+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting the Box of Key

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Getting the Box of Key

Chapter One

Zyta appeared in front of the Maze. It was a many feet gate he was looking at now. He was dressed in a dark cloak, a hood covering his face as his alert eyes inspected the environment.

The One Who Enters Shall Escape With The Thought Of The Past

That was the inscription on the top of the gate. As Member of Anime Online, Zyta could enter. He moved his black gloved fingers over the bars of the huge gate that reached many, many feet in the sky, almost in a gentle, caressing matter. The Gate responded by unlocking, and slowly opening wide, showing a path surrounded by huge walls, that led deep into the huge Maze.

He smirked slightly. He would have about an hour before any of the others supervisors of Anime Online would realize his plan to get the Box of Key, the item that was said to control Anime Online, to anyone who possessed it. But to get there, there were various protections put up by the ancient masters of Anime Online.

Like, no magic or any of such casting or abilities could be used inside the Maze, by no one, except the creatures or spells that reside inside the Maze. It would all come to his agility and strength, and quick thinking. The Masters created the defense keeping in mind only they could enter it without worries, knowing the traps and counter attacks needed. And now they died, no one could get out of the Maze alive, the knowledge they were holding, now lost.

His footsteps were silent as he began walking down the path leading inside the Maze. This was an opportunity he could not let go, and he would have to trust on his cunning and strength to get to the Box of Key and gain control of what was rightfully his.

Even knowing that the loyal Anime Online protectors and members would come after him, he also knew some would aid him, as he promised them power and might, together with him. With a slow yet steady walk, he ventured into the darkness of the Maze, as the walls blocked out any light from entering...
    Last edited by zyta; Jun 18, 2009 at 08:03 PM.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Getting the Box of Key

Vincent walked in quietly behind her. His feet made no sound. He glanced around quickly. It was dead silent. 'Creepy' He thought, 'Very creepy.' Nevertheless, he continued forward. He had sworn he wold provide his sevices and he was not about to go back on his word now.

Otaku DangerGirl is off to a good start DangerGirl's Avatar
    Thanks

DG Looks at the entrance of the maze, then back the way she came.

"Eewwwww, i hope i dont have to kill any more of those wierd tentacley things. I'm gonna be getting their slime out of my hair for weeks." She says as she adjusts her miniskirt and leather jacket.

'ehhh, bare midrift might not have been the best idea for spelunking' she thinks as she moves her armblades to a more comfortable position on her hips.

looking around she sees footprints in the dust. "Guess i get to follow the trail, hope i catch up soon. This place looks...dirty."
    Last edited by DangerGirl; Jun 18, 2009 at 10:21 PM.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Zyta guessed he was inside about an hour now and still he was alone. He already crossed many paths and twists and turns, but no visible opponent or trap had risen yet. With his black cloak wrapped around him, his watchful eyes felt the air vibrate softly, signaling that it would nullify any magic related ability he would use. It all came down to brain and muscle. Yet he had an advantage, they had not...the advantage that caused him to be here in the first place. His mind wandered off to that fateful day, the day he got special information after torturing an old criminal...

As he moved inside the tomb, the air got colder and colder as his gloved hand held onto the torch. He stood countless feet below the ground now, right below the main HQ of Anime Online, a hidden passage to the tomb of the Ancient Masters, the ones who created Anime Online and gifted the people living in it, with extraordinary powers. He had carefully been able to disable any traps he had encountered, his dark magic aiding him.

But finally, he reached the large tombs. Seven of them, put in a circle, with strange markings on the floor in the middle of them. After disabling some of the traps, they were not that difficult to disable, since it was supposed to be a sacred place, he kneeled down at the markings on the floor. His gloved hand moved over the hieroglyphics and signs, trying to translate them.

Thou will find what you seek in Three, but will release a deadly plague.
    Hence it should be wise to seek what you hate, which will be located in Four, spreading dead and gore.
    Energy will consume your soul as you open Seven
    Not to forget the passion that will rise from Five,
    Unlocking a surprise that will make you not come out Alive.
    Maybe what you seek located in One
    But remember One is the start of horror and not one to be forgotten
    Excited you shall be upon opening Two, yet,
    Remembering One, Two is not far from it.
    Only Six remains to be told, it shall withhold, something far greater then your own soul
    Nonetheless time is ticking and entering this tomb caused your death,
    Enter now, make your choice, before you have no time left.

His eyes widened a little as he stood up. Basically, the riddle told of a danger and certain death in all of them, and if he wouldn't open any of them, he would die by some mechanism activated when he entered the tomb! He cursed the Ancient Masters softly, as he had underestimated them. This riddle would be harmless for the one that had the right to be here, and deadly to the one not being here. Yet...

He thought as he breathing became heavier. Trying to ignore that, he tried to think rationally. The Ancients were known for playful riddles and fairytales... and what kind of riddles they often used in old fairytales? He found it even harder to breathe by the second as he saw flashes dancing in front of his eyes.

He could not give up now. Not while he was close to...

His eyes widened as he walked around the positioned symbols, and saw a certain repeating of the way the words were placed. He mumbled it softly as he had a certain fairytale called 'The One Who Entered Escaped By Thoughts Of The Past' in his head, and the riddle in the story.

"Thou will find what you seek in Three, but will release a deadly plague.
    Hence it should be wise to seek what you hate, which will be located in Four, spreading dead and gore.
    Energy will consume your soul as you open Seven
    Not to forget the passion that will rise from Five,
    Unlocking a surprise that will make you not come out Alive.
    Maybe is what you seek located in One
    But remember One is the start of horror and not One to be forgotten
    Excited you shall be upon opening Two, yet,
    Remembering One, Two is not far from it.
    Only Six remains to be told, it shall withhold, something far greater then your own soul
    Nonetheless time is ticking and entering this tomb caused your death,
    Enter now, make your choice, before you have no time left."

He couldn't breathe anymore, but the last words he could utter were: "The Number One!" While saying this he moved to the tomb with the hieroglyphic 'One' on it, and used all his remaining strength to remove the top of the tomb, which went fairly easy. Closing his eyes, expecting to die on the spot, he found air returning to his lungs. He inhaled deeply and uncontrollable as he regained control soon again, looking inside the tomb. He saw a skeleton laying there with a golden crown on top of its skull, still shining as never before. The Skeleton was holding some dirty parchment.

He grinned widely as he took it out and unfolded it. The so called 'blueprints' of the Maze of Anime Online, which held the Box of Key was now in his possession...

Coming back to thoughts while walking in the Maze, he remembered memorizing the blueprints, and then burned it. He was the only one with that knowledge in his head now. But something made his breathing choke. Something in front of him...

In the light of the torches on the walls, a large figure became visible. It was about 15 feet tall, was wielding a huge club with nails on it, a horn on his head, and had only one eye, and wearing nothing but some cloth at his waist. The Cyclops snarled, drooling from his sharp teethed mouth, looking down on the cloaked figure that was trespassing on his masters Maze. He would need to kill the puny creature.

Zyta gasped and jumped back, his cloaked moving around him as he revealed two long black katana in his gloved hands, ready for battle as a serious look on his handsome face became visible as the hood fell down. The Cyclops roared deafening with a sound that anyone could hear in the Maze as it attacked.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Otaku FangBloodthirst is off to a good start FangBloodthirst's Avatar
    Thanks

Fang walked behind the girl in the leather jacket carful not to let her see him. If there were any traps to set off he wanted her to be ther one that did it. Fang heard a defening roar coming from somewhere deep within the maze. It seemed that someone was already fighting the creatures he heard so many tales of. He keep a tight grip on his sword ready for any creature or at lest that is what Fang hoped.
    Live Life Or Die

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

I glanced around the maze. I had lost sight of them as I was thinking. I sighed. I started to bacttrack but I knew I was lost. I turned around again and started walking. No where to go but forward...

Otaku DangerGirl is off to a good start DangerGirl's Avatar
    Thanks

walking quickly through the dark corridors DG starts to get worried, she knows its a maze, she was never very smart, she was always just good at fighting. Looking at the ground again to make sure she was following the footprints still she noticed some slight indentations inside a dust footprint in the material that made up the maze.

"eh?" she said outloud to no one. Kneeling down she realizes it's anchient writing of some kind and knowing it might be useful later she lays some paper over it and rubs chalk against the paper getting the outline of the strange symbols.

Putting it in her small backpack she started to move forward only to hear a grinding sound, stopping to look around the floor fell out from under her.
    As quick as she could she did the splits stopping her fall only a few feet down the hole, but she couldn't reach the ledges to get out.

"Awww man...." DG cries out. "This sucks, this is why i hate doing these kind of things alone. now how am i going to get out of here."

Otaku FangBloodthirst is off to a good start FangBloodthirst's Avatar
    Thanks

Fang almost fell into the trap set up by the makers of this maze. The girl he was following wasn't so lucky she was hanging onto the wall by her feet. He smiled a little at that, but quickly frowned realizing that if he wanted to keep going he would have to help her. Good thing I am fast Fang thought as he walked back a few steps then ran forward running along the wall, going just above the girl. He landed on the other side turned around and took out a cable he had in his pockets. "Grab hold," He shouted as he threw the cable at the girl.
    Live Life Or Die

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast