order they were a Rabbit, Wraith, Griffon, Swan, and a five-headed Dragon representing Undais. They each had red, piercing eyes. There was also a faint hissing sound coming from their direction that gave the impression of the statues being alive.

Hinel closed the huge black wood doors behind him and peered everywhere inside the temple with an almost scholarly interest. The first room was a large enclave reaching far up the mountain’s interior sloping with bending blocks of wood until it reached a domed area where all the beams converged. Statues of bronze made of religious figures (Summoners, Priests, Mages, and Dark Knights to name a few) lined the outer walls. A low hymn could be heard with an all powerful calming force hidden within the verse. Figures wrapped in black robes and hoods were wandering around the temple with what looked and smelt like incense cupped in their hands.

Hinel stalked up to Mary who stood in the center of the enclave talking to a robed priest.

“I have a Dark Knight with me,” said Mary to the priest. He nodded and looked behind her at Hinel. Then she said some stuff that Hinel couldn’t catch through his helmet. After a moment of conversation, the priest turned to Hinel, walking past Mary to speak with him.

“Greetings, Mister Dark Knight,” said the priest with a slight bow. Hinel returned the bow and over his hand, but otherwise gave no inclination of returning any further sentiments. When the priest realized that Hinel was not going to speak, he continued with a smile, “Have you ever heard of the Elder Gods, Alpha and Omega?”

“I was not aware that there were others, besides the five,” replied Hinel. He loved talking about religion, it fascinated him, philosophy of others. “Why do you ask?”

“Come, let’s walk,” said the priest as he led him away from the main chamber room and up a flight of stairs in the back and on the right wall. Hinel followed. “We worship the Alpha and Omega in addition to the five. We believe that there are other gods out there, hidden by choice or by force. The Alpha and Omega, we believe, aren’t their true names… we still know so little.”

“Perhaps I’m over thinking this, but you do realize that I’ve sworn my loyalty to Lord Undais, right?”

“Yes, of course, how else could you have become a Dark Knight?” The priest had a smile of a cynical old man lecturing a small child. “But let’s forget about Lord Undais for now—” the priest motioned a small prayed with his hands, paused, then looked back at Hinel “—I’ve been asked to broaden your horizons.”

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zyta For This Useful Post:

darkninja (Aug 22, 2009)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Xanas and the Oogway slowly make their way to the gang’s hideout.

“S-Shinkie, I really d-did well?”

Shinkie: “Yeah, you did real well. Why if you keep this up we might just have to make you a full fledged member of the group.”

But before the conversation could continue, a loud beeping noise began sounding from the craft’s sensors: BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. Shinkie quickly runs to the front of the craft.

Oogway gang member: “Shinkie it’s coming right for us, identifying, identifying…I-i-it’s a Visrus!”

Shinkie: “Visrus! It’s a large one too. Quickly everyone man your stations! Scatter formation! Don’t get too close to it.”

Fervently each craft did as Shinkie commanded however it was too late, the Visrus had already made it upon them and began attacking, ripping the first craft in half with just one blow. Shinkie in a state of panic yells to the group.

Shinkie: “Scatter & Weave! SCATTER & WEAVE! It can’t chase us all if we go different directions, SCATTER.”

The remaining crafts trying desperately to do as Shinkie had instructed them begin crisscrossing and weaving around the trees in the swampland in an effort to avoid the beast but the Visrus was just too fast and tore trough another ship before quickly turning to yet another.

Shinkie: “NO, NO, NO! We have to do something or it will destroy us all! Quickly sound the horn, SOUND THE HORN”

Reluctantly the Oogway gang member begins to sound the horn, knowing this will most likely draw the mighty Visrus’s attention to them.

Shinkie: “Now listen; you have to keep it behind us. Let it get close and as soon as I tell you to turn the burners on high.”

Oogway gang member: “But Shinkie, this part of the marsh is too dense to use the burners I won’t be able to navigate through the trees.”

Shinkie: “We have a better chance of navigating the trees than fighting that thing, maybe if we hit it with the burners it will be dazed long enough for us to get away.”

Oogway gang member: “And if it doesn’t!?”

Shinkie: “….Then at least the other members will be able to get away. Now keep sounding that horn!”

The piercing sound of the horn draws the Visrus’s attention and as expected it chases after Shinkie’s craft. The craft weaves in and out of the trees but is loosing ground quickly to the Visrus which is nearly upon them.

Shinkie: “Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it….NOW, hit the burners NOW!!!”

The gang member doing as instructed hit the burners which covered the Visrus in afterburner from crafts engines causing the beast to let out a furious roar and momentarily stop.

