Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XVI

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy XVI

Final Fantasy XVI Opening Movie: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Final Fantasy XVI Main Theme Song: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Lyrics - 平野綾 (Aya Hirano) - Harmonia Vita - Lyrics from LyricWiki

Summary of the Plot

War plagues the world of Eorzea yet again, this time the five gods have decided to intervene. There is little time left for the world as warmongering countries lead faithfully down the path of armaggedon. Only by standing up can we prevent the end of our world.

Will you stand up and fight?

Character Sheet*

Name:
    Race:
    Weapons [Can have guns, or mideavel weapons]:
    Biography***:

* Characters will start out weak. There will always be the constant threat that there are stronger enemies in the world out there, more skilled at what you do best. We will work our way up to be top dogs throughout the RP.

** The Character Class of Assassin, Hell Knight, High Mage, and Omniscient Mage are forbidden Classes to be. If you wish to be one of those Classes, it will have to be done the hard way, by working in the RP for them. If you’re going to be a Rogue Class, please specify which sub-division you wish to be. They are listed.

*** Everyone has a secret, make sure that your characters have one, too. It could be a moral secret, like a Paladin killing his best friend when he was younger. Something along the lines that will have an impact on the characters in this RP. DO NOT say what your secret it, let us find out later.

Information: READ!!!

The Five Gods
    Eorzea - types of Government
    Countries
    Classes 2 3
    Technology
    Mana, Energy, and Crystals
    Races

Rules
    • I am GM, what I say goes. Do not contradict what I say. I'll be lenient, as I am lazy, but don't think it will get you off.
    • Reasonable length posts. I want something happening in every post. If nothing is happening in your post, it is a waste to every reading, and to yourself. No one likes wasting their time.
    • Make sure that your spelling and grammar are right. It takes five seconds to do a spell check in a Word document.
    • Expert level writing. Real paragraphs, flow, word-choice. The whole pack.
    • If you wish to well shape the story, you are free to do so within your posts. However, big storyplot ideas must be passed through me so that we can work something out. Rarely will I turn something away, it is as much my RP as it is yours.

The Five Gods

The current world of Eorzea is the product of a God’s will: The High Father. The High Father gave his blood, his energy, his time, even his life to the creation of the Eorzea. It was his sole purpose, he craved for nothing more. He was greedy, ambitious, and a little reckless. Within moments of Eorzea’s birth in the universe The High Father’s life as omnipotent god was quickly ending, all, if not most, of his energy was spent, yet continued to course out of his range within the deep confines of Eorzea’s terrain.

As his life quickly faded away from the High Father, he foresaw the end of Eorzea as surely as his own life was ending and created five Lesser Gods to rule over Eorzea and to lead it down the right path of the Promised Land, where, it is said, the High Father dwells in his enternal kingdom.

First Son – Undias

Undais was created as the strongest, most powerful of the High Father’s children. He is master of life and death, seeking out and reorganizing time. None could stand in his way and hope to live, very few intelligents, even among his siblings, could tackle his expertise in all areas.

Second Daughter – Reina

Reina was second created and the one who would rule the world through peace and negotiation. It is with her wisdom that the world of Eorzea has thrived thus far in a state of harmonious tranquility. She was created as the second strongest of the creations and from her wisdom the wisdom of all Eorzea entered. From her mind rose up intelligent beings that could look, build, and create as living creatures wish. From her were the races of Humans, Moogles, Draconians, Vispera, Maruto, and Elementals born.

Third Son – Ljilja

The third son Ljilja was reclusive, even hid among the world of Eorzea for many long uncountable years. While hidden it was he who made the living beings that we call animals from the smallest bugs to the greatest, most powerful of dragons. Very little was put in the way of these creatures, they were like servants to the intelligent beings, lossless creatures to live and to die at the hands and wills of others, and to fade away without a single backward glance. From his mouth poured misery, deception, and sinful actions.

Fourth Daughter – Venus

Venus, despite her womanly appearences is a goddess that the High Father specially created from the far flung depths of his inner mind’s eye. Using Venus as a vulcrum, the High Father poured into her all the knowledge of advancement of technology. Without Venus, the High Father knew, Eorzea would be doomed from the beginning, saved as if by fire.

Fifth Daughter – Athena

Athena is the goddess of birth, her appearence of the child is that of an innocent, carefree being with an unlimited potental for growth, with this in mind during her creation, the High Father wanted her brothers and sisters to witness her, cherish her, and to not dwindle away their time with petty differences that could turn into world-wide wars. The plan worked, for a time.

Each of the five gods born of the High Father were immensly powerful, to the point that if a war broke out with any two of them everything that the High Father did in his creation of Eorzea would be ultaimtely destroyed. These five knew that, too. They kept their inner fights to a minimum, choosing instead to fight with hordes of armies from the planet than with their own power.

No one contested with Undais for power. The other four knew as certain as the High Father created them, that only with all of their combined power together, they could destroy Undais, but at a terrible price. Everything would fall into oblivion.

Undais, too, never contested the right to rule. He lived simply by his principles and his principles alone, seeking only his siblings in times of lonliness. As the most powerful, there was little that any one could do against Undais.

The five lived harmoniously for a time until the third son’s, Ljilja, jealousy of his elder brother intensified to a breaking point. War erupted. Ljilja attacked Undais with a sneak attack from behind, but Undais, sensing this for some time, halted time altogether and used his power of mastery over death and life, brought Ljilja within inches of his own destruction. The event happened so fast that the fued was over with before the sisters realized that Ljilja launched his attack.

When asked about the incident later, Undais merely shrugged and said, “There was only a slight misunderstanding.”

It was with this incident alone that severed all ties from Undais's siblings and himself. Even the second daughter, whom Undais graciously gave authority of Eorzea, felt betrayed, pitied. From then on Eorzea was lain waste with repetitive wars for dominance, with the center being of the five gods opposition.

Alone were Undais and Athena as the only neutral parties.

Only Eorzea bears the scars of their bitter rivalry.

The Five gods could step from their high perch from their realm and step foot whenever they desire on Eorzea, but Eorzea could never take their energy, and would become distorted. Rifts would open, holes leading to nowhere, nothingness that would suck out all life and render Eorzea a dead planet. The Omniscient Mage lives to set the distortions right.

Eorzea

Eorzea is cut up into a series of organized and disorganized states of government, each ruled with a certain leader, king, or president. There are numerous countires in total; some countries are huge states cut out from the earth, or a jungle of smaller countires banded together under one banner, or else left alone with their own sovereingty, but only a handful of governments exist to cover all of the countires.

Types of Governments to be found in Eorzea

Anarchy:
    • "No rulership or enforced authority.”
    • "Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder.”
    • "A social state in which there is no governing person or group of persons, but each individual has absolute liberty (without the implication of disorder).
    • "Absence or non-recognition of authority and order in any given sphere.”
    • A society free from coercive authority of any kind is the goal of proponents of the political philosophy of anarchism (anarchists).
    • Independent from rule or authority.
    • Legitimacy of a state is gained through consent, not through coercion.

Communist Rule:

In political science, a Communist state is a state with a form of government characterized by single-party rule of a Communist party and a professed allegiance to a communist ideology as the guiding principle of the state. Communist states may have several legal political parties, but the Communist party is usually granted a special or dominant role in government, often by statute or under the constitution. Consequently, the institutions of the state and of the Communist party become intimately entwined, such as in the development of parallel institutions.

Democracy:

Democracy is a form of government in which the right to govern is vested in the citizens of a country or a state and exercised through a majority rule. It is derived from the Greek δημοκρατία (dēmokrat*a), "popular government", which was coined from δῆμος (dêmos), "people" and κράτος (krátos), "rule, strength" in the middle of the fifth-fourth century BC to denote the political systems then existing in some Greek city-states, notably Athens following a popular uprising in 508 BC. A democracy can denote either direct or indirect rule by the people.

Logocracy:

Logocracy is the rule of, or government by, words. It is derived from the Greek λόγος (logos) - "word" and from κράτος (kratos) - to "govern". The term can be used either positively, ironically or negatively.

Noocracy:

Noocracy, or "aristocracy of the wise", as defined by Plato, is a social and political system that is "based on the priority of human mind", according to Vladimir Vernadsky. It was also further developed in the writings of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.

Republic:

A republic is a state or country that is not led by a monarch, in which the people (or at least a part of its people) have an impact on its government. The word 'republic' is derived from the Latin phrase res publica which can be translated as "public affairs".

Totalitarianism:

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system that strives to regulate nearly every aspect of public and private life. Totalitarian regimes or movements maintain themselves in political power by means of an official all-embracing ideology and propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that controls the state, personality cults, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism, the use of mass surveillance, and widespread use of state terrorism.

The Countries

As previously was stated, there is a multitude of countries on eorzea, but only five of them are worth noting. These five countries are what some may call ‘The Axis’ and “Allies’ of Eorzea. Hardly any of the five see eye to eye, the fove gods believe that their wish to ignore any possibility that the other four countries are remotely right is a cause for alarm. The five countries are large city-states. Their names, location, government, and essentials are below:

Aelbeach

click to show spoiler

Orlyn

click to show spoiler

Swynkeep

click to show spoiler

United States of Eorzea

click to show spoiler

Valnesse Empire

click to show spoiler
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jul 05, 2009 at 09:23 PM.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy XVI

Classes

Alchemist

click to show spoiler

Assassin

click to show spoiler

Beast Master

click to show spoiler

Berserker

click to show spoiler

Cleric

click to show spoiler

Dark Knight

click to show spoiler
    Last edited by zyta; Jul 05, 2009 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks
    Classes Continued

Dragoon

click to show spoiler

Golem

click to show spoiler

Hell Knight

click to show spoiler

High Mage

click to show spoiler

Classes Continued

Lich

click to show spoiler

Mage

click to show spoiler

Necromaner

click to show spoiler

The Omniscient Mage

click to show spoiler

Paladin

click to show spoiler

Rogue

click to show spoiler

Summoner

click to show spoiler

Technology

click to show spoiler

Mana, Energy, and Crystals and the Differences Between Them

Every living being on eorzea, whether they are animals or plants, have the power to wield and/or repel magical entities. Without this resistence, the very fabrics of what is known to be reality would be shattered, replaced, and reshaped at will by ameteurs of the magical art.

Mana

click to show spoiler

Energy

click to show spoiler

Crystals

click to show spoiler

Casting spells

click to show spoiler

Races

Humans

Humans is the dominate race among Eorzea. They are crafty beings, highly intelligent, and compromise most of what is built on Eorzea. Humans are your basic race, they excell in intelligence only; they don’t have overbearing strength like the Draconiancs; don’t have innate magical power like the moogles; don’t have speed like the Vispera, or the agility of the Maruto; and cannot work with mana as well as the Elementals.

Of all races the humans are those with the shortest lifespans; because of this they mature quickly, and act like they have no time left to live.

Moogles

Moogles are modest creatures and the most intelligent being on Eorzea. They cover most of Eorzea, but can only live in settlements near, or in tropical locations. Moogles spend their lives researching arcane arts such as magic or summonging; seldom Moogles will venture beyond and study the art of Necrosis.

Draconians

Draconians are humanoid lizards with dragon-esqe properties in their DNA. Draconians have reptilian scales that are harder than most armor, yet Draconians still wear armor as an added precaution.What they lack in mobility, they more than make up in strength. Draconians have sharp eyes and sharp teeth, and a powerful tail that could cleave a man in two if swung with all their might.

Draconains, from birth, have a Limiter attached to their bodies, for if it is ever taken off the Draconian loses their life and turns into a blood savage dragon, and must be put down. Their dragon form is much weaker than that of a normal dragon, there is no turning back.

Draconians have near human intelligence.

Vispera

Vispera are bunny beings with some human features, such as a tall body, can stand on two legs, and speak human languages. From all races, the Vispera are the quickest, they are able to dodge most attacks and laucnh counter attacks with deadly precision. Heavy weapons are ther bane, thus none of their race carry any.

Maruto

Maruto are humanoid figures in the form of a cat. Short hair; long hair; mediumsized hair cover the Maruto’s body as as sort of extra barrier to their skin. This barrier of sorts has long since been forgotten with the invention of plate and chain-link mail armor. Maruto, not quite as quite on their feet as the Vispera, are best with agility.

Agility does not equal speed, it equals balance. Maruto can scale the side of any building, flat-faced or rough with many handholds. Maruto, like the Viserpa, prefer smaller weapons, but they may also use medium to large sizes as well. The weight puts a damper of their speed, but by using the Maruto’s tail as a counter balance, none of the weight affects the Maruto’s sense of balance.

Elementals

Elementals are csentient beings constantly shaping and re-shaping their outer appearance. No one knows what form is their true one; incidentally most Elementals are thougt to be balls of pure Mana, condensed into Energy, and are thus born. They are the ultimate spell caster. They have no hands to hold a weapon, and no visible body to wear armor.

They are protected with a viel of energy, always visible, that will render objkects motionless for a second, at most. This shield of energy can also be used to attack from.

Note: that I will reveal the true form of the Elemental later in the RP. For now, though, I’ll keep it a secret.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jul 05, 2009 at 09:24 PM.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Like freaking wow, haven't seen an RPG in a while that made me want to play...so what the heck... I am in (which stands to say this is approved as soon as 5 players happen in).

I will say that too much effort went into this so if you are going to play, put effort into it.

Now just how does one even pick a class...so many I want to be O_O

Newbie ValkyrieofDreams is off to a good start ValkyrieofDreams's Avatar
    Thanks

I am very wow'd indeed. I just need enough time to read everything thoroughly before I choose everything....give me time and I will join also. Expect many questions from me though, and know that I am a very good RPG player. :P

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Finally!!! I read it all!!! XD I will, of course, be joining. Great work, as always, zyta. Geez... you said it took awhile to finsih this and I believe you!!!

O_O Chiefy is joining!!! Wow!! I wonder how this RP will turn out. Well I'll be posting my character sheet soon.

Question. I'm just wondering(I don't want to be this class at all!!), you said the Assassin class is forbidden, but then how does one become an Assassin if they are born. Just confused on that part. ^__^

~whee~ Can't wait for others to join!!! XD

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll be joining. Give me some time to read it all and then I will got to work on my character. Man, there is a lot of classes. Now which one should I be?

Otaku FangBloodthirst is off to a good start FangBloodthirst's Avatar
    Thanks

All I can say is wow and sign me up. Zyta you always come up with good rpgs.
    Live Life Or Die

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast