+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Thread: Characters for the Epic tale of Fantasy

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Characters for the Epic tale of Fantasy

Thanks....I have been waiting forever....I love this story I wanted to join so bad so thank you for accepting my character.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, nice RPG you've got going there... Mind if I join in? And tell me when's the best time to join up with the rest.

Name: Otto Wright

Race: Human

Alignment: Good

Distinctive features: Huge round glasses, clean-cut brown hair parted on the left, an amulet bearing the Wright Family crest around his neck

Clothing: Standard-issue Engineering Guild journeyman's uniform: grey beret, olive jacket, journeyman engineer's armband embroidered with the guild's crest, asparagus tunic, workman's belt, myrtle pantaloons, leather boots, as well as an apparently heavy brown workman's backpack he lugs to work

Weapons: (Initial) Wood carving knife, pipe wrench, pickaxe; can fight bare-handed

Usable Weapons: (Initial) Knives, clubs, axes

Character Bio:

While most children dream of running away from it all to join the circus, Otto Wright, once the youngest acrobat and daredevil of the famous Wright Family Circus, decided at the tender age of 8 to run away from the circus. leaving a life of fame, glory, and wealth for a more uncertain future. Otto discovered his true calling in life while watching engineers hired by his family working on circus implements. After having made up his mind, he decided to catch a ride with the engineers, albeit unnoticed, back to the city-state of Breislau up north.

Otto was found out shortly after arriving in Breislau; however, seeing that it was too late to send him back to the circus, the group decided to keep him instead as an apprentice under the stern tutelage of Meister Eckhart, a high-ranking member of the Guild of Engineers. Otto would spend his first two years under Eckhart scrubbing floors, polishing surfaces, and carrying tools and materials, and the next three years learning the trade from Eckhart and older apprentices.

However, his determination soon paid off, as Eckhart, realizing that the boy had both grit and potential, sent him off to study physics, alchemy, and metallurgy at the illustrious University of Breislau -- but not without making Otto promise that he share with him whatever new knowledge he would gain while studying. Finishing at the top of his class, he returned to work with Eckhart to receive his hard-earned rank of journeyman.

Seventy-five miles, three months and a dozen-or-so commissions later, Otto would find himself designing and repairing machines in back-room beer breweries in pubs and taverns in and around the little traveler's rest-stop of Nice, where engineers are often paid well for a day's worth of work. Though things do seem "nice" at present to our young engineer, that would change soon enough...
    Last edited by psychical; May 18, 2008 at 05:17 AM.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

I'm sorry psychial. . . Your character seems a little too advanced for the RP. Engeneering isn't really a profession yet in the time period so, there's no known university or school for it. There's barely any machines to start with. So unless your character is going to build a time machine, I'm sorry I can't accept the char. Feel free to make another if you wish though.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTING 2 MORE APPLICATIONS FOR NOW! GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE AVAILABLE! IF PEOPLE DROP OUT THEN I WILL POST SAYING SO.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shadowrulz View Post
    I'm sorry psychial. . . Your character seems a little too advanced for the RP. Engeneering isn't really a profession yet in the time period so, there's no known university or school for it. There's barely any machines to start with. So unless your character is going to build a time machine, I'm sorry I can't accept the char. Feel free to make another if you wish though.

ANNOUNCEMENT: I WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTING 2 MORE APPLICATIONS FOR NOW! GET THEM WHILE THEY'RE AVAILABLE! IF PEOPLE DROP OUT THEN I WILL POST SAYING SO.
    But that would make guns waaaaaaaaay ahead of their time in your world, dontcha think? But, it's your show. OK, here's a second proposal:

Will you allow an alchemist-physician to exist in your world, though? If you do, please station him in the castle everyone's in. Thanks.

Name: Brice Mannheim

Race: Human

Alignment: Good

Distinctive features: Spectacles (yes, since no-one else seems to wear them anyway), surgeon's armband, soldier's backpack for his instruments, potions, powders, and weapons

Clothing: Military surgeon's uniform (yes, there were surgeons even back then; maybe you could describe to me OOC what military gear looks like in your world), healing pouch worn on his belt (First-Aid kit, in other words)

Weapons: (Initial) Staff, light crossbow

Useable weapons: (Initial) Pole weapons, launchers of all sorts

Bio:

The third son born to a famous family of alchemist-herbalists, Brice was born with a knack for concocting all sorts of potions, even useless, flashy ones he made just to razzle-dazzle his friends. Unlike his father and brothers, accomplished physicians known to treat even seemlingly-incurable afflictions using only potions and balms, Brice, though proven quite capable in the healing arts, was more interested in mixing even the most innocuous substances to "make things that go boom". When Brice was 10, a neighbor's barn burned down after a small explosion was heard; even to this day, Brice denies involvement even after having been suspected of being responsible for this little catastrophe.

After learning everything he could about alchemy and the healing arts from his father and brothers, Brice, at the age of 16, enlisted in the army as a surgeon, all the while keeping his knowledge of explosives a secret. Brice would spend month after uneventful month garrisoned in a far-flung castle in the mountains, treating sick civilians when not attending to wounded soldiers (which, in times of peace, he did only rarely).

Just before blowing out the 18 candles on his birthday cake, Brice jokingly told his fellow officers that he wished for "a bloody war to erupt", since "army surgeons like me are practically useless to soldier types like you in times of peace". Little did he realize that he would get what he wished for, and much sooner than he thought...
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

Very good. ACCEPTED FULLY. Check your PMs for the answers to your questions. And a few comments.

ONE SPOT LEFT FOR THE RP! GET IT WHILE IT'S HERE!

EDIT:

Firstborn has decided that his character will be joining the military for a while. At least until he can get on more often. That leaves yet another open spot for the RP.

TWO SPOTS LEFT

As of now, I will edit the first page in Strategy for the Great Epic Tale of Fantasy with current characters, activity, and the names of those that have made characters.
    Last edited by shadowrulz; Jun 08, 2008 at 12:06 PM.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8