Oogway gang member: “W-we did it!”

No sooner had he spoken then the engines began to sputter and then completely cut off. Fervently turning the engine over and over, the craft refused to crank. Now having regained its composure the Visrus makes its way to the stalled out craft.

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

As I Walk the streets of USE the moon shines soo brightly that theres no need for street lights. Wow who would have thought all the way out here would be so illuminate. I wonder how everyone at home is doing? Countinuing to walk around I happend to come across a building of sorts that sounds like some strange activity was going on. Hm, better check this out.

Using my stealth skills I soon run into the hooded man from earlier. Hey it's that guy from earlier!? I walked up behind him and tapped him on his shoulder hoping he wouldn't be to flinchy.

Otaku walterguy is off to a good start walterguy's Avatar
    Thanks

The hood man was one of the guard posted an the time as Ryu touch him he fell to the ground and at that moment Kyo was behind Ryu with he's bow and arrow pulled back and only inches away from Ryu's heart.

"So how do you what it quick now or later?" said Kyo as he is cloaked in the shadows of the darkness waiting to see what the person will do.
    hi

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

SHEESH!, no one around here is friendly at all. Anyway whats going on? I was just wondering around and happend to come across this place is all. Besides do you REALLY think an arrow is faster than a "speeding bullet"!?

He says while aiming his revolvers at the cloaked man. But really i'm just here to help if you need it i'm bored no one here knows how to greet foreingneers. *sign*

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

OOC: Time to kick start this again.

BIC:

In other parts of Eorzea... Dex's Story...

To one who knew him in years past it might have seemed strange to see the man sitting in the semi-lively pup, sitting in the back alley of some nowhere town in Orlyn. But Dex, at the moment, would not have concerned himself with things, for he had no reason to do so.

His hair was a mellow shade of brown, sleek, yet somehow messy, sitting under a dark fedora like hat. A grin played across his face as the cards were dealt in front of him, he lifted his glass of liquor to his lips and sipped it before setting it down and glancing to the dealer. “You dealin’ the cards or tellin’ me my fortune?”

He smirked as the dealer gave an exasperated eye roll and began passing out the cards. He glanced around at the other players at the table, and, at the same time, the non involved, late night patrons of the pub. There was a mix of different people here, Ruffians, Drunks, Fathers looking for a small reprise, Old Swords who needed a drink… You could always tell at least a margin of someone’s story from the way they dressed.

Dex himself was dressed in an un-extraordinary manner. Nothing he wore looked expensive. In fact some articles looked quite poorly made, and, at a glance, he looked like a rouge. However, if one looked closely, with a trained eye, there were some strange things about the man, while he dressed in this lowly manner, there was still some class to be seen, so, while looking cheep, he somehow at the same time looked like one of the most proper gentlemen in the pub.

So too was the way he held himself. It was subtle, and perhaps not pride, but a mild hint of airy confidence on the man; a confidence unbefitting a man in his situation. So, even though he had come to the card table somewhat recently, he seemed right at home in his chair, friendly with everyone. In fact, he seemed more comfortable than some of the more frequent gamblers, even though he was not up enough in winnings to justify this.

However this was not to be noticed, as he glanced at his cards, with a planned shadow of a grin and tossed some chips into the pile.

Dex sipped his drink and leaned to look over his shoulder in the bar. There was occasionally a fight in these small nowhere bars, but this was a late night and a card game was going on, it was common courtesy not to make a commotion on one of these nights, not to mention not many locals of the small Orlyn town were the type to cause trouble. He sighed and saw the small frame of a young child standing near two shadily dressed characters. He sighed and called out.

“Would you mind kindly getting’ that child out of here? I do believe this is not a fitting place for one.” He quickly glanced at his cards and tossed a few chips and then laid the cards face down on the table, turning his full attention to the scene behind him, more out of curiosity than concern. Nothing interesting ever happened here.

The ranger watched as the girl was flung upon the floor, her form issuing a quick sob as it made collision with the ground. He closed his eyes for a moment, seeming reluctant as he sighed deeply before reopening them, his gaze coming to rest on the other rogue.

"You're making a scene." he spoke, extending a gloved hand with the palm open towards the other man, "How about I take that potion off your hands and we let everyone get back to their business?" he suggested with a tone that conveyed that it wasn't really a suggestion at all, but rather a command, or at the very least, a "strong recommendation".

Dex was watching the scene now, more intently, without glancing back at the card table he tossed a few more chips in as a raise and lifted his drink once more halfway to his lips. This is what children did when children wanted to be seen as adults, however the adults should at the very least should not take advantage of the poor sods, was it their fault they didn’t know any better? Where was the sport in stealing from children.

He shook his head and set his drink down without ever taking a sip. He was unimpressed, both rouges seemed to be making an awful mess of things. Handling the situation in an unnecessary manner, one that was likely to escalate to violence, however it seemed that the ranger, at the very least, was trying to put the fight out of the less experienced figure. He sighed, and stood up. He did not really care to get himself involved in the matter, but if violence was going to ensue, it could cause an awful fuss in his card game, someone might think it a proper time to flee without offering him his rightly earned winnings, not to mention that a bar fight was no place for a young potion maker.

“And of course the young… merchant… will be paid for her work,” He grinned putting his hand on the rangers shoulder, very carefully acting slightly drunk to disarm the opponent; put them off thoughts of violence. He reached into this pocket and pulled out 150 gil, leaned down and looked the kid in the eye.

“Here yah are, child… yes, I said child. Take it not as offence that you don’t receive the full price, your age, at least on my behalf, is not the factor at play here.” He sighed, glancing up at the rouge trying to cheat the young child, Dex was already paying more gil than he offered. He glanced back to the girl,

“You are a young merchant, no reputation, no proper shop, dealing in a back town pub,” he now spoke very quietly, to the girl directly, “many people take it as offence that you expect the full price without proving your mettle, take the money and you will turn a profit on your mixture at the least.” He handed her the gil, glancing at the ranger, showing that he meant to ill will by his interference.

“Thank you, sir, for your kind words.” She said to Dex and put the gil in her belt pouch.

“I will think about what you said until next time.”

She took another look at the Ranger before saying anything; she really had enough of rogues for one night. But somehow she could not help but to feel excited about the whole situation, it was such an immense feeling, the rush of danger and adventure. What she really wanted was just to try and go with them, maybe work as a healer or poison supplier; anything to feel this way again.

Meadow didn’t know what to say really so the only thing she could think of was;

“…Thank you… I guess I’ll be going now then…” She said with those big blue eyes that would make any warlord or hero melt inside.

Dex rolled his eyes as he stood up, grabbing the sleeping potion as he did so, and all the drunkenness in his act suddenly melting away. Yet again he looked, as he had before the incident, a figure of class and style. He straitened his shirt and put on a wryly grin.

“That would be for the best,” His eyes met with the child’s. He had no love of playing the good guy, and he most certainly had no love of parting with his gil, especially for something as silly as this. But it had been necessary, and not set him back much at all, and, even though the child had been a right pain in the ass, he couldn’t help admire the fact that she still managed to put that look in her eye. If he hadn’t been a con man of sorts himself, the look would have broken his heart.

He paid the rouge who started the mess no further heed and turned to face the ranger. “I believe you won’t mind if I keep this little trinket,” He held the vial of potion in front of him, “I did after all, pay for it rightfully.”

He kept the grin on his face, however he was troubled, he hadn’t meant to stay in this town, his current port of harbor one could say, for much longer anyways, but it might be for the best if he packed up and moved on in a hastily manner.

A thief, until now was concealed in darkness, invisible, approached Dex from behind, and stealthily placed a hand inside his pocket. Not to take what was not his, but to place inside it a card. Upon withdrawing his hand, the thief spoke in a whisper to Dex.

“Captain Dex, we’ll be waiting.” Then the thief melted back into the shadows, his figure was lost if Dex turned round. The thief was gone. Inside Dex’s pocket was the single card with the words, printed in black ink:

Come to the Aerodome. Dock 17. 3:30. Tonight. We have a job for you.
    Sincerely, Wouldn’t you like to know?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku walterguy is off to a good start walterguy's Avatar
    Thanks

OCC: DOn't know if you these rpg is still good but what the heck??

Kyo pulls back the arrow ferther will hearing the guys gun being pointed at him through the cloak. Then in seconds Kyo notice a group of guards coming down the hal. Quickly Kyo pulled the guy into the room were he hind at first and pend him against the wall.

"SSSSHHHHHH!" Kyo said softly at the guy covering he's mouth.

After a few minutes of hearing the foot steps of the guards coming Kyo know that there be two men coming there way. Kyo pointed to the open hall then put two fingers up. Then Kyo let go of the guy completely and crouch down with sword at the ready. Then as the guards came closer the rooms door Kyo pot out of the room and grabbed a guard near the door and stabbed under the armor of the guard. Leaving the other guard open to attack Kyo.
    hi

Newbie jimmyalan is off to a good start
    Thanks

Hello guys, The Final Fantasy XIV video game is a interested game , I like to play games with full entertainment, I played this game last sunday ..This game is an amazing game..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast