+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Getting the Box of Key

Otaku FangBloodthirst is off to a good start FangBloodthirst's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Getting the Box of Key

The smell of blood was becoming more potent in the air around him. There was somthing else coming it was big and powerful. Just as he rounded the corner a great axe swong next to his head and just missed him. "Get back" Fang yelled at the girl, removing his cloak he ran forward at the minator unsheathing his blade in one quick movment. He cut the beast, making a deep cut on his left shoulder. I need my magic Fang thought, he was a strong sword fighter, but he built alot of his fighting tatics around his sword and magic attacks. "O well," said Fang, "guess I take you down the old fashion way." He ran forward dodgeing the great axe in the minators hand by a few inches and taking another cut in the beast legs.
    Live Life Or Die

Otaku DangerGirl is off to a good start DangerGirl's Avatar
    Thanks

"get back? ohhh my KNIGHT in shining armor....yeah right." She yelled as she ran towards the minotaur jumping highing the air twisting through a summersault and slicing into the right side of its face cutting across its eye. "I aint helpless you know."

The minotaur roared in defiance as it took a swing at her. Dodging the blade with a few inches above her head she smiled creepily causing the minotaur to become quiet for a few seconds.

"heheh, this axe aint goin nowhere you giant walking coat...i got the thing jammed into the wall" She said as she moved away showing that there were spikes rammed 2ft into the wall holding the axe there.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Renn walked up to the entrance. She was...oh what was the word? Ecstatic? Thrilled? She wasn’t quite sure. She remember someone telling her about the Box of Key, but never thought much of it. Now…she had to get. Why? Who knows. It didn’t matter right now. She stood at the entrance. “Hmmm…. Well, this seems…Interesting??” Renn shrugged. She ventured in.

It was dark. That was fine by her, though it made it hard to see. She placed one of her hands in front of her. She wasn’t sure what she might bump into here. It was a very strange place. She then felt her hand brush something. Renn realized it was a door. Should she go in? No duh. There was no point in going back. Like she once heard, ‘Can’t go forward if you keep looking back.’ It was one of her favorite sayings. She pushed open the door. The room brighten, causing Renn to flinched. She had been use to the darkness. When she looked in, she saw, what seemed to be an…arena area?? She hadn’t come unprepared. Renn took out a dagger she had. She stepped out slowly. The room had darken a little. It reminded of the coliseum she had seen in her Humanity class. She smiled ruefully, remembering it was one of the few things she listen to in that class.

As she reached the center, she felt a presence. The room had darken and all that was left were torches all around the circular arena. Except four. They were around the center of the arena. Renn stood there, waiting. As if it knew, a beast appeared. It seemed to come from the ground itself. It was an ugly brute. Even though they were a few feet away from each other, she could smell the terrible stench from it.

“Prepare” It said in a voice that reminded her of Shadow from one of her favorite games. She chuckled. Her and her video games. She took a battle stance

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

So far so good He thought this to himself, he hadn't met anything yet that he couldn’t deal with, and he had gone pretty deep in the maze. His eyes were constantly aware despite this, he was in enemy ground, he could not drop his defense no matter how calm everything seemed.

He wound past twists and turns, the dirt on the wall falling rhythmically as he kept his hand set on the right wall. The wall had a wet grainy feel to it, moss, dirt, weeds; they all were set in every crack. This made him wonder, it was a magical place, yet it looked so old, so decayed... how glorious was this place when it was first erected?

He walked and keeping his hand on the wall rounded a dead end and continued going the other way. He wasn't running, but his feet were moving quickly... He still didn't know what he was going to do. He wasn't going to help Shadow... but would he help Dreamers Haven? He didn’t know. He breathed in and smelled that old smell of wet dirt and rain... a haunting smell.

"Stop"

the voice spoke out of nothing, Zyta looked around, his eyes looking around for the source of the noise, he wasn't surprised when there was nothing to be found. He stopped and waited, compliant.

"Who are you?"

Zyta looked up and then to each side, he realized there was no way he was going to find the voice... "I am Zyta..."

There was silence at first and then the voice spoke again "No your not... Why do you lie to me?"

Zyta was slightly taken aback "I'm not lying to you"

The voice responded quickly this time with a bit of haste in his voice, "I know Zyta is not your name, why do you claim that?"

Suddenly he understood, strange how he had almost forgotten, he nodded, "You are correct in a way I suppose... but if you know the truth, then you know why Zyta is the only answer I can give you."

Silence again, and then "I see... very well." The voice was calm, almost sweet. "My new friend," It continued "Why are you here?"

"I came here to get the Box of Key... but I don’t know why I actually chose to come." Zyta spoke truth.

"I see... Why are you honest?" The voice sounded curious.

"I have no reason to lie to you I guess." It was the best answer he could give.

The voice gave a girlish chuckle, "I like you... it’s been along time sense I saw someone new... the last man I met lied to me,"

"Thank you... what should I call you?" He asked,

"You want to know my name?" The voice sounded taken aback... "Well... I forget..."

"You and me both," Zyta grinned, "Well then girly, can you help me,"

The voice paused for a moment then answered, "I don't know, I'm not supposed to... but..." The voice hesitated; Zyta smiled softly, something he normally didn’t do to strange voices he heard in magical mazes... the voice continued... "Will you keep calling me that? Can that be my name?"

Zyta grinned "Of course Girly, that can be your name."

There was a slight giggle, "Keep going, I will help you when I can... and..." The voice paused and Zyta was almost sure he could see two small eyes flicker in the dark air... "Thank you for being kind..."

Suddenly Zyta felt a chill wash over him, and the halls seemed brighter, he could tell the voice was gone. He looked around slightly nervous, he wasn't sure if he had done the right thing. Why would a challenge in this place seem so real, have so much free will. Had this place been around so long that its inhabitants had forgotten there reason for being here... or was that voice really just lonely after so long? Zyta shook the thought out of his head and with a new sense of foreboding walked forward.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Newbie Francis is off to a good start Francis's Avatar
    Thanks

One

Why did I go for a conventional-sounding handle like Francis?

Rhetorical question, don't answer. I mean, maybe I could've gone for something that sounded more kick-ass, like "Vlade", or something Japanesey, like "Hikaru Katada". Or I could've played an emo goth trap, and call myself "EmilyStrange666" or something. But that wouldn't be me. So Francis I am, and Francis I will be for the rest of my confinement here in this, um, whatever-this-is. At least that's what this here note says:

Zyta appeared in front of the Maze. It was a many feet gate he was looking at now. He was dressed in a dark cloak, a hood covering his face as his alert eyes inspected the enviroment.

The One Who Enters Shall Escape With The Thought Of The Past

That was the inscription on the top of the gate. As Member of Anime Online, Zyta could enter. He moved his black gloved fingers over the bars of the huge gate that reached many, many feet in the sky, almost in a gentle, carressing matter. The Gate responded by unlocking, and slowly opening wide, showing a path surrounded by huge walls, that led deep into the huge Maze.

He smirked slightly. He would have about an hour before any of the others supervisors of Anime Online would realize his plan to get the Box of Key, the item that was said to control Anime Online, to anyone who possessed it. But to get there, there were various protections put up by the ancient masters of Anime Online.

Like, no magic or any of such casting or abilities could be used inside the Maze, by noone, except the creatures or spells that reside inside the Maze. It would all come to his agility and strength, and quick thinking. The Masters created the defense keeping in mind only they could enter it without worries, knowing the traps and counter attacks needed. And now they died, no one could get out of the Maze alive, the knowledge they were holding, now lost.

His footsteps were silent as he began walking down the path leading inside the Maze. This was an oppurtunity he could not let go, and he would have to trust on his cunningness and strength to get to the Box of Key and gain control of what was rightfully his.

Even knowing that the loyal Anime Online protectors and members would come after him, he also knew some would aid him, as he promised them power and might, together with him. With a slow yet steady walk, he ventured into the darkness of the Maze, as the walls blocked out any light from entering...

--- Just a quick note, every one entering will be using a character that has the same name as their username. I.E. if Chief wants to enter, his character's name will be 'Chiefblackhammer'. There is no need for intricate character sheets, just make up your character as we progress through the RP.
    In other words, I can't change my persona to "Thorm Hellsong", wield a vorpal sword, and swagger 'round the block like I own the place.

That's OK. Being just Frankie's perfectly fine with me. Hey, I even got me a bag o'tricks, but more on that later.

Anyways, I didn't step into this place on my own volition. I don't even know where this place is at. So how did I end up here?

Two words: Colt 45.

Gawd, I've been told once, I've been told a thousand times... I'd always end up smashed to itty bits after chugging bottle after bottle of Colt 45 in quick succession. But what can I say? People were cheering me on at that time, and I certainly didn't want to let them down. Plus beer and fries were free courtesy of my BFFs du jour. I knew there was a catch somewhere, my Frankie-sense was a-tingling like crazy, but did I pay attention? Nooooo. Such a genius, I am sometimes.

So the moment I found myself here, I gave the place one quick look-around and told myself, "Well Frank, you've really done it this time. Might as well hunker down, 'cause when you wake up, all this'll go back to the way things were. More or less."

I did.

I woke up hours later.

I looked around. Same thing.

As to how I reacted to all this, I'll let you fill in the rest.

So now I'm stuck here with a l'il bag o'tricks containing this nice Moleskine, a Bic ballpoint, a miner's helmet with a rather nice torch mounted on the front side, and a walking stick - as to how that fit in the bag, I dunno. "Here", by the way, is a cell about 6 feet long, 6 feet wide, and I'm not sure how many feet high. Miles, maybe? I hope it's not thousands. Or gajillions. No doors or windows within immediate reach. Light comes from a source up above (cue Gospel music), and I'm not sure if that's a chandelier hanging up there, or something else.

There doesn't seem to be a way to climb up. I can't just waltz out of here, either. No doors, no windows, just walls made outta stones and mortar. So in the meantime, I'll just take a closer look at my surroundings, and study the cryptic note a bit more. Maybe there's a Bible-code-ish clue hidden somewhere, if I rearrange the letters to form a word search grid.

I don't know how my BFFs got me in here, but those jokers better watch out once I haul my ass out of this hole.

I'll be putting down the pen and notebook for now. As anyone who's taken calligraphy classes knows, writer's cramp sucks.
    Last edited by Francis; Jun 22, 2009 at 04:08 AM. Reason: "...and I'm not sure how many feet HIGH"
    If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?

Sig courtesy of kittypurrrrfect

Thanks

Fang ran forward and buried his blade in the left eye of the beast. He pulled out his sword and let the minotaur fall to the ground. "I never said you were helpless," Fang said sheathing his blade and looking at her, "I just didn't want to worry about cuting you up while I was fighting." He walked forward taking a left and trying to figure out where to go.
    Live Life Or Die

Otaku DangerGirl is off to a good start DangerGirl's Avatar
    Thanks

DG laughs out loud. "well, dont worry, i know how to not get in the way. I did a lot of team fighting a couple years back."

She looks around covering her nose with her mouth, there were dead and decomposing bodies everywhere, looks like they had stumbled into the Minotaurs bedroom.

Finally getting disgusted with the place she found the door leading out of the chamber and walked through it. "We better hurry up, i hate to see if this thing had children. Think we will find a quick and easy way out of here or am i just being hopeful?"

Thanks

Fang smirked, "If we find a quick and easy way out of here I will wear a dress." He keep walking hoping she was just joking about little minotaurs. The turns were geting worse and the smell of decomposing bodies were geting worse somthing else was making this smell and he didn't want to find out what it was.
    Live Life Or Die

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast