Enlighetenment: Revival Races
There are various races involved in enlightenment. Due to limitations of the number of Characters I'm able to type, I'm going to have to split it up into several posts. The RP itsself is awaiting approval at the moment, so you may not see it right away.
These are examples of races I designed, just to show you the format of race creation. All the information I include here should be included in a character creation:
HOME: Lazelon Continent (A continent on this planet that offers all types of terrain)
APPEARANCE: Humanoid creatures much in the shape of man (Humans). But despite being human-like creatures, there are many differences. The few difference between Dullwin's and humans are: Bat-like OR Angelic-like wings adorning their hip areas; a dorsal fin custom to their upper back; Hooves-structures replacing their feet (goat); Two sets of eye-lids; and skin as tough as hide.
COMMON PROFESSION: Druids
Ability to fly (Bat-like or Angel-like wings)
Ability to swim at remarkable speeds (Dorsal fin)
Ability to run fast (Goat-like hooves)
Ability to see remarkably well in all conditions (Two-sets of eye lids)
Ability to withstand a lot of physical damage (Hide-Like Skin)
Shapeshift aerial (Become aerial creatures)
Shapeshift Aquatic (Become aquatic creatures)
Shapeshift land (Become land creatures)
Shapeshift immoble (Become immoble things such as rocks and trees)
Shapeshift Limbs (Can shift his limbs into anything he chooses. Creating such animals as phoenixs, griffons, etc)
Dullwin names are often related strongly to nature alone.
They often wear animal hides for clothing.
Despise the use of anything other than naturally occurring substances.
Many Dullwin choose to live on mountains or oceans.
That was an example of race you can create using your imagination. It wasn't god-like. Basically to sum that all up is Dullwin's bodies are designed in all forms of life and they can become any form life. They're not super strong, just can vary and adapt.
You can virtually design anything you choose. Another example would be a race depending on technology such as guns and stuff. Just be creative.
THE RELENT RACES:
C'lastiyl - A race of known cannibalistic creatures. They are strong in honour and family. Their beliefs are strong in that devouring another warrior is a way to gain their strengths. Known to inhabit the Catayclysts.
Jae'Norheal - Inhabitants of the Selestial. They appear as ghost but often take the form of fallen warriors.
Demilon - An extremely dangerous inhabitant of the Qer'la. The intelligent but primal offspring of an Eidolon and a Hellion. They retain the ability to change into stone or mist, and also retain the ability to conjure fire, but do not inherit any other traits. They are both soulless and fearless. They are wolflike in form, skeletal but with the Hellion signature flaming hair.
Pathenonii: Extremely dangerous sadistic beings coming from the Maize'Tel region that take pleasure in pain and dishing it out. They have a strange venom that actually keeps you alive no matter what they do to you, the pain, however, is amplified three times, and during that time, they usually will peel the skin off your leg very slowly, and just get giddy from the screams of the tortured. They are hyena-like in form, but are skinless and have no eyes, but have a heightened sense of smell, and hearing. While their venom is extremely dangerous, can be mixed in with formulas that can save ones' life.
PLAYER CREATED RACES SO FAR:
I'll continue to update the list as we go along. Feel free to use a preexsisting race if nessciary.
Re: Enlighetenment: Revival Races
HOME: The Nether - a dark place that is neither good nor evil. It is inhabited solely and completely by Eidolons of all descriptions. The Nether is connected to all realms, yet is a part of none of them; there is a chamber located within its labyrinthine depths known as the Chamber to All Places, guarded by one of the fiercest Greater Eidolons, one of the few who has True Sight, to prevent those who are not escorted by another Greater Eidolon from entering the Nether. Eidolons within this realm benefit from a vastly increased power level, able to fashion their citadels from the vast, dungeon-like realm. The realm itself consists of a single, massive planet that appears to be simply a huge gothic dungeon, hanging in the twisting red, black and golden energies that make up the sky. Many citadels of varying size adorn the skies of the Nether.
APPEARANCE: Varies, but always has a demonic, skeletal theme
COMMON PROFESSION: Fiend, evil mastermind, villain... you get the idea.
•Shapechange - can solidify into stone or dissolve into mist at will.
•Can take 4 of the following abilities:
◦Snapping Tongue - similar to the Xenomorphs from the Alien trilogy
◦Concealed Claws - Wolverine style
◦Wound Regeneration - can pull itself together like Majin Buu
◦Shadow Breath - breath weapon that chokes and obscures vision
•Soulless - immune to soul-related abilities.
•Mindless Will - immune to fear, compulsions, charms and possession.
•Can take 3 of the following abilities:
◦Awakened Power (allows the Eidolon to tap into their inner power to attack from a distance)
◦Spell Shield (an actively used shield that reflects magic back at its caster)
◦True Sight (can see something for what they are, whatever form they take)
◦Possession (can possess any living being, Ing-style)
◦Soul Drain (drains the life essence of a living being until interrupted or the target is dead)
◦Gaze of Atrophy (causes anyone meeting the Eidolon's gaze to begin to decay)
◦Cursed Wound (prevents wounds caused by the Eidolon from healing)
◦Mental Exposure (allows the Eidolon to read surface thoughts)
◦Fearshape (allows the Eidolon to take on the shape of its victim's worst fear)
- Lesser Eidolons may only take 1 physical ability from the list of 'takeable' abilities.
- Eidolons may take 2 physical abilities and 1 mental ability.
- Greater Eidolons may take 3 physical and 2 mental ability.
- Eidolon Lords may take the full complement of 4 physical and 3 mental abilities.
- All Eidolons are unalterably evil. However, they are capricious and highly cunning beings, and despite their evil nature may not act so. An Eidolon may have a self-serving end even in the most apparently benevolent act.
- Eidolon Lords usually have minions at their command, consisting of other Eidolons, including Lesser and Greater Eidolons. If the Eidolon Lord has Awakened Powers, these minions can be summoned at will over great distances and between realms.
- Eidolons favour crimson, black and gold in their clothing, and ordinarily have a gothic design. Eidolon Lords are usually dressed in grand halfways between robes and plate armour.
- Eidolons generally live in their own floating citadel, though have been known to break away and join society. Eidolon Lords usually have complete control over their citadel and its inhabitants, meaning that there is only one Eidolon Lord per citadel.
- An Eidolon's will, sense of self and intelligence do not depend on the presence of a mind or soul as most other races would understand it. Thus, even though they are mindless and soulless, they still have an infernal will and powerful force of personality.
- An Eidolon does not breathe, eat or sleep. Indeed, it has no flesh to invigorate with such means - an Eidolon consists of a skeleton animated with something dark and terrible in place of a soul.
Racial Background : A wide spread race of lizard-men who originated from the Grim Wastes all though first eyewitness accounts place them in the Gerronin Sands, only the Lazikk themselves are aware of their ancestral home in the wastes. Having migrated into the world the Lazikk forged a name for themselves - Brutal, efficient, and greedy they are viewed by the common eye as undisciplined scum. Those who have worked more closely with the Lazikk race understand one very vital thing about them. They are fast learners, a survival tactic bread from centuries of fighting a hostile ever changing environment made these lizard men one of the deadliest mortal sentient species in the world. Due to such conditions their DNA has adapted, extremely, to survive nearly any disease but not to kill it, as such a Lazikk body could very well be a walking plague if they wished it so.
Appearance : Various Metallic and Mineral colored scales with gold, red, diamond or black eyes. A Lazikk stands between 6 and 10 feet tall however they stoop themselves to appear less dominating in the world of humans and other creatures, this tactic also gives them extreme balance. Generally in some form of cloth of chain mail armor to create a sense of decency for the other races a Lazikk is always, in some fashion, armed.
Common Professions : Cutthroat, merchant, gambling bookie, mercenary, axillary soldiers, explorer, personal security, assassin, scout, walking plague.
Physical Abilities :
Able to run with extreme speeds and to jump longer distances and higher then the average being (Inverse legs)
Able to keep extreme Balance (Tail)
Able to see in nearly all conditions (Lizard Eyes)
Able to weather almost any strike from a weapon (Armored Scales)
Able to deal devastating strikes (Muscle build)
Mental Abilities :
Impossibly cunning and quick witted (Difficult to out smart or trick)
Proficient with near any weapon within hours of practice (Flexible weapon selection in a tight situation)
Pain resistance (Torture and in-combat damage cause less pain, keeping the Lazikk focused)
Survival instinct (Can live in the harshest conditions)
Racial Instinct (Able to sense the location of a near-by Lazikk in a time of need. this ability increases in range the older they grow)
Re: Enlighetenment: Revival Races
HOME: Any woodlands or grassy plains.
APPEARANCE: Adult leaf angels have a decidedly feline appearance, taking the basic shape of a humanoid cat with wings. They stand up to 4ft tall, with a wingspan of 20ft, and are always of a slender build, though males tend to be larger and fairly muscular. They have huge, midnight-blue, orblike eyes that lack any pupils or whites. Their hair is of an identical colour, and is usually kept long - males have a shaggy mane, while females have elegant, straight hair. They have short, pale green fur and long, leaflike ears. Males have a leonine facial structure, while females' faces more closely resemble a domestic cat's. They have a number of strange features that mark them as being extraordinary creatures of nature.
