+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xelhes's Guide to Role Playing

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well being a PRO RP'er i have a few things to add to that for all you up and coming Role players.

First lets start off with Basic RP language. Besides OOC, IC, and BIC there are a bucket load of things which you should know. im sure ariiana may have said some just not the word used to describe them ~_^

Roleplaying Definitions + Grammar Importance

Roleplaying - Playing a character in reality or in writing.
    God-moding - Turning a character so invincible that they can kill everything with one shot or can take no hits.
    Powerplaying - Taking control of another character, even if its for a moment. [This could be in fights, just doing actions, ANYTHING.]
    Canon Character - A character that is from a video game, movie, TV show, anything. [These are sometimes called "original" characters.]
    Original Character - A character that you created. [These are sometimes called "madeup" characters.]
    Literacy - Using correct punctuation, spelling, grammar, and the like.
    Literate - Someone who uses correct punctuation, spelling, grammar, etc.

RP - Roleplay
    RPing - Roleplaying
    RPer - Roleplayer

Well enough with so many words =P lets jump to a few more things of which i think are of main importance

Characters

Next up is characters, of course. Why are characters so important? ...That's a very stupid question.

If the storyline is the brain, then the characters must be the heart and soul. They're REALLY what a roleplay is all about. They create the plot twists, and they move the real storyline forwards. Without characters, roleplays, fanfiction, video games, movies, TV shows would be NOTHING.

If naruto, sasuke, sakura, and every other character under the sun weren't in Naruto(anime), then... there wouldn't be a NARUTO!! That's why there's a character designer: to design characters to go into this plot that needs some company.

BUT, there are some things you should know before making a character

-Is an important character in love with them, from what you say in their bio?
    -Are they the most popular kid in their world?
    -Are they skinny and flawlessly pretty or insanely muscular?
    -Are they extremely weak yet hold a power to rebuild a lost universe or civilization?
    -Do they have an important weapon that's in the roleplay?
    -Are they not clumsy, naive, or stupid, meaning they're incredibly smart?

If any of those describe your character, though the weapon one isn't as strict to this concept, then you have a HUGE problem. Take a look at those details and fix them, or else you'll regret it completely. I've made up a CRUMMY character before, if not a few times. But, I've realized my mistakes and fixed them.

Part 2

Character Templates

But, where do you seriously go from there? I've Heard it OVER and OVer agin "Whatzatemplate?" It's the information on your character! It holds what they look like, information on their weapon, their biography, and other things as well. And, I'm going to go and explain all of these spots.

Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality:
    Bio:

This is what my normal template looks like. Your's don't have to look exactly the same, nor does it have to stick to that stuff. But, this is what I preferably use so, I'm going to use this one as an example in this.

Name: Easy. You know your name, right? You put their name in this slot, of course! So, if their name is, let's say, Fable Galardios. You'd put that name in this slot. You can, only if you want to or know it, put an explanation of what their name means. For Xelhes, I sometimes might put that it means part of the Merines word for Blessing next to her name in brackets. But, an explanation on their name is NOT necessary.

Age: Their age, of course! Normal characters, or the ones I know at least, have their age around 12 - 20, or maybe even higher. Sometimes it can even be 83,000 or more... which is nuts. Just put a number here. If they're REALLY old, like past a normal person's age, then... explain why. If they're 2,000 years old, explain WHY.

Weapon: In this slot, you put what their weapon is. It can be an ability they have, or it can be an actual sword. You can even put a description on what the blade, or whatever it is going to be, if you want!

Side: Good, bad, or neutral. If they're more of hero, put good; if they want to take over the universe, put evil; if they don't know what side they're on or they're in the middle, put neutral.

Now, before I go on, I have to say one thing: DO NOT NEGLECT THE APPEARANCE, PERSONALITY, AND BIO SLOTS. These are the descriptive portions of the template and, you have to pay attention to them, a lot of attention.

Appearance: This explains what your character looks like. If you don't have a picture, you'll need a description. ...No. Don't go off looking for pictures; use your mind to imagine what they'll look like! You need to describe, which is why I enforced that to the bios. Use adjectives, adverbs, and any type of word under the sun. That's what makes up detail, ya know.

Personality: I hate nothing more than a personality with three words. NO. IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. When I say personality, that means description. And, it's the part where you'll need a thesaurus handy. Words like quirky, angry, mischievous, happy-go-lucky, and others should be found here. Describe when they act like that, what they act like when they meet new people, etc.

Bio: Now, for the biggest part of them all, the biography. This explains their past, present, and possibly future. It describes why that have that weapon, why they have that ability, and what's happened to their past life, if there are any changes. Do NOT say that are mysterious. You can make them mysterious in the roleplay, just not in the biography. Don't be Clishe and don't make them mysterious. That's just an excuse for "I can't think of anything". OF COURSE YOU CAN THINK OF SOMETHING! Just brainstorm! Start with something small and link it outwards. Attach on things that the certain idea have in common.

Other Things for Your Template:
    Theme Song
    Abilities
    Home World
    Current Location
    [If you have anymore, PLEASE let me know.]

And, with that put together, you can make a template like this: of course it doesnt follow the exact follow up of what i showed you but you can take a look at this one. (DO NOT RIP ME OR I KILL YOU ^.^)
    (Taken from my Naruto RP i am participating on in a different forum.)

Name: Kaito Yoshido

Personality: Kaito has changed since his previous years. he used to be cold hearted and full of hatred and vengence. But since traveling with his newly found allies, he has become more open with others and has finally found at least somethin close to happiness. He still holds a slight grudge and mis trust for Sano for the death of his brother however not enough where he would hold a murderous intent over sano. He has fell madly in love with Aiko and lives to protect her. at times he becomes jealous which is somethin he needs to work on,

Appearance:
    Kaito has become a mature young man and his hair is now in a long ponytail. Even though Aiko continuously tells him to cut it. last time she tried to get him to cut his hair she ended up with the "changed" hair-do
    Village:

-Previous: Hidden Village of the Clouds

-Current: Traveling Ninja/konha

Chakra Element: Wind/water

Ninja Rank: Chunin

Team: Daaku Raito (sensei) Aiko, Hotaru.

-Previous:

-Current:

Weapon(s): Kunai, Ninja star, Daggers

ION: The katana that he has been practicing with. it was given to him during his 2/1.2 year training. on a mission to save a swordsman he was gifted with the blade. Though his skills arent master rank he is still a force to be reckoned with. ION has a special uniquness to it that sets it apart from other katana's. The blade itself can split into tiny particales and be manipulated at the user's will however kaito has yet to master it. He keeps it in its "ionic" form most of the time to avoid carrying it on his back but sometimes he does carry it also.

Jutsu: (Wind Jutsu)

-Taijutsu: Peregrine Falcon Drop- After hitting the oponent with a combo that varies, Kaito launches his opponent into the air. He then grabs a falling opponent by their ankles, wraps his legs around their waist, and drives them head first into the ground. *C-rank*

Gufuu no Jutsu- Kaito pummels his enemy with a flurry of punches and kicks then blasts the away with a powerfu l gust of wind. He then continuously knocks them around with bursts of wind with increasing intensity. *B-rank*

Aori Buresu Rendan- Kaito rushes the opponent and slams his knee into their stomach. He then somersault kicks them high into the air. A split second later Daaku appears behind them kicks the opponent back down......where he is waiting and hits them with he Aori Buresu no Jutsu. *B-rank*

Part 3

-Ninjutsu: Suupaasonikku Kattaa no Jutsu(Supersonic Cutter Jutsu)- By gathering concentrated wind chakra along his arms, Kaito is able to fire bursts of wind at extremely high speed at an enemy that is strong enough to blow their skin right off their bodies. ~Wind~ B-rank

Mattaki Geiru no Jutsu(Perfect Gale Jutsu)- Kaito extends the reacch of his chakra and mixes it with the wind blowing in the surrounding area and utilizes it to attack enemies. This jutsuís power depends on kaito's chakra control and the wind present in a given location. ~Wind~ C-rank

Futon: Geiru Atsuryokuha(Wind Release: Gale Pressure Wave)- Kaito generates wind currents that starts at his feet and travels up his legs and around his arms. It eventually reaches her hands where it is channeled. Kaito then spreads hishands apart forming a half moon shaped mass of semi-invisible chakra that fires at the opponent. This can break apart and hit the opponent faster than the actual wave by exerting smaller blasts of wind. ~Wind~ B-rank

Futon: Heijin Sengetsu(Wind Release: Sword Blade Crescent Moon)- This jutsu starts off the same way as Futon: Geiru Atsuryokuha, but once the energy moves up to her hands it forms into two solid crescent blades of wind that Kaito wields as blades for attacking. The blades are capable of cutting through numerous materials, that include human fleshÖÖ. ~Wind~ B-rank

Futon: Kyoufuu no Jutsu(Wind Release: Raging Wind Jutsu)- Kaito blows a gust of wind out of her mouth that buffets the enemy. The wind increases in speed and power until the enemy is trapped inside a small cyclone that shreds the opponents skin and continues to expand until itís the size of a small tornado, catching everything in itís path. The only downside to this jutsu is that if Kaito is touched during this attack it ends. ~Wind~ B-rank

Wind Dragon Jutsu- Kaito gathers the wind in a localized area and forms a dragon mass out of it. This is sent towards the opponent at high speeds, causing moderate damage. It is also possible for kaito to ride this dragon and launch extra attacks as it nears the opponent. ~Wind~ C-rank

Kago Aori Hiryuu no Jutsu(Divine Flying Wind Dragon Jutsu)- Kaito gathers the wind from the area around him, but instead of taking it from the level area he gathers it from higher altitudes as well. This form an enormous transparent serpentine dragon that swoops down attacking enemies. If an enemy isnít taken out by itís physical attack, they might be absorbed into the body of air where they are imploded by massive pressure. ~Wind~ S-rank

Futon: Senhappa(Wind Release: Energy Destroyer) This is Kaitoís specially made Senhappa attack. Like the normal one the chakra is gathered between the hands and stored for a powerful energy attack. This time however Kaito fuels the jutsu with wind. Maintains the attack for a much longer period of time and the wind laced chakra can tear an enemy to shreds, or even rip a hole through them. ~Wind~ A-rank

Gufuu Difensu(Typhoon Defense)- kaito summons a massive tornado that she wraps herself in. This provides the ultimate defense as it rejects any attack that hits it and allows for high speed movement for bone shattering attacks as well. ~Wind~ S-rank

JutsuWater)

(To be Taught)Suiton: Bakusui Shōha "Water Release: Exploding Water Shockwave":Using this jutsu, kaito can spit a massive amount of water from his mouth at a shocking rate that can uproot trees and scar the skin.The water can also can be made into a lake or water area to ready other water based jutsu.

(To be Taught)Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu "Water Release: Water Dragon Blast:Using this jutsu, kaito creates a huge current of water in the form of a serpentine dragon and directs it towards his target. The water used to create the dragon must be present to perform the technique in conjuction with another jutsu also.

(To be Taught)Suiton: Suikōdan no Jutsu"Water Release: Water Shark Missile: This jutsu utilizes water to attack the enemy with a powerful water burst in the form of a shark.

-Genjutsu: None

Forbidden Jutsu:

Futon: Senhappa(Wind Release: Energy Destroyer) This is Kaitoís specially made Senhappa attack. Like the normal one the chakra is gathered between the hands and stored for a powerful energy attack. This time however Kaito fuels the jutsu with wind. Maintains the attack for a much longer period of time and the wind laced chakra can tear an enemy to shreds, or even rip a hole through them. ~Wind~ A-rank

Kekkai Genkai: Eaton- This blood trait allows those in the Yoshido family to manipulate and control air molecules through will power alone. This allows them to breathe at anytime and gives them the ability to create wind based attacks even if they are underwater. The Yoshido can also use this ability to suffocate an enemy by stopping air from going into, or escaping thier lungs.

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu

Suffocation Jutsu- Daaku seals the opponent inside an area of limited air that gets smaller and smaller. The opponent will die if they are unable to escape.

Tsunami jutsu- By using his control over air, Kaitoi sable to manipulate the molecules in a large area and turn them into water. He creates a large crest of water that is crashed down upon the area. It will wipe out everything in it's path and due to the wind running through the water simultaneously most ninja caught in it will instantly drown.......

(To be Taught)Suiton: Daibakufu no Jutsu "Water Release: Great Waterfall Technique": Used in sync with his tsunami jutsu. This jutsu is used to fire a massive spiraling blast of water at the opponet while also having the Large Tsunami rain down upon them.

Shinigami Typhoon( Death lord Cyclone) This jutsu was one that Kaito created on his own while practicing controling his KG form change and the up'ed chakra he recives from it. since he gains over 90 percent of contorl of the air just being in his KG he rotates all the air in the area until it forms a massive tornado that is capaple of lifting Large buildings and uprooting trees. He channels Chakra into the cyclone it self making it a spinning Death trap it sucks in othres and also blows wind gust capable of destroying nearly anything in its path. However this takes a massive amount of chakra and could almost leave Kaito at Absoulute Zero chakra level.

Kekkei Genkai Form 2

Every few years very rarely a child of the yoshido clan is giften with a special Kekkei genkai. this change causes physical changes to the body and chakra levels. It changes the being into a sort of demon there hair becomes as white as the wind and there chakra levels jump at a astounding rate. Kaito was so far only the 5th yoshido child to ever have this type of KG in his clan. The kekkei genkai allows easier use of the air around him to the point where just by motioining his chakra in the air he can move wind anyway he pleases. his eyes allow him to see far distances as a hawk. and his motions become incredibly faster. This change however takes a toll on the body and can severly hurt the user. it can not kill but wll severly drain the chakra level of kaito. He becomes fit with new abilites and strenghts. .

However this part of the kekkei genkai can only be activated if he in enraged or near death its not as simple as commanding it. it feeds off his emotions and the more enraged he is the stronger he becomes.

Part 4

Bio: Kaito Yoshido was born into the Yoshido clan and had a harsh early childhood. He was forced to train each and everyday under horrible circumstances. His older Brother Tokishe was an excellent mentor and helped him in his training. With his help Kaito had no problem becoming a ninja to be proud of. He attained Genin status and continued to train.

Sadly on a mission Tokishe was murdered by his own Sensei Daaku Raito. Kaito was told that it had been an accident and that sometimes things like this couldn't be helped. He was devistated and was left all alone because his Father Ishiro didn't pay attention to him and had fallen into a state of extreme depression after losing his eldest son. Over the next couple of months Ishiro became more and more distant.

Ishiro was found murderd and kaito belived it to be Daaku raitio. time passes and Kaito finds the true killer who was right in his eyes the entire time Sanosuke. A hatred still boils within Kaito but he knows his brother wouldnt wish him to live a life of revenge

Kaito traveld with his new allies to konoha and attented the Chunin exams upon special Permission from the Kumokage. A massive attack was taken onto the village and kaito felt he had to help. Kaito was also re-united with a old child hood friend. a girl nammed Aiko. Kaitos feelings fer her were quite rare as to others he would seem distant but to aiko he would be open and out.

Over the years he has achived a strong bond with aiko rayex and the othres. finding them as his only family. His is the last remaining Yoshido left and he feels he has to continue the legacy. Under the strict training of Daaku he has learned many powerful jutsu and his abilities have become top notch. some times he looks for fights just to be cocky, however Aiko often stops him and keeps him in check. He finds himself jealous of other guys when they speak with her he once beat up 7 guys just because they were flirting with her. He hasnt announced his feelings for her but its apparent to othres. Recently his favorite pastime is the stars. ever since the day he met aiko for some reason he takes out time at the night just to lay under a tree and look at the stars. no one knows what particular things he thinks about. sometimes his brother sometimes his family and sometimes he just uses the time to relax but whenever he does lounge under the trees there is always something on his mind. With him now being 17 he no longer feels under many other ninja and feels apart from othres. his favorite thing that comes to mind is that. "Just because im a Young ninja...doesnt mean i fight at my level.."

SEE HOW GOOD THAT WAS BECAUSE I STAYED WITH ONE THING ^_^

Plot Twists AKA Posts

Posts are what really make up the actual roleplay itself. They create the plot twists, and great moments. they bring your character to life, and they're what makes roleplaying fun! [But what could be more fun than writing a template?] (SO much sarcasm in that remark -_-)

One thing that I love about roleplaying is when some incredible plot twist shows up and disrupts the whole theme and line of the story. That's always what has me my eyes stuck to the screen like a fly to a light bulb and reading it over and over again, feeling my heart pound as i scan the lines. This might not happen to you but, this is what happens in roleplays, or should anyways. Your adrenaline gets pumping and, that adrenaline shifts into your character. You begin to see the world, at that moment, from their eyes and you can put yourself there to figure out their action.

Well in OUR massive RP try to make yourself known but dont be a hog for attention you will get...unliked well i hope you enjoyed reading it ........

Adding some text for testing
    Last edited by Evol; Jan 30, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xelhes For This Useful Post:

Vincent (Jun 09, 2009)

Newbie Lost Radiant Redemption is off to a good start Lost Radiant Redemption's Avatar
    Across that rainbow bridge over there, and behind that glass gate
    Thanks

Re: Xelhes's Guide to Role Playing

Hmmm Xelhes, this is rather interesting. The stuff you have is good I suppose, but your grammer, and spelling could be better if you are making an example for others. You know as well as I that my words are rather blatant..........

Newbie Domineuce is off to a good start Domineuce's Avatar
    The last place you would look, your sister's closet XD.
    Thanks

Re: Xelhes's Guide to Role Playing

Lol nice guide, though if this were up to me I would've given the flow something more...eh whats the word. Subtle? Simple enough you've gotten the concept though choice of wording could've been improved. Makes me want to do a temp lol.

Uber abstract.

Newbie mist satomi is off to a good start
    Thanks

Question Re: Xelhes's Guide to Role Playing

..... hello? Is anyone on? Im new here, and me and my cuzion like to roleplay naurto Alot. Were big fans of darara, inyuasha, bleach etc. And my cuzion and i have been doing this a year and a half now. It's been alot of laughing. But my point is the only reason im telling you this is because last year i had found this website and it had roleplaying so i had read about it and all, but i had forgotten the name of who's i had read. So yeah. Plus im only telling u this because it needs 50 ch, and also rping.
    Mist satomi---

+ Reply to Thread