HOME: The Nether - a dark place that is neither good nor evil. It is inhabited solely and completely by Eidolons of all descriptions. The Nether is connected to all realms, yet is a part of none of them; there is a chamber located within its labyrinthine depths known as the Chamber to All Places, guarded by one of the fiercest Greater Eidolons, one of the few who has True Sight, to prevent those who are not escorted by another Greater Eidolon from entering the Nether. Eidolons within this realm benefit from a vastly increased power level, able to fashion their citadels from the vast, dungeon-like realm. The realm itself consists of a single, massive planet that appears to be simply a huge gothic dungeon, hanging in the twisting red, black and golden energies that make up the sky. Many citadels of varying size adorn the skies of the Nether.
APPEARANCE: Varies, but always has a demonic, skeletal theme
COMMON PROFESSION: Fiend, evil mastermind, villain... you get the idea.
•Shapechange - can solidify into stone or dissolve into mist at will.
•Can take 4 of the following abilities:
◦Snapping Tongue - similar to the Xenomorphs from the Alien trilogy
◦Concealed Claws - Wolverine style
◦Wound Regeneration - can pull itself together like Majin Buu
◦Shadow Breath - breath weapon that chokes and obscures vision
•Soulless - immune to soul-related abilities.
•Mindless Will - immune to fear, compulsions, charms and possession.
•Can take 3 of the following abilities:
◦Awakened Power (allows the Eidolon to tap into their inner power to attack from a distance)
◦Spell Shield (an actively used shield that reflects magic back at its caster)
◦True Sight (can see something for what they are, whatever form they take)
◦Possession (can possess any living being, Ing-style)
◦Soul Drain (drains the life essence of a living being until interrupted or the target is dead)
◦Gaze of Atrophy (causes anyone meeting the Eidolon's gaze to begin to decay)
◦Cursed Wound (prevents wounds caused by the Eidolon from healing)
◦Mental Exposure (allows the Eidolon to read surface thoughts)
◦Fearshape (allows the Eidolon to take on the shape of its victim's worst fear)
- Lesser Eidolons may only take 1 physical ability from the list of 'takeable' abilities.
- Eidolons may take 2 physical abilities and 1 mental ability.
- Greater Eidolons may take 3 physical and 2 mental ability.
- Eidolon Lords may take the full complement of 4 physical and 3 mental abilities.
- All Eidolons are unalterably evil. However, they are capricious and highly cunning beings, and despite their evil nature may not act so. An Eidolon may have a self-serving end even in the most apparently benevolent act.
- Eidolon Lords usually have minions at their command, consisting of other Eidolons, including Lesser and Greater Eidolons. If the Eidolon Lord has Awakened Powers, these minions can be summoned at will over great distances and between realms.
- Eidolons favour crimson, black and gold in their clothing, and ordinarily have a gothic design. Eidolon Lords are usually dressed in grand halfways between robes and plate armour.
- Eidolons generally live in their own floating citadel, though have been known to break away and join society. Eidolon Lords usually have complete control over their citadel and its inhabitants, meaning that there is only one Eidolon Lord per citadel.
- An Eidolon's will, sense of self and intelligence do not depend on the presence of a mind or soul as most other races would understand it. Thus, even though they are mindless and soulless, they still have an infernal will and powerful force of personality.
- An Eidolon does not breathe, eat or sleep. Indeed, it has no flesh to invigorate with such means - an Eidolon consists of a skeleton animated with something dark and terrible in place of a soul.
Racial Background : A wide spread race of lizard-men who originated from the Grim Wastes all though first eyewitness accounts place them in the Gerronin Sands, only the Lazikk themselves are aware of their ancestral home in the wastes. Having migrated into the world the Lazikk forged a name for themselves - Brutal, efficient, and greedy they are viewed by the common eye as undisciplined scum. Those who have worked more closely with the Lazikk race understand one very vital thing about them. They are fast learners, a survival tactic bread from centuries of fighting a hostile ever changing environment made these lizard men one of the deadliest mortal sentient species in the world. Due to such conditions their DNA has adapted, extremely, to survive nearly any disease but not to kill it, as such a Lazikk body could very well be a walking plague if they wished it so.
Appearance : Various Metallic and Mineral colored scales with gold, red, diamond or black eyes. A Lazikk stands between 6 and 10 feet tall however they stoop themselves to appear less dominating in the world of humans and other creatures, this tactic also gives them extreme balance. Generally in some form of cloth of chain mail armor to create a sense of decency for the other races a Lazikk is always, in some fashion, armed.
Common Professions : Cutthroat, merchant, gambling bookie, mercenary, axillary soldiers, explorer, personal security, assassin, scout, walking plague.
Physical Abilities :
Able to run with extreme speeds and to jump longer distances and higher then the average being (Inverse legs)
Able to keep extreme Balance (Tail)
Able to see in nearly all conditions (Lizard Eyes)
Able to weather almost any strike from a weapon (Armored Scales)
Able to deal devastating strikes (Muscle build)
Mental Abilities :
Impossibly cunning and quick witted (Difficult to out smart or trick)
Proficient with near any weapon within hours of practice (Flexible weapon selection in a tight situation)
Pain resistance (Torture and in-combat damage cause less pain, keeping the Lazikk focused)
Survival instinct (Can live in the harshest conditions)
Racial Instinct (Able to sense the location of a near-by Lazikk in a time of need. this ability increases in range the older they grow)