Instead of feathers, their wings are composed of leaves. Atop their heads grows a small stem, from which sprouts a single large, fanlike leaf that normally arcs backwards, but can be raised to stand upright or moved as far as to cover their face. They have two small antennae that hang down from their foreheads, and between their eyes sits a large, dark lilac gemlike stone. Their wrists and ankles are wreathed in small leaves that lie back against their forearms and lower legs, and there is a single large leaf on each forearm as well, normally lying back against the elbow but can be swivelled to extend past the hand. Two prehensile vines extend above the wing joints on the leaf angel's back, and can be extended to considerable lengths. Finally, the palms on the leaf angel's hands contain a small, muscular launcher, used to propel seeds grown within the leaf angel's body. These seeds can be used as an attack, to provide food for other species, or as the leaf angel's primary means of reproduction.
Leaf angels have four stages in their life cycle. Leaf angels begin the 'pod' stage of their life as a plant, on top of which grows the egg-like pod that eventually splits open to reveal the second 'child' stage, which retains all the abilities of the third 'adult' stage described above, but has a far more feline appearance, looking like a leafy cat with wings. A leaf angel child will enter a state of accelerated evolution and emerge three days later as an adult leaf angel. The last, 'wisp' stage of a leaf angel's life begins when the leaf angel's body finally dies, releasing the stone embedded in his or her head. This stone then shatters, releasing a tiny, incandescent, incorporeal, fairly-like wisp that from a distance simply looks like a point of lilac light, but when one looks closely enough one, they would see a miniaturised, ghostly version of the adult leaf angel.
COMMON PROFESSION: Guardian, ranger, healer
•Various specific abilities and techniques (think Pokemon)
•Superior Sight and Smell - can see in total darkness and with a huge colour spectrum, can pick up faint scents and identify others by smell
•Superior Agility and Reaction Time
•Soul Reaction - can bind with another species to form a powerful weapon
•Various specific abilities and techniques (think Pokemon)
•Empathy - feels the emotions of those around them
•Preternatural Awareness - is aware of things they shouldn't be able to sense
•Premonitions - can see possible future events
•Magic (Light) - can use healing and light-based magic
- Leaf angels are wilderness wanderers, perfectly at home with nature. When living in this way, they act as guardians and rangers, keeping the balance of nature intact.
- Leaf angels mate just as most other humanoid species do, but do not give birth. Instead, the female will plant the fertilised seed into the ground, which will grow over the course of several weeks into a large leafy pod. Eventually, the pod will blossom like a flower, in the middle of which lies a sleeping baby leaf angel.
- Leaf angels are inherently good, but 'evil' leaf angels are not unheard of. Evil leaf angels, however, do not have access to the white magic available to good leaf angels, and usually look for dark artefacts to negate this disadvantage.
- A leaf angel's Reaction ability transforms them into a powerful weapon bound to the person Reacted with. This ability can be used unkeyed for decent results, or can be keyed to a particular person to push the results into the spectacular. A leaf angel can only be keyed with one person at a time.
- A leaf angel's Premonition ability can be triggered willingly by touching a pertinent object or person, or involuntarily when great danger lurks in the immediate future.
- The Preternatural Awareness ability allows the leaf angel unparalleled dodging ability, even against attacks they don't know about. It also allows them to avoid the effects of deadly traps if they can react quickly enough. Effectively, it is impossible to sneak up on, or past, a leaf angel.
- The gem in a leaf angel's forehead is extremely valuable, but to obtain one involves killing the leaf angel in question.
- Leaf angels sleep and drink, but do not eat - their leaves photosynthesise all the nutrients they need using minerals found in the water they drink. In a pinch, they are able to root down using their vines to draw sustenance from soil like a plant.
- There is a legend surrounding the 'Kyuukyoku Hayashi', a mythical forest of trees that grow a special flower. This flower does not actually have a soul, but can absorb the soul energy of a single leaf angel wisp. So it is that leaf angel wisps that tire of life can Soul React with these flowers, which then absorb the leaf angel's soul into the tree. The legend states that the flowers begin to glow a phosphorescent lilac when they have absorbed a leaf angel wisp, and that the tree itself stores the experiences of each leaf angel absorbed by its flowers, making the forest a sacred place for leaf angels.
- 'Various specific abilities' counts as both a physical and a mental trait due to the wide spectrum of abilities it encompasses. Each ability is similar to those displayed by various Pokemon of the Grass and Psychic types, and include the following: